Are the american red party cups actually a thing or just a hollywood thing? like to hide alcohol or something?

Are the american red party cups actually a thing or just a hollywood thing? like to hide alcohol or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're disposable plastic cups to hold drinks. They are red. Not much to them after that..

They hold nigger piss and are part of the jewish NWO.

>Red cups can't melt steel beams

so it's basically the only type of plastic cup you van buy over there in america? because it truly is the only thing one ever see on television

Basicly. I drink from these almost daily

They're called Dixie cups and are used at all the parties

They are actually a thing. They come in a few different colors and shapes. I hate those fucking square ones..

I was in a frat in college AMA

Yes these cups are the only ones that come in HUGE packs, which makes them ideal for parties. Even knock-off brands try to imitate the iconic "red Solo cup" look so you truly do see these everywhere. There are many other disposable cups on the market (like blue versions of these) but red is the most popular.

Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith

Nah, there's different colors and styles available. Thick red ones are just more popular.

"SOLO" is a brand name ... in case you are a foreignfag and didn't know that.

they have them in england too. i've only ever seen red ones and white ones.

That's not a cup.....that's a beer pong hoop

These fucking things. Every goddam movie and TV show has these fucking red cups. We have them here in NZ too, but WE HAVE OTHER FUCKING COLOURS!. Fuck you Hollywood.

I'm an engineer at the company that makes them and also many other kinds of cups too. Solocup.com Even most of the "knock offs" are also our products with a slightly different design or style made for a retail store brand.

We make lots of colors and sizes but the red party cup is by far the most popular in retail sales.

>engineer
>cups

Mainly saw white or transparent in france.

>I'm an engineer at the company that makes them

Aren't they about done engineering red plastic cups yet?

>that moment when a NEET discovers that mass produced objects aren't summoned out of thin air

>2017
>thinking that the average engineer does something more interesting than design Solo cups to be $0.0001 cheaper to make

my man.

That product doesn't change very often, but we make several thousand different types of food packing and containers. Most of the engineering work is in the machinery that produces the polymers, forms and then packages the cups. There is always opportunity to increase efficiency in manufacturing plants and to use new materials and automations.

do you really think solo isn't in other countries than america?

Damn...Always hide your vodka in a white vinegar bottle. And if that's something you'd do then it's time for an intervention

>lets Invent a cup!
>no one has thought of this before!
>plastic
>Shall we make it Red or Red?
>I'm an ENGINEER

shit man, you're a genious

If you look closely it's actually red and white. There are layers of different types of polymers which have various structural and chemical properties to resist the corrosive effects of acidic and alcoholic beverages on the inside, but also be strong enough to not crush in your hand or be easy to puncture. There is an incredible amount of engineering in even the most abundant products in modern life.

nah they come in most colors, blue the second most popular. but i dont see them that much unless its for a party or bbq, usually i see the clear plastic cups. they also have paper cups.

It's a plastic cup faggot

*Solo cups

>like to hide alcohol or something?
if thats the case, its terrible at doing so, like when piss heads cover a bottle of whiskey with a brown paper bag, like everyone doesnt know its fucking alcohol or something

or when i was back in school and the teacher pointed out theres pretty much no reason to be staring at your dick/minge all the time unless theres your phone between your legs (which it was for most kids)

They also hold alot and don't break as easy as other cups. Best for beer pong. Holds a tall boy amount in each and not many people know but the lines on the cup is to gauge beer a shot or a double shot or wine.

Hollywood actually got this correct

Or > I have no idea that manufacturing engineers are always trying to make things cheaper with lean manufacturing

Although I do hate piecemeal lean, when it should be done all in

Yes the lines are liquid measurement points, but I'd have to Google, I think the bottom line is one fluid ounce. These are tacky as fuck, I use a ~2lb thick ass glass beer mug myself.

No, it's much, much more than merely a "plastic cup"

Cheap chinese pseudo-plastic alternate derivative.

No it isn't.

No it's not a plastic cup, it's the best plastic cup.

>are they a thing?
Yes, they aren't required, or ubiquitous, or even always red, but the plastic party cup is pretty damn common.

>Why?

Because it's illegal almost everywhere to be in public with an open container of alcohol. However, if it's in a nondescript container a cop has no real reason to approach and check it unless you are noted as being obviously drunk.

It's similar to the "brown paper bag" thing, and equally as obvious as to what you're really doing. But it's a hassle for a cop to say that you were intoxicated and that was their justification unless you're really fucked up.

We also use it for non-alcoholic things when we have large parties and having enough real glasses would be impractical as shit. They're light weight and don't leave some shitty taste in your mouth.

Also, it isn't the only type of cup but it isn't readily available everywhere. There are clear plastic cups and shit but only cups in that red style (but not necessarily color) can really take a beating and bend a lot without breaking too easily.

They're used in movies because it's an immediate signal that there's a party happening and there's probably alcohol. Clear cups wouldn't have the same impact on screen and other colors of the same design don't stand out like red does.

Redneck meme.

>being this shut off and moronic

I don't know when or why these cups became popular but it's just a classic little piece of Americana at this point. They're cheap and disposable, but also when you see them, your subconscious mind associates them with beer, partying, fun times... I don't really know how to explain it past that. I would have figured other countries would want disposable party cups like this too.

they even have their own song/video

youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68