Industrial

Is there a better industrial album?

Other urls found in this thread:

helioschrome.com/damoninterview1981.MP3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's noise rock you novice plebeian

How do I get into Skinny Puppy?

yeah, one

If you deny fucking chrome is industrial you literally know nothing about the history of industrial music. I'm not joking. Educate yourself.

Don't tell me what to do

D.o.A: The Third and Final Report of Throbbing Gristle

Too Dark Park or Last Rites.

a masterpiece, but not industrial in the slightest
that's post-punk/noise rock you bumbus
good pick

>that's post-punk/noise rock you bumbus

Yes, it could be referred too by either of those genres. But it's also definitively industrial, and if you think otherwise you seriously know next to nothing about industrial music.

Please don't talk out of your ass.

Shut up

Well of course it has industrial elements, but it's closer to industrial rock than straight up industrial. It definitely isn't pure industrial, let alone primarily industrial to the point that you could call it that as its genre.

kmfdm - naive

>drum kit
>industrial

Depends on what appeals to you. The Greater Wrong of The Right would probably be a good starting point, especially if you like modern production that balances energy and experimentation. If you like late 80s, early 90s industrial rock, check out Rabies. If you like synthpop, then Bites and Remission would be your go-tos. If you want a high-energy, noisy, gritty synthesized experience, then Too Dark Park is great. If you want to experience the journey of a man traveling from his death and into Hell, then Last Rights is perfect.

>Recommending post-Dwayne Goetell Skinny Puppy

For what fucking purpose?

The most accurate classification of the album would be industrial rock, which is a subgenre of industrial. It has more industrial elements than post-punk or noise rock elements. You have to understand that post-punk influence and noise rock influence is a part of the recipe to create industrial rock. However, the album also takes heavy influence from krautrock, musique concrete, and noise, all elements that typically signify industrial music. Further, the mechanical, robotic aesthetic of the band is a clear pointer towards it being an industrial album. Finally, the metallic sound of the drum set strongly resembles inorganic, junkyard percussion.

This album is industrial rock, first and foremost. Therefore it could be considered industrial by extension, with industrial rock being a subgenre of industrial. This is similar to how you could consider both Darkthrone and Kyuss "metal" bands despite them playing subgenres of metal.

I can understand your confusion, because the album came before many significant industrial bands such as Throbbing Gristle. But these bands that would more definitively define the sound drew from the blueprint created by Chrome. The elements are all there; it is an industrial album no matter how hard you try to deny it.

nice try kids

Because it's good shit

Skinny Puppy are just shadows of their former selves ever since The Process. I don't deny the reunion stuff have some good songs, but I sure as hell could not pick the new albums as baby's first Skinny Puppy album.

Come on user The Process is arguably one of the best.

TGWOTR is probably the most accessible Skinny Puppy album, though. It has a pretty consistent energy throughout, and it has more tame and refined production which is less removed from other newer industrial acts that new listeners might be familiar with already. Plus, there are cameos by Wayne Static and Danny Carey, which not only work pretty well in the album, but also give listeners who already like Static-X or Tool more investment in what they're hearing already.

Don't get me wrong. I love pretty much all of Skinny Puppy's work. Last Rights is my favorite album by far. But I've had the most luck showing people TGWOTR than I have their other stuff. That one, people usually say that it sounds cool. With Last Rights, people are just kind of lost on what it is they're listening to. I've had people tell me to shut off Too Dark Park before because some of it was too grating for them.

The Process had Dwayne. And yes, I do agree it is one of their best. It is like the spiritual sequel to VIVIsectVI.

If they can't handle Skuppy at their best songs, they don't deserve to have their hand held.

Objectively

If they are into Skinny Puppy's best stuff right away, that's awesome. Some people are still exploring their own tastes and might not be ready for it, though, so easing is necessary for them. I mean, many avid music listeners started out listening to stuff that they can't even stand anymore because their tastes have changed so much

I love this album

If they can't handle Skuppy's best songs right away, I would rather prep them with other good industrial albums instead of their second best.

Skinny Puppy's best albums > Skinny Puppy's good albums > Other industrial artists' best albums

This literally say they are not industrial in early interview, they released this material to be taken as psychedelic acid sci-fi noise rock, heavily influenced by the Stooges

fucking educate yourself retard

read beyond the normies descriptions on wikipedia

I fucking hate ignorants like you that think that they know shit, when they don't have a fucking clue, go listen to your Animal Collective album and refrain from posting until you get a basic education

Better than Skuppy's post The Process.

Talk about someone who just needs to let go and fade away.

>But it's also definitively industrial,
no bitch faggot

rock is not industrial

TG is not rock
SPK is not rock

you infant

Well, I would not suggest Ministry's worst albums. Al really died doing three albums about Bush.

actually they are industrial dude

can you respond to without resorting to childish name calling?

I like Coil only because im edgy

What went wrong?

Your an imbecile

There is no such thing as industrial rock

It's either one or the other
TG and SPK existed before Chrome
early Chrome before Helios joined was psychedelic prog space rock

Listen to "The Visitation" their very first release
then listen to 2nd anual report
no relationship whasoever

Your flawed perception comes from commercial shit like NIN, which is basically industrial muzak for teen girls, that mix moronic basic rock to it, and the faggot leader acting like a fucking rock star

Chrome never wanted to be famous, they didn't dress up to be edgy, they had their own very small studio where they did their own shit by themselves, with almost nothing

>Your an imbecile

*You're an imbecile.

what's confusing is labeling the album "industrial" in the OP, an entirely different genre than the subgenre of industrial rock. OP should have said industrial rock, and this might have been a different discussion. I can fully appreciate the industrial rock label but I still think it's closer to noise rock on account of the integral use of feedback and dissonance and the undeniable rock basis behind the songwriting like the drum kit presence, which makes it definitely not plain industrial.

I prefer not to, since I'm addressing children

I'm out of the thread anyway

If people did basic research, an actually dug deeper than the surface, they wouldn't not be spouting non-sense anyhow

I'm not normally that argumentative about music genres, but this his history, and it's important because it influenced a fuckload of stuff, and Chrome never ever got the recognition that they deserved, never money, never had fame

I outta here

>but this his history

*but this is story

Wait, shit, I have been victim to auto correct too.

>TBM

In the trash it goes. Thats one of those filter bands I use to quickly categorize people.

Thanks for fixing those, English is not my first language

Yeah, but I meant to say history in the second. Sorry, my phone is awful.
I have no shame in taste. I listen to worse like Emilie Autumn (only Opheliac).

In the first set of bands, remove Chrome and replace it by Ramleh, you may have something there

Not so sure about Foetus either as Hunting Lodge (the band) was much more important at that time

There is plenty wrong with that pic. Left Spine Down for one.

Torn between throwing up this or his U-tek Das Mass Der Dinge single. Unlike Skuppy where we know why the shit went down hill what happened in this instance?

Stephen King sued them.

Rundown?

That you dev?

I am Kev.

Next they'll tell me Big Black ain't industrial.

Alien Soundtracks > HMLM I always felt.

Regarding Chrome:
worth the listen it's from early 80's
helioschrome.com/damoninterview1981.MP3

>There is no such thing as industrial rock

You got me. Someone was shitting on "drum kits" but dont tell Martin Atkins.

>the shop a block away has two copies of Red Exposure
>they look exactly the same
one is now 10.99, another is 15.99
>theyr'e the exact same got-damn re-issue

I might just have to press them on that one, that was attractive as fuark. Gimme that Red Exposure.

I really don't know much about Chrome apart from some youtube listens over the past year or two but I really like what I've heard (red exposure and a few other things). The re-issues being stocked by the local indie shop-chainlet are very encouraging, but just a bit too dear, hence the above.

>Wikipedia says thing
>believe this thing as a model for some larger construct and have it as a cemented gold standard
try not to be too strict with your doing of this

>Reels of crudely swelling Hendrix-concertina riding a mechanized weird-science Stoogebeat, firming into hairballs, plugging Sister Ray's gumwrapper into Geezer Butler's light socket, and bridging the Bering Strait between early-seventies Autobahn-garde and Public Image Ltd's first single, this works up a huge Edison bill that Chrome's pair of Frisco beatniks will probably never pay, and it'd be some kind of proto-Voivod revelation if not for the zombie frontman's unlistenably artificial (probably doctored) nasal whimper, which does its laughable worst to ape Iggy and Elvis. What makes the mouth "unlistenable" ain't any lack of imaginary "accessibility," mind you, but rather the way its cabaret-quotient inevitably depletes the feedback's disruptive power, renders it moot. The group's first album was a soundtrack for a live sex show, which somehow figures.

-Chuck Eddy, Stairway to Hell

More ultra unorthodox industrial

the Dutch import which I own, has 3 extra tracks taken from their OOP "Inworld" ep

maybe check them to see?
the tracks from "Inworld" are really good

good stuff. damon sounds pretty smacked out

cite your sources, scout

>Saving Imgur images

I still never get Sup Forums's preoccupation with Half Machine Lip Moves. It's ok but Chrome's later albums are so much better especially with the Stench brothers on Drums and Bass. Red Exposure, No Humans Allowed, 3rd From The Sun, Blood on the Moon and The Chronicles I & II.

>l'one classique album meme

i got the Chrome Box anthology which collects everything 1978-82 but omits select tracks. the post-HMLM stuff didn't make much of an impression but I should give it another listen.

Out of all NWW albums why Rock n Roll Station? It seems like Homotopy to Marie or Chance Meeting would be a better pick

is Cabaret Voltaire not considered industrial anymore?

Not since Ferris Bueller.

damn. 80s hollywood set designers were the most patrish of all