Don't you think the electoral college is bullshit?

Don't you think the electoral college is bullshit?

Retard spotted

Trump 2020

No. It's necessary to maintain a fair balance of power between states.

So what's a good reasoning for it? Sure, this time your candidate won, but next time it may be the other way around, and as this happens - woudn't you be pissed?

I find it hilarious that 99.999999% of U.S. citizens actually think we are a democracy though

But this "fair balance" aperrently isn't balanced for their respective population.
Take a look 500 years into the future and you've got even heavier differences in population density and you end up with some votes being several times as worthy than others for historic reasons.
Don't you think that sounds a whole lot like un-democratic tendencies?

I dont vote. Go fuck yourself.

Then go back to browsing traps if you don't have anything to contribute faggot.

How would you feel if Texas’s population was vast enough that it alone had enough people to select the president? What about if it was Georgia that decided? It’s how you balance things out and make things as fair as possible.

It’s one of the last bastions against totalitarianism, honestly.

I believe in the principles of democrathy with all my heart.
I'm going to accept whatever outcome happens after an election because that's democrathy.
If i actually really hate the outcome i could always go to another country, but right now i like my countries politics.

>So what's a good reasoning for it?
People like you asking questions like this with images like that one, OP. Any other dumb questions that I can use to reaffirm my belief that half of the population is below average and the electoral college is a good idea because it sets a universal benchmark of ability (the ability to comprehend why you have a job) for determining which votes actually have value?

The electoral college is useless because rural people shouldn't ever vote at all.

No because I don't think LA and NYC should decide every election.

Nor should sisterfucking hillbillies in the impoverished, insignificant backwaters of the South and Midwest

>city dwelling liberal hipster detected

He did contribute. You don’t have to do a thing to have an opinion on it - example - I would hate to be murdered, I’ve never been killed but pretty sure I wouldn’t enjoy it, even death by snu-snu.

>The electoral college is useless because black people shouldn't ever vote at all.

It's like bigotry against a group of people based off their geographical location.

And I thought leftists were more progressive.

You lost. Get over it

You have mighty low standards of what you consider contribution.

Superior European giving you a lesson:

I THINK IT IS AMERICAN...

...LIKE THAT FAKE DEMOCRACY WITH ONLY 2 PARTIES

BUT GUYS, HILLARY GOT MORE VOTES

Certain people matter less than others. This is an observable fact. The opinions of a small minority of rural people living in the desolate nowheres of America matter less than the opinions of the majority living in places that havent been abandoned by industry and government.

>literally 80% of her votes came from 5 counties

And over 90% of Trump votes came from unimportant shithole towns with less than 500 people in them.

Yeah, exactly Hillary got more votes. I don't care that what 3 low IQ people in the middle of nowhere think.

Yeah, the Electoral College has existed all this time and they still haven't produced anyone who is adequately qualified or competent to administer and oversee an election with any degree of merit.

No, democracy is for idiots.

Hah, like a school!

non-contribution, user. please leave thread.

There's plenty of countries with more authoritarian governments - feel free to go there.

This is why trump won. "If you're not like me then you shouldn't count"

Checked and keked

And yet each and every one of their votes is weighted heavier than yours. BTFO Metrocuck.

It is bullshit.

>totalitarianism
sure kid

empty space doesnt get a vote, nor is particularly fair that the vote of a person from nebraska technically matters more than a vote from someone in new york or L.A

its not like it makes the election more universally important either since it always comes down to 5-8 battleground states that the candidates focus on

there are arguments for and against the electoral colllege and its not a simple issue, if the republican candidate had ever won the popular vote but lost the election im sure trumps fans would be less in favor of it..

that has happened to the Democratic candidate in half of the elections of the last 20 years

It's not that they shouldn't count at all, they just shouldn't artificially count as more than votes from places that actually matter. One person, one vote.

Kill all furries.

You first, mob rule creates those dictators.
Democracy is just letting unqualified emotional idiots run your country.

If you have a problem with low education you may want to fix that instead of weakening your core principles of your country.

>votes from places that actually matter
>empty space doesnt get a vote
And here you go again.

Education is wasted on rural people.

If everyone was educated they wouldn't want a democracy.

So intelligent people don't care what happens to them or their country?

constitutional republic thankfully. and you're right by implying most americans don't understand that

And what is to stop them from seceding when their votes are relatively meaningless on the national stage?

You do know what caused the civil war right?

This is why I'm happy Trump won. It's absolutely delish seeing the true face of the supposed tolerant, accepting people and realizing they are just as ignorant and bigoted as those they deem below them.
Face up to the facts, wastes of skin, you lost. Shed your snowflake, grow some balls, understand how our Democratic-Rupublic-Oligarchy works, and, instead of feeding into it, learn to work with others and build a better one. You're so busy slinging shit that you don't bother to see you are covering yourself mostly in it and repulsing everyone from you.

Not all places matter equally. The countless rural towns that have been slowly dying since imported good became cheaper matter much less than bustling metropolis' that haven't been made economically irrelevant. The people who live in such places either need to adapt to the change or accept their impoverished lot in life.

What a fucking retard you are.

intelligent people would want the most intelligent making the decisions.

>You do know what caused the civil war right?
If you think the answer is anything but our divisions over slavery then you've fallen for the revisionist horseshit.

>Hi, I'm Joe Candidate, vote for me in 2020. If I win, I demand that everybody that doesn't live in a city with a population of 3+ million pays the taxes, and those in the metroplexes of the LA basin, NYC and Chicago and Miami are exempt from paying any taxes at all

Thatt's my platform in 2020. Do you think I'd win the election if it were strictly a popular vote?

Found the riff raff living in the insignificant backwater.

Yes, damn revisionism making slavery only an issue several years into the war when britain was going to enter on the side of the south. Just a grand coincidence that the proclamation came at that point amiright?

Look into what abe lincoln said about you niggers ffs.

Which is why scientific development is always done by single person because it's really bad and harmful for the progress if someone else gives input on the issue and discussions never yield any positive results, so scientists literally never work in teams.

No. Would be even better if state governments picked the electors. They should also go back to appointing senators. This would ensure more federalism and protection of the 10th amendment. Local control of local affairs is key. For example - let the west coast States worry about where ppl use the bathroom. The rest of us can ignore.

>Impoverished
A good portion of people who live in those areas make very good money.

Example: oil workers

I can't tell if you're actually this ignorant or a troll.

This post is a prime example of why education is wasted on rural people. They just keep believing the same dumb shit their rebel cunt ancestors told them. The North should have executed the defeated rebel soldiers in mass to save us from their stupidity.

Not even close to being correct.

Fun fact, saying someone is wrong without countering a single point is the same as admitting you're retarded.

Are these lyrics for that rapping fellow Little John?

I don't even know what to say.
Well i'm not responsible for this.
I don't care, believe what you wanna believe.

Take a look at the reasons the insurrection gave when they declared their treason and then tell me it wasn't about slavery.

that's the point. it's intended to prevent a tyrannical majority. In a democracy (which we are not) you can expect the majority to always vote for their own best interests, while ignoring (and in some cases) voting against the best interest of minorities. this results in minority oppression (real minorities, not the ones SJWs tell us are minorities)

also, countering someone else's points on the internet with the intent of proving yours or convincing them they're wrong is also proof that you're retarded.

Rural people living in some irrelevant half-dead mining town are not a minority.

Outside of texas and mississippi who mentioned it tangentientially in their secession declaration it wasn't even an issue.

welcome fellow retard

Did you know Barry is a full Professor at the University of Chicongo and has never even published a scholarly manuscript?
Fascinating eh?

I got a Trump voter fired at work last week. On his way out I suggested he get a job in a coal mine. Later I called him and told him that I set him up for failure because he's a Trump voter and told him to enjoy poverty.

And you, as and american would see the "tyranny of the majority" as something bad?
And why would changing the value of votes per district anything about this?

To me it just looks like a weird mechanism which is there for historic reasons and nothing else.

You're not fooling anyone welfare leech.

You sound like a really good person. Congrats.

anyone living in a major city smart enough would realize that would be unsustainable
so no, you probably wouldnt win. but then again donald trump is president so who knows

A political sanitization needs to happen. Everyone in office/power over 40 -right now- needs euthanized. Theyre all from bigone eras with ideals that are toxic to the longevity of the species, and the vast majoriy of them are corrupt anyways.

>Don't you think the electoral college is bullshit?

It functioned as designed. Otherwise the Jews on either coast have too much sway over the nation as a whole. Look at this map. Figure it out.

It is there to prevent domination from urban hives that import and breed voters that produce nothing on their own.

Don't know who that is and i really don't care.
Especially since you couldn't be bothered to explain how he is relevant to anything.

He's a Trump voter, it's not ethically wrong to put these "people" down.

And that's why trumps getting six more years. Keep on dehumanizing that 'ole basket of deplorables

If a retard knows, all is well.
If a retard doesn't know, all is well.

So you see it as an "agricultural multiplier"?
That farmers are entitled to more of a vote than others?

I live in a town of 180 people. We get over 800,000 tourists a year. Yeah, sounds irrelevant to me.

And it creates the domination of the desolate backwaters that haven't produced anything but angry, impoverished white trash ever since imported goods became cheaper.

People come to your town to enjoy the sights, they don't come to enjoy the "people."

As a regional multiplier more than an agricultural multiplier. Look at the county maps, What reason do they have not to secede if they have no say in national politics? It's the same reason we have the senate.

>I got a Trump voter fired at work last week
If I wanted to get a Democrat voted fired from work, I'd first have to spend countless hours trying to find one that DOES work. Once that's competed, I'd simply complain that my coffee wasn't made to my standards

Considering that LA county has more people than like 30+ states, no, I don't think its bad. Pure democracy is bad. The concerns and principles of a large block of people shouldn't override those of a smaller block of people thousands of miles away.

That being said, the Hillary shills like to scream about winning the popular... but she did not win the majority of votes. Nor did her husband. If the electoral collage system is not a "fair" way of determining the winner, a popular vote system where the winner doesn't even get a majority isn't either.

Practically speaking, if you could get them fired it's probably better for all involved. You should check back in with them in a month to see if they found a local coal mine or not. I hear black lung pays well.

How? Currently minority rules, and often does because of the electoral college. There are 235 million people eligible to vote in the U.S. Between NY, CA, TX, and FL (the states everyone is always saying would decide the presidency if electoral colleges weren't in place) there's 56 million registered voters. That's about one- fifth of the population of eligible voters. Incidentally, those states are about one-fifth of the land mass of the U.S. sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Democracy means some people aren't going to get their way. What difference does it make if most people in Idaho have to live under a president they didn't vote for when there are probably more people collectively living in NY that are in the opposite position now. The majority SHOULD rule. Right now the minority rules. Doesn't make any sense. The answer is not electoral colleges. The answer is removing the rule that you have to be a Dem or Rep to vote in the primaries, more people registering to vote, and more people actually voting

by definition, yes they are. and guess what? they may be black, latino, white, or asian; and it doesn't matter because they all have the same needs (which are vastly different from people living in cities). If you think that the electoral college is unfair, then you are probably in the majority. it similar to white people complaining about affirmative action; guess what? it's not designed to help you.

It's impossible to dehumanize them. They already rank too low to be considered people.

>domination
The only reason they were even relevant in this election was because the anointed queen didn't bother to campaign in half the states.

>People forgot about me already

But if 60-80% of the country's population lives in these urban coastal areas-- driving most of our economic and social development-- why the hell should we care more about Bo and his sister-wife in Bumblefuck County?

I'm not saying we shouldn't care, like maybe Bo wants bestiality law reform and that's an issue that should be heard, but I don't think we should weigh his vote MORE than the votes of millions of people who actually participate in the global world.

True democracy is 1 vote = 1 vote, that's it.

This is why it was a surprise to you dumb fucks that trump won. Smart ppl keep there mouth shut about politics at work. This trump supporter is an idiot because you found out he's one. Most of the ppl running their mouths about politics are progressives.

I have a peer at work who actually put a #resist bumper sticker on her laptop. She has no idea how low that brings her in the minds of management and others.

Point is - you're retarded for bringing politics into work and so is the drumpf supporter you got fired.

that's a very good point. especially considering that cities could not exist without those "inbred hicks" that produce all of our food.

'atta boy, keep fueling the trump train
MAGA