'Sup Sup Forums. I got myself in a sorta bad ordeal with steam keys and g2a. Long story short...

'Sup Sup Forums. I got myself in a sorta bad ordeal with steam keys and g2a. Long story short, I ended up buying a friend of mine a CD key for a game that he's wanted for a long time. Sent it to him, and it didn't work for some odd reason. Being the Asperger retard I am, I tried checking to see if the key was actually valid. Turns out, it was. I ended up accidentally redeeming the key for myself. It was only like a 7 dollar key but I still feel terrible. Any advice? Maybe even a richfag around?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083551618
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>filename
>LOGo

Grow up, that will never be a meme

Advice:
Buy another one for him sperg

Yeah, just buy another key if it's been just 7 dollars. If you are in a financial trouble right now just apologize to him and wait until you have the moneyz to get a new one. This time make sure that he's redeeming it properly, typing it in correctly, etc. etc. He might have copied it with an interval before the first letter (this happens to me a lot) or I dunno. That's it.

OP here

Thanks man. And yeah, my money is a little low right now. I practically scraped the coins together to buy it. He said it's cool and all and that I shouldn't worry about it, but still. I can't help but feel guilty. Thanks though, I'll try and watch out in future.

No problem, mate. You can also share your library with him. If you don't know how just look it up on youtube. He won't really have the game, but he'll play it legally and he will have all the perks of owning it - achievements, leaderboards and statistics + it will be shown on his profile wall if that's bothering him/you. :)

What was the game, though?

I never knew about that, actually. Thanks for the advice! I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that. You're awesome, mate! I'll library share with him until I can actually buy him the game.

It's Fran Bow. Not something I'd personally be into, but it's been on his wishlist for a good while now, and he was very enthusiastic about playing it.

Glad to help! I got scared, because I didn't suggest that in the first place and thought you wouldn't see it. Anyways, happy gaming!

Have a great day man! You really helped a bro out! :)

I thought there was a way to give away games you own?

Nevermind, that sucks.
Maybe you can refund it?

No chance of it. I bought the key from G2A, so no refunds. Since it's used on my account already, I can't refund it or gift it or anything. Thanks for the help though! :)

Samefag here. Tell me if the sharing worked out. I want to hear the happy ending!

This thread will die before then.

Didn't get a response with my friend yet, sadly. I'm still sure that it will 100% work though, and that he'll be able to experience the game in it's entirety! Just to make up for the bad move on my part, I'm going to give him full access of all of my other games. I'm sure this story will have a happy ending, so thanks for your support! Let's hope this doesn't happen again for either of us, eh, samefag? :)

I will give you a Steam key if you promise that you will never buy from G2A again.

This mightn't mean much to you dude since it's through text, but I make you a solemn promise that I won't even TOUCH G2A again. I give you my word dude. If you're really serious about giving me a Steam key, my Steam URL is:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083551618

Just add me as a friend on steam from that last reply please. You're doing a good thing dude, if you're serious about this, then I can't even begin to express my thanks! :D

Thread's probably gonna 404 soon rip.

OP here again

Just before this thread 404's, I just want to thank all the people here who helped me! I had no idea about linking steam libraries, so really this was a huge help! I probably won't end up getting the key from the kind user that offered it, but still, thank you! Ciao