Whats your craft Sup Forums

somewhat of a welder here, got this job with no experience and grabbed it by the horns, taught myself how to do very basic mig welding but enough for me to get more advanced work then I've done when I first started. no certs or credentials of any kind, just somebody who saw an opportunity and took it.

what's your craft niggers

I'm a professional musician studying medicine

i play with blood and piss and shit all day

Not my craft but my bro and I woodwork (my area) and blacksmith (his) together and make collaborations. Shits cash when we actually have time, would love to do it for a living eventually.

Wealth management currently
Former firearms instructor

Software development.

CNC Machinist and Programmer. Blue collar life is great. I usually pull 55k a year.

I'm a professional shortlisted

Before. I made a total of 5 cents a shitpost. I renegotiated my contract and now receive 5 cents for every (you) I receive

I'm a mechanical engineer in a fab shop. I design parts and systems then hand it off to my welders to weld out, then help put them together.

With the oilfield in the shitter we're doing a lot of piping work. Feels good man.

Being a porter must suck

I hope that pic rel is not of your own making, cause that utterly shit. Not certified either, but trained for 4 years as an apprentice

Cooking
I grill food
I like it

Polymer engineer

>utterly shit
Fabshopfag here. What's your issue? That's actually a pretty nice looking bead. Could be a bit deeper, but it probably has decent penetration.

Classical pianist. Fell for the university meme and spent 40,000$ to get a piano performance degree so I can teach talentless Jewish kids to fail at playing piano.

Electrical engineer overseeing avionics repairs here. I've never had a more engaging experience than when a technician and I spent several days troubleshooting one circuit board. I try to spend as much time in the shop as reasonably possible

Here bro, you're welcome
(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)

I have the most delicate craft here: I am a male nurse. There is no greater test of tender dexterity and bravery than wiping a stranger's ass.

Belaruse'd
Breaking those gender stereotypes, dawg. How's the pay?

Tailoring.
Baking.
Smithing

>that joint

just melt your face off already

Whose blood? Yours?

Either way that's pretty metal

Mechanical engineer by trade, I design machines, test them, and get them certified and into production, and also handle correcting issues with older designs. Also dabble in woodworking, brewing, shooting, hiking/running, and bushcrafting.

gunsmith. I need to learn tig welding before too long.

Im a pool boy. I fix all problems relating to custom in ground pools. During the winter I do remodeling work on the side by word of mouth or ads on craigslist. Made 100k last year between the two.

Pool shit is fun. Meet lots of rich people and plenty of hot girls laying outside.

Here's a story.

>have a work order for a heater not working
>pull up to the house, big fucking mansion
>walk around to the back and looking at the heater
>needs an ignitor, install the part, heater turns on
>heaters running and im waiting to make sure it doesnt shut down
>walk over to the spa and see a big guckin strap on dildo on the bench
>homeowner lady comes out 8/10
>"did you get the heater going?"
>"yes mam, just making sure it doesnt shut down before i leave"
>lady walks closer, sees big strap on in the spa
>she doesnt think i saw it, or hopes i didnt
>asks me to go check something at the equipment
>see her frantically trying to reach the dildo
>she cant reach it
>gets in the spa fully clothed
>grabs the dildo and hops out
>im walking back towards her and shes trying to hide it behind her back, soaking wet, acting like nothing is amiss
>she tells me to look and fucking points nowhere like back to the future scene
>tries to throw the fucking dildo in a bush but she misses and it just lands in plain view
>awkward stares
>"ok mam, youre good to go. thank you, call if you have any other problems"
>grab tools and walk away

Lapidary, blacksmithing, gold smithing, carpentry, brewing and distillation. It's amazing the things I get done when I don't play video games.

>ok mam, youre good to go.
kek

If you can get past the "you're a fucking faggot" from people who are clearly in higher socioeconomic brackets, like doctors, teachers, politicians, etc, then it's pretty good.

All jokes aside, I'm fairly /fit/, and the MD I work under is a female Indian who thinks I'm a progressive feminist, as do the rest of the nurses, which is part of the reason I got the job so easy and great pay, and am being promoted soon. I hardly ever see ass wiping unless we're totally overloaded.

I will say nigger ass is actually not as visually-revolting as white ass, mainly because it's hard to see where the shit starts and where the dark nigger asshole ends. I asked other nurses when I first started about this, and they said "yeah it's not a racial thing, it's just a reality that they are closer in color to poo."

I almost laughed and revealed I was Sup Forums, but I put on the concerned and disheartened Ben Stiller faggot nurse mode.

can jet fuel melt steel beams?

Fully certified MiG and stick welder here, certified for all positions unlimited thickness, ask me anything. Yes i mean AWS certified.

Gunsmith

>that joint
>just melt your face off already
Thank you, a 1000 times thank you. May your people never lack potatos anymore.

OP is the reason why crafting has such an unprofessional reputation

My craft? I work retail and play video games all day while smoking pot
Life's pretty good, for now.

>certified for all positions unlimited thickness
youre not talking about shaq's penis, are you?

I build computers.

Hey mate, fabricator here by trade. Just wanted to say your weld is puss, Uneven leg length, that return which has been spotted over. 6/10 go back and do it again.

How did you teach yourself? Doesn't anyone ask to see qualifications?

Yes i know it sounds gay and even i used to laugh at it, but if you go apply for most welding jobs and they know you're certified to weld in any position no matter the thickness of metal/alloy, then you will usually get the job given there aren't 1000 other applications, which in this field, rarely is.

HVAC I quit though.

Now civil servant.

Are you a straight guy?

Sculptor and fellow carver reporting in.

Damn i wish i was a welder in the US, There is no pipelines and such over here so i have to settle for some construction welding, It's fun and pays somewhat (thanks taxes).

Also OP learn TIG as fast as you can, Stick is also mandatory if you want to weld on site. But TIG is the best to learn

>apprentice as a welder for 4 years
>4 years
Welding is literally idiot work. It is but a small scope of real trades.

If a place doing welding doesn't ask for your certifications and work experience, then you do not want to be working with them i promise you. (Usually work experience does include time in shop/classroom training, many of employers accept that as time on any who.)

>tfw living dead nowhere where everyone is poor

Yep. I don't fuck around with nurses though, just because I'm slightly bitter how much of easy whores they become when an MD walks by trying to capture him with their vagina.

While it's true a man needs basic looks to be dateable/fuckable, the modern western woman doesn't give much of a fuck about opening her legs unless a man makes significantly more than her.

In reality, this translates to the nurses being a harem for doctors. I've seen a lot of these cultureless white slut nurses fuck Ahmed MD's from India and then gossip to their fellow nurses about how they think it's love, and then next month he's fucking the next nurse while the previous one is bitter and grimacing.

I just take my nice salary and do whatever I want with my life, ignore women, and fuck a whore every other week.

that wood tho
10/10

I bet I have certs you don't, fag.
I am certified to stick weld 20ga.

It literally takes 30 seconds and a single weld to get your cert.

If you're confident in your skill then you can just as well lie about having a cert unless you're trying for a union job. The work experience you gain can be used to get a better position and a cert as you progress. I started of doing electrical work by telling the temp agency I knew how and they taught me how they wanted things done anyways, then I started helping out the other construction workers so I learned how to install different kinds of flooring .

>Certs on MIG

Useless, If you want a cozy workshop job that pays well TIG is the way to go. Stick is good tho

I'm a master carpenter and also a learned mason.

>fuck a whore every other week.
lol doesn't sound to bad until..
>knock knock
>preggo
>STD

>Mig
Jesus Christ how horrifying. Structural welding is where it's at dude, go learn some Fluxcore.

Former heavy plant operator. Now studying for a mickey mouse degree in Zoology.

And I literally don't even care either.

You have to be an apprentice for ~2-3,5 years for almost every job in Germany aswell. In order to become a garbageman you have to finish a "Fachkraft für Kreislauf- und Abfallwirtschaft" apprenticeship.

>preggo
I use a fake name and fuck them in a ski mask. They don't mind since we do it at motels and I pay in advance w/ a tip. Besides, I use a condom.

How do I get this job?

You're literally retarded if you believe that, welding can lead to a fuck ton of different pathways or specializations in said trade, i've known welders who worked on gigantic wind turbines, nuclear power plants (that shit pays very high in many cases), working underwater contracts with the government, not to mention you can become an actual instructor and also make good money teaching in other parts of the world.

(They're many businesses in China hiring American welders/teachers, etc)

Lol i don't have limitations on the thickness i can weld, or what position i can weld in, that includes 6G position faggot. And 20 gauge is not thick at all..try welding something fucking 3+ inches deep where you barely have room to do motions with a fucking electrode.

This isn't cuckville bruh, they're a metric fuck ton of MIG aluminum jobs everywhere here, and they pay very good.

Literally every form of welding makes good money in the states/Canada.

My trade is mechanical engineering, I'm specialized in man-machine interfaces, trying to live the drea/m/.

I also dabble into cooking when I have inspiration, like to create and experiment with new recipes for my woman and friends.

>I use a fake name and fuck them in a ski mask.
nacho libre

Trained 4 years as a metalworker, thats not just 4 years of weldning

I don't know shit about welding and that looks like shit. Fuck is that how my code looks to programmers with formal education.

It's really fuckin easy m8

isn't there a way to make this look polished?
i mean, fuck, i dont know anything about welding but if i had that in , let's say, the window of my house, i'd say
>what a shitty job. that wall has to be built.

>Mig aluminum

Why use MIG when TIG exists?

>whats your craft
I work nights at walmart, I don't have a craft.

I make $21/hr though and get 6 weeks vacation a year, so it's alright.

Tensile strength of different wires.

It's just a shitty half done job.

It's still aluminum, You weld will be the strongest part of the metal even if you use TIG, Unless you are a shitty welder, your weld should never break.

I'm printing banners, billboards, posters, making badges, medals, etc.

I've made myself a fuckton of anime posters and other memorabilia shit and my weeaboo friends think that it's some super exclusive shit that worth fortune.

I make paint

Dank furshit

I'm a CNC programmer/operator but they don't pay me shit and won't give me a computer to MasterCam on. so I program by hand and in return I get to shitpost on Sup Forums most of the day.

Pay could be a lot better but I guess I don't want it bad enough.

>welding pool is too shallow
>sparking everywhere
>slag not chipped off
>using a zigzag pattern for a first weld

Your lack of education shows

>weeaboo friends think that it's some super exclusive
time for shekels
you have to sell those
weeaboos wouldn't mind the least bit if you rip them off for those.

>next month he's fucking the next nurse while the previous one is bitter and grimacing
mid to high kek

HVAC installer
Water/mold/fire restoration manager
Shredding on guitar
Journalism degree that has proven to be about as valuable as the paper it is printed on

Pretty nice looking ? you gotta be kidding, its not even straight..
But you're right, it probably has over the top penetration. looks like hes got an a5 weld on t=4mm plate

>Slag

That's oxidation, hes not welding with flux

No lol...TIG is only meant to weld up to a half inch..i don't know what the fuck they're teaching you in Sweden but here we make sure our shit doesn't break by using the proper tensile strength wire for the proper job, and no, certain wires are not made for certain jobs, you would not use the same wire you would use to say weld a 3/8 thick aluminum pipe for a motorcycle on a fucking inch thick aluminum boat for example...i understand what you're saying, that TIG is versatile, which it is, but it is not that versatile.

Large format printing press operator

Thanks for the explanation, it does look large for the material. I mostly deal with heavy structural welds on things 10mm and above, so they need not look clean if they have good penetration.
>Pretty nice looking
I have seen some welds that would make me vomit.

But seriously, guys.
>dude says he has no credentials, no experience, and is self-taught
>all these people shitting on him

Im a male stripper

what am I looking at?

Mean't they're different wires with different tensile strength made for different jobs, think you understand what i meant, worded it wrong.

I get a lot of patreon bucks for drawing """""art""""" for a bunch of degenerate fetishists.

I don't judge and draw pretty much anything you want but my drawings are also way too over priced. But the fuckers a thirsty kek

Noice. You should put small things in the paintings/drawings which mock them to an extent, just as a funny thing.

Jesus fuck you welders are annoying as shit.

I swear you can't put two of you fags in the same room without trying to one up each other with either your knowledge of welds or certification dick waving.

Fuck off. You're still working class scum.

>degenerate fetishists
you need to greentext the examples
while you're at it, I want you to draw the loch ness monster transforming to a beautiful fairy

Studio Session Drummer

$150 bux a song niggerz.

BIG

BLACK

hose and pipe.

It's the hydraulic piping for a plywood lathe. Basically when you buy a huge industrial machine you get all the pieces in boxes and they have to be assembled on site. Once they're done assembling, they hire me to come in and hook up all the giant pipes and hoses that go from a bunch of electrical motors and hydraulic pumps to the various components of the machines (hydraulic motors, cylinders, etc.).

It's a pretty fun job.

yeah ur right i thought it was mig for some reason

It's because they're endless ways to do welding wrong, and very few ways to do it the right way.

So when retards come on here talking about welding something your ass would be driving in (say a boat) with the wrong fucking shit, which puts you at risk, it bothers welders.

this is true, and i have no experience in heavy aluminum work since it's not something you come across over here so often so i was under the impression we talked about welding thin aluminum, And when its thin you should use TIG since its somewhat convenient

I am a professional Shitposter with my own office and pretty high pay. My manager calls my position Sr Systems Analyst, but I don't believe him.

Well somebody better teach him how to adjust his welder/rig whatever its called in english. Welding is not that hard.

But of course i have seen shittier ones. I went to school with one guy who just would believe that he had to turn on the CO2 supply. So he trained welds for a full week without gas.. but he was a drunk sent to the school to get off his ass

I was press brake operator for one summer. I didn´t have any training for that but I quickly learned do use it. Now I am graduating from university, I hope I don´t have to go back to that job lmao

I want to learn welding since nobody in the area is a good welder and there's a lot of requests for repatching/redoing seams.

My dream job is to be a park ranger though. Oregon is like 99% federal land, I'd always have work and an excuse to wander around the woods like a jackass.

Survey engineering, started a firm with my dad 5 years ago. We made 1.6mil net last year. Feels breddy gud.