twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably Captain Beefheart

This guy

david lynch

Kanye

The Butthole Surfers

German jazz band Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore
discogs.com/artist/68140-Bohren-Der-Club-Of-Gore

Overrated hack dabbling with experimental media,watering it down for mainstream consumption?

Probably Sonic Youth or Radiohead

Lynch

As pretentious as Moore is, their experimentals records weren't exactly mainstream, and their mainstream albums weren't experimental at all. They just survived because of the idea of them being "too cool" so, hacks is correct, but the rest not.

Radiohead is spot on, maybe The Velvet Underground or Talking Heads.

not radiohead. more like sonic youth. he started within the artworld making less straightforward works then sold out. like sonic youth. radiohead started super pop then got faux art pop later.

i'd pick radiohead
just because thom really doesn't seem to care about the "fans" opinion on where the sound of radiohead should go.
they could have easily remade okc/kid a and get nothing but praise over and over.

Only correct answer so far.

Mr Bungle

Mike Love. Both are crazy guys involved with Transcendental Meditation cult.

I keep hearing Alex Cameron getting compared to Lynch's characters

this

this desu

this t b h

Would still be Angelo Baldamenti

>implying lynch is any of that
i hate to say this but you just don't get it, no need to justify your lack of taste buddy

Either Popul Voh or Ligeti

The Nine Inch Nails

David Byrne

lynch hasnt made anything good since eraserhead
blue velvet is a shit hitchcock de palma-esque wannabe
mulholland drive is an awful b-movie lezfest
twin peaks is bad

its just bad cinema allround

david lunch lol

This guy, obviously.

So what are some movies that you find really good user?

Kek good contrarian taste my man.

>Twin Peaks is just bad
Thanks for confirming you weren't serious.

>didnt even like blue velvet

Perhaps the worst troll post I've ever seen in my life, congrats user you have successfully rustled my jimmies

I was't trolling or baiting you need to accept that people have different opinions

Scott Walker

There are still better and worse opinions. For instance, your opinions are shit.

>(You)

Mullholland Drive isn't a b mov....

Unironically Trent Reznor

Layers and extensive lore packaged in accessible grooves to lure in newcomers.

Acclaimed by normies, but normies keep yearning for him to do the same own thing

Instead does his own things and doesn't really give a shit about what others think.

He does what he enjoys and if you enjoy it you're welcome to go along for the journey.

Tom waits you idiots

Stravinsky

haha

Scott Walker

Blur.

Scott Walker

If THAT is what offended you the most with his post I doubt you got into Lynch before TP: The Return

Scott Walker

>twin peaks is bad
just image being this fucking pleb

terrible taste/10. inland empire is amazing bruh.

Kramer.

Pink Cigarette is the aesthetic of Mulholland Drive in a song

kys

Your opinion is worthless because you're a fucking moron. Go watch League of Their Own again.

Jesus Christ i get not liking Lynch but he is not as bad as Sonic Youth or radiohead

>david lynch
>accessible

Portishead

Very Similar vibe at least. Wouldn't say it is the musical equivalent though.

Spotted the liberal arts majors with awful taste in shallow "art" films

If you go to even a basic art institution you find hundreds if not thousands of less normie friendly filmmakers. Brakhage for example

I'm an intellectual atheist STEM major, cucks are afraid of my rick and morty Christopher Nolan Reddit screencaps. Capeshit is superior to cinema

Just because lowest common denominator normalfags don't watch his films does not mean Lynch's films are inaccessible.

Ironically those are the kinds of people who his films are made for

>inb4
But it literally is.

youtube.com/watch?v=NrCqtb5S8Ow

ITT

Roy Orbison, duh.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7TjebdFZKY

Radiohead

Lynch's work is for those of middling intelligence; just smart enough not to watch the average shallow, generic Hollywood blockbuster, but not smart enough to comprehend true surrealist art films.

Radiohead matches perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=jAjzN_8TSpw

Get a load of the butthurt of these nu-male cuckolds over someone not hailing their baby's first arthouse director as god
lmao