Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gLfEtF8Z3eQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yea

Yes, and He (praise upon Him) forgives you for asking such a question, and also for the sins you've committed: worshiping money and men's anuses.

Fuuuuuck. Why did I open this image? I'm so fucked.

>be me
>God
>the human eye
>bananas in hands
>?????
>Fags still don't believe

Yes, and Odin is his name.

hard not to (or at least something like it) after what I've been through, not christian god though at least.

Stop it.

No-one cares what you've been through. A simple 'yes' would have sufficed.

God made this dick.

I refuse.
I will not submit to your middle-eastern god. Odin is the true All-Father.

jesus christ was it like I posted anything in regards to that? How retarded are you, believing in god isn't a simple yes or no anymore.

Did God jump the shark with this one Sup Forums?

>after what I've been through
If that isn't a plea for attention I don't know what it.

I've studied freemasonry and some things of the occult nature, all I can tell you guys, is God is not of human comprehension, but whether or not you go in search of God your whole life or not, no matter what, you cannot alter truth, you cannot change what is and will be, life is a journey just live it

And your solution to the problem of seeing an unwanted plea for attention is...to give him unwanted attention?

Which one?
I believe that there may be a god or gods, but if there are, there has thus far been no conclusive evidence to suggest so.

>Which one?

such a stupid fucking question, just meaningless

damn you guys are quite sensitive

Well if one exists, then it stands to reason that another one may also exist.

>you cannot change what is and will be,

No, it's to let (((him))) know that way to engage in conversation is not to act vague and allude to the fact that you have a backstory. If someone has a story to tell, then tell it, don't act like you have hidden depths. It's simple.

ya let me spill my whole story on Sup Forums like I had some intention of doing that for your autistic reasonings. If you think having experience or alluding to it makes you inheriently deep your a complete brainlet.

i believe in chaos and everything being random, that we control our destiny, but man that is a tough question right here, does existence imply purpose, ive debated that for years, as i said up above, you just have to live life, you cant change truth, just yourself, and hopefully mankind

>You're sensitive for making fun of my blatant womanly attention-seeking.

No it isn't. It's quite profound if you think about it. The most religious man in the world is actually *almost* as atheist as I am. We agree on the nonexistence of 9,999 gods, there's only one we disagree about. That's a margin of only 0.01% between your beliefs and mine.

>If you think having experience or alluding to it makes you inheriently deep

That's the opposite of what I think. What I think is you should either tell the story if you think it's relevant or not mention its existence if it's not.

Hell no

Oh, fuck, that's one of the most overused internet Atheist memes of all time. You're implying that the difference between having no god, and having one god is basically the same thing. It changes everything profoundly.

I have a very profound experience that did however lead me to the hunt or search for this existence of a god, happened at age 15, and this is legitimate, and also lead me to freemasonry(eventually to become one)

After what I've seen, I think people like you should stop talking down to other people over insignificant shit. You're the one pooping all over the floor here, he made a single concise statement in direct response to OP's question and you started screaming like a toddler. If you knew what I know, you'd be nicer to strangers.

Why not

Yes, but not the way you think I do

I'm saying we both disbelieve in Ptah, Mork and Gork, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Magog, Haephestus, Amaterasu, Gilgamesh, Kali, etc, etc, etc. You have no problem seeing through their myths just as I do. You simply turn a blind eye to one single god that I do not exclude from scrutiny.
More to the point, it's not a matter of "having a god" vs "having no god" it's a matter of "having an imaginary friend" vs "having no imaginary friend". It only *seems* like a big deal from your side of the question because you think your imaginary friend is frightfully important. To me, though, it's no more important than any of the other delusions man has conjured up over the millenia to scare children into behaving.

yes i believe in God. The Christian one. i cant seem to understand why some people hate him. i assume they just never found him so they are bitter to what they never understood. Christianitys beliefs are good and what have helped sculpted the western world. i dont get why people dont respect it even if they dont believe in it. it does no harm physically

pronounced AY YAH AY YAH AY E E YAH I have found some form of god or existence, translated its like i am that i am, that was spoken into my mind in a vision, a near death experience at 15, and later researched it and led me to freemasonry and the occult, straight up honesty

It was far from concise. It had an allusion to further profound information, which was totally unnecessary in the absence of a follow-through. Again, you're missing the point. The point is, tell the story or don't. Just mentioning that a story, pertinent to the situation, exists is useless. (((He))) shouldn't need a prompt to tell his relevant story.

christian god personally at least isn't bad or something, just is too nonsensical to buy into. Doesn't really mean I don't believe in god though.

I totally get the numerical argument, and the cognitive dissonance of thinking every god but one is a myth. I'm not arguing that.

My point is that to say "our beliefs are almost the same" is nonsense. Having one god is the same as having any god(s), and both are profoundly different from having no god.

I'm an atheist, by the way. I just don't like tired memes being used as an argument. If I've heard Ricky Gervais say it on a talk show, it's not a particularly nuanced opinion.

give it a rest user there was no story you are trying to invent, calm the fuck down. After all I've experienced in life god seems more than likely, its that simple. Want to nit pick my cry baby story now? I was trying to avoid being overly verbose because I'm on Sup Forums and no one fucking cares.

>Bruno Mars

no

No, I fully understand your point. You're throwing a tantrum because he implied that something actually led him to his current belief but did not spoon-feed that explanation to you. You, for whatever reason, believe it is some personal slight against you for people to allude to something without explaining it. Frankly, the very fact that allusion is "allusion" and not "failing to explain" should prompt you to consider how asinine your argument here is. You are bemoaning the existence of a fundamental tool of literature and you somehow expect this behavior to make HIM look stupid and not just make YOURSELF look stupid. And that, quite frankly, is even more asinine than the fact that it bothers you to begin with.

kek

i respect your reasoning toward it. God doesnt want me to go out and kill non believers or even be rude to my neighbors no matter what they believe or practice. Just like most beliefs thay all seem like they are fabricated from the mind, something physically untangible. idk faith and the values in the Bible of the new testament sold me. Also being born into it ( thats probably why i am Chrsitian)
but even if i wasnt born into Christianity and was apart of , for example, extreme islam. I feel like i would be able to see that "holy shit! we are beheading people that dont agree with us!! this is crazy! this cant be a morally good thing" is a terrible belief and would fall apart from it. i look for flaws in Gods word but i agree with everything. yes people on Earth screw up and the churches are corupted. but that cant be helped be cause was are all imperfect. the Bible is just a good guidline on how to go through life. People that arent Christian believe in a ton of Christian morallities.

>If I've heard Ricky Gervais say it
I do not know who that is.
But you seriously do sound like "Dude, not believing in Santa Claus is totally different from not believing in the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Jack Skellington." to me. I don't know what you have against this Ricky guy or why you assume that anything he says cannot possibly be true, and quite frankly I don't care what you think about what he thinks.
Dismissing one "king of the gods" as pure myth is no different from dismissing any other "king of the gods" as pure myth. You are simply drawing an imagined dividing line between dismissing god #371,292 and dismissing any of the rest of them.

I think moral compass is the most important thing

>After all I've experienced
How is that not alluding to a story, or explanation? And if you knew no-one cared, why mention it? You're not making much sense.

On a discussion board, it's kind of important to go a little deeper into discussion points other than "something happened".

>asanine
Cool.

This has nothing to do with literature. I wouldn't begrudge the user his tools of suspense and allusion, but this isn't a novel. Why are you bringing up literature? Stop overthinking it.

>asinine (again)
Still cool, I guess.

agreed.

>it's kind of important to go a little deeper into discussion points other than "something happened".
Clearly you haven't been in the same threads I have.

>cognitive dissonance

bro we are on Sup Forums btw :)

Whether you know who he is or not is irrelevant to the point. If you would like to know, ask, or look him up. Stating ignorance is useless.

Again, you miss the point.
My point isn't "not believing in this god is different from not believing in another god".
My point is believing in only one god (any of them) is so profoundly different from not believing in all gods that it's a pointless comparison.
You act like having one god is almost the same as having no god, because both views have agreed to dismiss all gods with the only disagreement being on the one that the believer won't dismiss. Do you understand?
The person who chooses not to dismiss one has a profoundly different view on the world than the person who dismissed all of them. The fact that they agree on all gods but one makes literally no difference to their lives or the world.

Irrelevant.

Sorry, that was pretty asinine. I shouldn't be asinine. Have you heard this word? Asinine?

ah the stages of damage control

Explain.

It's whatever, my dude. We done?

I believe in the true god odin

youtube.com/watch?v=gLfEtF8Z3eQ

no

PRAISE ODIN!

Yeah. when I was a bit younger I got ill and I was pretty much in constant pain for a while, believing in god just made it easier to cope with everything that was going on.

Odin got sloppy-seconds on Frigg, who let him die because he was a cuck.

Which one?

They used to have a story to explain that. It got cut out in the canonization, though.
Apparently Noah's sons threw a clutch of dragon eggs overboard so their mother would dive into the flood to retrieve them and drown. These modern "worshippers" will get defensive if you bring it up, though. They also don't like being reminded that the bible contained several references to unicorns up until the 1970's when they replaced them with oxen.

No

OP didn't ask if you believe in a God. He asked, do you believe in 'God'. So, I'm assuming he means the one who is referred to as 'God' - so, Abrahamic. Simple stuff.

Odin was banging all manner of races anyway. Thor's mother is a hill giant.
Also dying for the Aesir isn't the same as dying for you or me. Remember that time Balder died? Literally the minute the funeral was over, Frigg turned to Odin and Thor and asked "Okay, which one of you is going to Hel to bring him back?"

Yes.

Do you believe in Dog?

You mean YHVH? God isn't his name, they're just spooky superstitious about saying his actual name for some silly reason. Personally I find the fact that this superstition caused them to actually lose track of how it's supposed to be pronounced to be pretty funny.

The OT starts out as polytheistic, just like every other tribal faith in the region dominated by the canaanite religion.

Read it again in this context and it starts to make a lot more sense.

It wasn't until the cult of YHWH that poly was replaced with mono.

>Remember that time Balder died?
Surprisingly, I don't user.

All fascinating stuff. Still a cuck who got sloppy seconds and got rekt in battle (which his wife could have prevented but she didn't because he was a beta by this point).

Reddit spacing. No thank you.

You're Reddit spacing, faggot.

I never said it was his name. I said "the one who is referred to as 'God'".
Interesting facts, nonetheless, user. Thanks for sharing.

Of course I do.

More than I believe in Jesus, I'll tell you that for free.
I'd take a german shepherd over a hebrew shepherd ANY day. Actual historical fact, we've had dogs longer than we've had any of the gods we know of today. Even the very oldest cave paintings ever found had dogs in them. Long before writing, maybe even before spoken language. The only friends we *might* have had longer than dogs are fire (1.4 million years) and knives (2.5 million years).

I am doing it, or I am being it?
Either way, no thank you.

Both, faggot. Either way, no thank you.

He wasn't a cuck, the Aesir just didn't give a shit about marital fidelity. Actual point of fact, it was Frigg who was raising children that weren't hers. The only son Odin raised that he didn't father was Loki whom he knew to be adopted (and wasn't Frigg's son either) so no, he wasn't a cuckold at all.

Wow. Never thought of it like that before. Thanks, user. Now I believe in dogs. I was skeptical before you brought up the cave paintings.

>Equating the concept of a God to some kind of myth/joke
You literally have no fucking clue what God even is and yet you're yammering about it like a retard.

What would you think if I told you aliens don't exist and couldn't possibly exist because we can't verify their existence, and then equated the believing in aliens to being a gibbering retard that believes you once got anally raped by one?

You, understanding how vast the universe is, would probably say that it's almost mathematically certain that life exists in some form out there in the galaxy, and not just on earth just because of how vast the universe is, and you would probably believe me to be a total fool for never stopping to ponder that. Yet your own form of retardation is directly analogues to that.

God isn't some bearded faggot in the sky using magic to prod at us like you retardedly think. He's a higher consciousness that exists as a matter of fact because of the of the naturally ordered state of the cosmos, the superordinate principle to the universe.

Can we prove that he exists? No, but it makes perfect sense to believe so, and it's the height of arrogance to believe otherwise because to think so implies that humans, a young 3rd dimensional race on some rock, is the pinnacle of intelligence and there's no higher form of being. It's NOT equivalent to a fucking spaghetti monster, you're literally just too ignorant and full of your own shit to understand.

>Odin wasn't a cuckold
Top fucking kek. How the fuck do you get to a point in your life when you're unironically writing that sentence? I think someone's having a giggle with you, mate.

Okay.

Good point.

Double return.

Leddit.

Because of things like not allowing condoms.
And the witchcraft trials. And the Spanish Inquisition. And the many cancers people have. And his shitty job at running the lives of humans.

You don't even see how limited your view is.

God is a "he". Kek, ya, whatever is behind the curtain just happens to have a biological tool not necessary for most of the life we know of in the universe.

Ya sure.

The great Doggo in the sky!

>Remember that time Balder died?
>Surprisingly, I don't user.
I'll give you the short version.
There was a prophecy that Balder would be the first Aesir to die, and that his death would herald the beginning of Ragnarok (no, this isn't in the new movie). So Frigg goes around the entire world making every plant and animal promise not to kill Balder (makes sense, right?). But she overlooked mistletoe because it grew in holly trees. The holly tree promised, but she never asked the mistletoe so it was the one thing that could still be used to kill Balder. Loki notices this. Meanwhile the Aesir are so happy that they've outsmarted a prophecy that they decide to throw a party and amuse themselves by winging random shit at Balder's head because they know that nothing will hurt him (did I mention they drink a LOT?). Loki makes a spear tipped with mistletoe and tricks old blind Hoder (there's a funny story behind that) into throwing this spear and Balder dies.

No. If I did, all I would do is spend my time blaming god for my crippling depression. I choose not to believe in god because it would be too easyto put the responsibility of my self hate on to god and never address them. This way I never address them, but without the false hope that someone or some divine being gives a shit about my pointless fucking existence.

yes I do believe in God, unicorn, space flying spaghetti, magical girls
problem?

"He" is just the fucking default pronoun for all things that are anthropomorphised but of indeterminate gender.

This is why people hate atheists. You're ideas are fucking dumb and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, and yet you sniff your own shit as if it's clever.

how can god be mirror if atheists aren't our eyes

checkmate buddhists

But the bible clearly states that he made Adam in his own image and then made Eve out of spare parts. God is decidedly male in the Old Testament, fuck off with your new wave genderless abstract bullshit.

>anthropomorphised

That's kind of my point. When you say "he" instead of "it" or "them" you're not describing "God", you're describing the filter of your own limitations.

None of what you said tells us about God. It tells us about you.

>You're when it should have been your
>Calls atheists dumb

Because mirrors reverse left and right but not up and down.
I would have thought that was obvious.