AOTY incoming

AOTY incoming

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DFEHhOvtU5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is that an album cover? i follow opn and he posted that image too

vaporwave rnb

you see... its time for the mainstream to appropriate undeground music. you will see this more to come. it already started with asap bari playing dean blunt at a vlone fashion show and asap rocky collaborating with dean blunt and lil yachty collaborating with dean blunt trust me in 6 months you will see more of 'Tis.

collab?

Probably a music video tease

the fuck? it's real

WTF ITS REAL

>. it already started with asap bari playing dean blunt at a vlone fashion show
SOURCE?

well deans work has always been about a relationship to pop culture and social capital.

its the same thing as warhol collabing with audrey hepburn or dolly parton.

>you see... its time for the mainstream to appropriate undeground music
This has happened to every genre that has ever become popular since the 1930s why are you acting like this is a new phenomenon? Shit it's not even exclusive to music, any successful product goes through the same process.

Ok what? Is that The Weekend?

Yeah, opn confirmed it on reddit

Lol Im not saying its new just saying its about to start again. I worded my shit wrongly. Asap mob have been leeching spaceghostpurrps ideas up until now. FUCK ASAP. Derivative fag hypebeast music
youtube.com/watch?v=DFEHhOvtU5Q

What I meant was more specific to the current underground and mainstream artists not as a cultural phenomenon in itself

I was just thinking that looks like an open cover before going to the thread.

holy shit. rocky rapping over deans beats
damn
good fine.

Holy shit. Is it a weekend single or an OPN single though? If its a weekend single then the weekend might be able to turn into male Bjork. Just replace arca with the superior musician opn.

FUCKING HAPPENING

not him but i'd imagine for maximum exposure. it would be from the weeknd

Yup but i feel like the asap camp or maybe even the whole urban fashion type scene in general is starting to look back in time for inspiration. One instance that comes to mind is carti wearing a shirt which was inspired by an awful records shirt which was inspired by some 80s punk band shirt. And the whole punk rock image that's going on in current rap, more distressed and fucked up type clothing.. Idk I cant come up with specific examples its just something Ive noticed and the vibe I get from seeing pictures of current rappers or big icons

it will probably be shit like the ag cook collab, iggy pop collab or dj earl collab

only person he should be collabing with again is mark mcguire lmao they brought out the best in eachother

I feel like it's gonna be the same as kanye or pharrell working with daft punk, or kanye working with arca. I don't remember how much of an effect it had on their popularity desu lol
Idk it just feels like the whole scene is very derivative of earlier times and 2010s "internet" rap like raider klan etc. 2011-2012 is like the 90s compared to 2017 desu

Isn't it funny Kanye was doing this style years ago with the Yeezus merchandise and clothing line...

>I feel like it's gonna be the same as kanye or pharrell working with daft punk, or kanye working with arca.
yeah im not expecting some nxt lvl shit. but i think its cool that some of the weeknd fans get exposed to opn. a few thousand like him that'll be great.

i swear i saw this image on some spotify playlist before, months ago

Yeah but two of those people are shit musicians and Iggy Pop and OPN should've never came near each other, they're too different. Not to mention that song was made for a movie soundtrack, and OPN obviously put no work into that production. On this song, opn can gain something out of it.

Why does OPN fucking suck so much?

Yeah but wayne did the rockstar thing before kanye. I don't think kanye started this whole thing, just a natural progression of rap or possible spaceghostpurrp influence, like taking the all black image to the next lvl with influence from punk rock image

>to
dj earl and ag cook are better than weeknd....

Artsy Tumblr pic

If there's one artist he should actually do an album with, it's Trent Reznor. NIN was clearly a big influence on Garden of Delete, and I would love to see if OPN could bring back the inimitable sound that Pretty Hate Machine had.

what do you mean by "tumblr pic"?

bump

>dj earl
>shit

kys

Interested...