Okay, what in Grimes' name is this terrible genre ranking? Since when was RHCP ever "pop rock"...

Okay, what in Grimes' name is this terrible genre ranking? Since when was RHCP ever "pop rock"? Just because they're widely known over the world? There's a huge difference between alternative rock that managed to get popular and into the mainstream and pop melodies made with rock instrumentation.

And by the way (intended pun), here's objective genre rankings for each RHCP album:

>S/T - Alt Rock, Funk Rock, Indie Rock

>Freaky Styley - Alt Rock, Funk (P-Funk)

>The Uplift Mofo Party Plan - Alt. Rock, Funk Rock, Funk Metal, Psychedelic Rock

>Mother's Milk - Alt. Rock, Funk Metal, Indie Rock, Heavy Metal (secondary)

>BSSM - Alt. Rock, Funk Rock, Rap Rock, Art Rock (Breaking the Girl, Under the Bridge, Sir Psycho Sexy, I Could Have Lied)

>One Hot Minute - Alt. Rock, Alt. Metal, Funk Metal, Art Rock, Neo-Psychedelia

>Californication - Alt. Rock, Funk Rock, Art Rock (Other side, Road Trippin, Porcelain, Emit Remmus), Noise Rock (mainly because of the album's subpar remastering, especially in Parallel Universe)

>By the Way - Alt. Rock, Art Rock, Post-Punk (most of the songs here resemble The Cure mixed with Fugazi), Funk Rock, Neo-Psychedelia

>Stadium Arcadium - Hard Rock, Alt. Rock, Funk Rock

>I'm With You - okay, maybe there could be an argument here for Pop Rock, but Alt. Rock is by far more precise.

>The Getaway - Definitely Indie Rock with Funk, Alternative Rock fits more secondary.

But in summation, classifying RHCP as Pop Rock is unwarranted, and ridiculously lazy. At least filter out your Pleb-tier genre ideology before rating genres on RYM.

who cares

You cared enough to post.

in what world is their new album indie rock? it's on warner bros.

RHCP fucking suck lmao

Danger Mouse really brought that Indie sound to the album; it's reminiscent of Tame Impala and Black Keys mixed with their traditional Funk meets Alt. Rock sound.

And plus, Indie Rock doesn't necessarily mean rock on an independent label anymore. It's more rock through weirder, less mainstream tropes. Although some Indie bands have gone into the mainstream while still being considered Indie Rock.

this です

>incognito mode
>not knowing what pop music is

This
is the most idiotic statement I've heard in my life.

that's an awful definition
"rock through weirder, less mainstream tropes"
so does that make all "weird rock" indie? is captain beefheart indie now?

it's a shitty term anyway, it only really is relevent to the original 80s/90s american indie scene

No, that's Experimental/Avant-garde music, but what I meant was a deeper, more original version of Alt. Rock, that delves into esoteric tropes and emotions.

>grimesfag is also a rhcp fan
how can one person have such terrible taste?

I actually don't like Grimes that much, I just used her for a lack of a better word.

Tide makes great orange juice

T-this is bait r-right?

>You have to like Grimes in order to acknowledge she's our Goddess
GetALoadOfThisGuy.gif

holy cringe

Either use a better word or actually tell me if I'm wrong and why.

>grimesfag
>cares about genres
>uses rym
KYS

RHP are shit. Happy?

I like how nobody is actually proving OP wrong.

>caring about a title someone else puts on them

literally why

no need to shit on Red House Painters user

Bump
Because why not?

Oh, and also, RHCP is the greatest band of the 90s and one of the greatest bands of all time.