Are they overrated, or no?

Are they overrated, or no?

only john, george, and ringo are overrated

Its literally impossible for them not to be overrated due to how highly they're rated

*not too overrated
Wow my bad OP

*didn't die in '66
Man I don't know what's going on today

Probably the most overrated music act of all time.

I don't think so. Such an incredible evolution they went through too.

Fucking kek
Ultimately this

When they became popular they were revolutionary and forced America to acknowledge musical styles from different countries.

As of the band themselves all of their albums are solid but not the best of the best, and how they change throughout the ages is pretty good and refreshing compared to so many bands that have the same exact style through their run.

Every good act is overrated by some. But The Beatles were brilliant, there's no denying.

>ringo
>overrated

OP here, I'm in agreement. I listened to them exhaustively when I was younger and naturally grew bored and moved on. Now I'm 30 and just started re listening to their entire catalogue. With more mature ears I'm hearing and interpreting the music more clearly than I could back then. Given the time and context all of their work was released, I actually don't think they can be overrated. The craftmanship and innovation of the albums and songwriting along with recording techniques was truly world changing. It's all about context, IMO.

Ha. Beatles. What A Joke. Bad Music. Dislike Them.

Well, they are widely rated as the greatest band of all time. So in that sense, no they are not overrated. They are correctly rated.

They're good but there's a good handful of bands with better composition and emotional impact, even nowadays.

>Overrated?
Yes
>good band?
They are decent.

Well they are unanimously considered the best by all plebs so yes I would say they are a little bit over fuckin rated.

They're properly rated. They did stuff no other band was doing for their time, so they deserve the credit they get.

They were brilliant in the same way someone who designs an advertisement that convinces millions of people to buy something is brilliant. They were great at selling shit but their music was very shallow compared to many others and their whole vibe drips with inauthenticity.

No, they were brilliant the way someone designs the product itself, not the advertisement. Even if that product is just Coca Cola or Pepsi, they created a successful formula no one else thought of.

Any specific bands?

Most people think they are but seeing as they are my favorite artist ever bar none I think they are properly rated by being called the greatest band ever on many occasions.

If you don't value chorus-centric music then Beatles are not going to be impressive. Other contemporary acts did more experimental things at the time but the Beatles were great at writing choruses. Most pop music draws heavily from them.

What's some authentic bands that were contemporaries?

>t. only know their greatest hits
Try listening to Tomorrow Never Knows

The Beatles are GOAT, and can NEVER be overrated!