Should women be allowed to coach professional men's teams?

Should women be allowed to coach professional men's teams?

No

sure, why not?

>asking this question on a Mongolian lithograph website

Why? OP's pic was a decent assistant. I guarantee you she knows more about basketball than 99% of people here.

Should women be allowed to tease me by wearing provocative clothing while denying me my biological RIGHT?

If they can do a good job I don't see why not

Women lack natural leadership ability. They will never make good coaches.

Sports are result driven. If she's good, hire her. If she sucks, fire her

>Women lack natural leadership ability. They will never make good coaches.

Yes. And they should be given a whip to keep insubordinate players in line.

>implying he's wrong

she'll end up sleeping with the players

Of course they should be "allowed" to. There shouldn't be a rule against it, just like there shouldn't be a rule preventing a pro-basketballer being obese. It hardly gives them some sort of advantage.

The real question is whether they should be hired or not. While I think there are women out there with the technical and tactical ability to coach those teams, the social reality of a men's professional sports environment means they would struggle. It would also be an unwelcome media circus for the team in question.

i'm pretty sure they alredy are here

>Ireland making an intelligent point

I thought your race was only capable of fisticuffs and drunkenness.

>tfw Irish-American

>Canadian

if she sleeps with all of them there won't be any jealousy, might even improve the team.

exactly what i was going to say
/thread

Allowed? Sure. Women are already allowed to play on men's sports teams.

Kermits asshole
e
r
m
i
t
s

a
s
s
h
o
l
e

What kind of coaching?

if you are a shit team with a small fanbase it could be a great business move

think of all the liberal bandwagoners buying merch

She could coach my dick

only one way to find out and thats to allow it to happen if they suck they will be fired end of. sport management is brutal they dont care about anything other than good results

Let's say I'm user, the owner of Team X. I'm thinking of hiring Femanon, but I can't be sure how my players will treat a woman as head coach. If she gets a couple of jokes directed at her by some of the staff or squad, or even comments online, and decides to speak publicly about it, you're going to have writers from Buzzfeed and HuffPo watching your every move.
>Is user doing enough to protect Femanon
>Why doesn't user care about the comments online from his fans?
>5 reasons why user is everything wrong with male sports
>etc.

And then what happens if the media becomes a distraction, or even if the players aren't listening to her, through no fault of her own. Do you fire her? Now you're the owner that brought in a woman, let fans abuse her online and then fired her when she was struggling with all of that. Even if she understands completely and leaves on amicable terms, the journos will smell blood. There'll be a 30 for 30 about how much of a misogynistic rape enabler you are within 6 months. The brand of your team will be permanently damaged.

hmm, you make a good point

but I don't think calls of you being a misogynist would stick, by virtue of you being the first to hire a woman coach. You could easily spin it as being the fault of the rest of the "toxic masculine sport/media culture" you were trying to go against.
the big risk is if she doesn't work and you fire her, you lose all the new bandwagon fans and are in a worse place than you started

If they're competent, yes

They are already allowed, what kind of question is that?

Do women apply to be coaches on men's professional teams?

should they be allowed?
yes
should they?
no, seriously none of them are good enough

They are.

>I guarantee you she knows more about basketball than 99% of people here.

This is your argument? Come on now. Might as well reward her for existing.

Is they are competent to do so, yes.

Question is: are they that competent since they always go into seclusion and never try to coach male teams?

Corinne Diacre is coaching Clermont Foot 63, the club from the city of Clermont Ferrand, currently in Ligue 2
No one really cares.

>I guarantee you she knows more about basketball than 99% of people here.
Way to set the bar low.

Of course why not
in argentina there is a barra brava directed by a woman

/thread, but unfortunately it's hard for most people (myself included) to have this kind of response because it's never "women should be allowed to coach" it's "we NEED female NBA coaches RIGHT NOW, the fact that none exist are very problematic and indicative of systematic oppression and mysogony... it's unacceptable and we MUST make every effort to hire one ASAP" which will always get a pushback cause it's a stupid and unreasonable position

Ofcourse they should be allowed
Any team who picks one is fucking retarded tho

Sure the problem is with the players tough. They kicked david blatt out because he never played in the nba and thus the players didn't respect him.
I doubt they would respect a female no matter how much she knows