HAWAII TO REQUIRE ALL GUN OWNERS TO REGISTER IN A FEDERAL DATABASE

bigstory.ap.org/article/057945d6be7a4fb89d68bbf7d8b48bd8/hawaii-could-be-first-put-gun-owners-federal-database

>Hawaii could become the first state in the United States to enter gun owners into an FBI database that will automatically notify police if an island resident is arrested anywhere else in the country

Welcome to 1984 folks. Constitutional rights do not matter anymore. Privacy rights do not matter anymore.

Reminder the registration that been used for confiscation multiple times in countries like the UK, Canada and Australia.

Too bad I lost all mine in a boating accident

It's simply the American government in action.

You can write any dumb legislation you want to look good for your voters. Then it will get dismantled by the courts who don't have to be popular. Same thing happens with the fag and tranny legislation.

lel rip gun rights. Gun rights died with scalia and trump will not win.

How is it federal if its just hawaii

Has the federal government set up the framework for more states to decide to throw away their rights

Just like a garbage can to collect rights away from states is that what the federal government has done?

Because the Island is surrounds by Intrastate highway, anything inside that is under Federal Govt. Control.

The constitution is supposed to be supreme over state laws.

This will start a trend. More and more states will eventually require all gun owners to be put into a database.

>n-nobody will require you to register you guns, nobody will confiscate them you are just being paranoid!

Except that it is literally illegal, there's a law in the US specifically forbidding federal registration of firearms.

Outside of NFA items.

So that's a good way to enjoy massive lawsuit damages and a big fat NRA/2AF win.

Good fucking work, Hawaii, you're almost as retarded as Chiraq.

yeah well keep complaining about it and see where it gets you. there are too many pussies in this country to actually solve the problem in the only way it can be solved.

friendly reminder that the right to defend yourself from criminal activity is only half of the reason your allowed to bear arms.

By golly gee; I'm a victim of the same scenario.

Civil war when?

fpbp

I see what you did there

>Hawaii
>USA

This is the future of gun rights in America. As the white population continues to decline and is set to become a minority in 28 years time, the democrat voterbase keeps growing and growing. With the election of Hillary and the presdents that follow her, as well as more liberal judges in the SCOTUS, we will see a fucktton of more gun control in the near-future and laws like this. The Republican party will have to compromise and moderate its stances including on guns to attract votes from non-whites.

Welcome to the future, gents. Enjoy your guns while you can and pray you'll pass away before our laws become Australian-tier.

Lel get fucked gunfags. Uk style laws soon

I FOR 1 AM PROUD OF HAWAII.
KEEP MOVING AMERICA FORWARD!!!

>Uk style laws soon

Pure coincidence

In Kentuckys constitution it clearly states that they do not have to obey any federal law.

Genuine question: how does a federal database of gun owners infringe on gun rights?

It would seem to me that this is simply another instance of the state intervening in private life which is pretty normal by now.

In the current situation it would seem to me that such a database would help gun activists in their struggle with gun crime: a fbi database would help weed out the criminal element from the good citizens who love guns.

>federal government has to ask 300+ million people if they own guns
>if they say yes their guns will be regist-i mean put in a government data base
>if they say no its like they dont even have guns
>everybody will say no or they lost them in a tragic boating accident

tl;dr shall not be infringed motherfucker

isn't this new hawaian legislation a way of keeping guns in white hands and away from non-whites?

kek

Whats stopping lawmakers from deciding one day citizens shouldnt have guns, now they have a nice and tidy list of everyone who does. That's the problem

Kentucky's Constitution doesn't mean shit when it conflicts with the United States Constitution and acts of Congress not in violation of the United States Constitution

gun registration=gun confiscation=infringing
on gun rights=unconstitutional

plus theres no legitimate need for a gun registration anyway since the entity the gun was purchased from knows who the last legal owner is/was

Do you have a social security number?

Do you have a driver's license?

Is your car/license plate registered?

Do you have a title/deed on your house in public record?

Granted, most of you children probably have very few of these things minus a SSN because you still suckle on mommy's teats like a bitch, but the point is that there is nothing special about this. If you don't like it, move to one of your "conservative utopias" like Mississippi or Kentucky, and you can have all of your freedumbs along with a sub-50% HS grad rate, hilariously high divorce/infant mortality/StD prevalence, and 3rd world tier-life expectancy to boot.

God why are you so racist against minorities?

Are you such a heartless bastard that you feel it's OK to make fun of all the hispanics and blacks that die at a young age and bring the average down?

What a racist asshole.

None of those are constitutional rights you dumbshit libtard troglydyte. Car registration only applies towards operating vehicles on public roads.

Let me tell you a story about firearm registration...

As you all know Australia has gun laws. Despite what you might think, most reasonable people are comfortable with denying virgin psychos access to semi-automatic rifles with large clips. There is a flipside to registration, though. Cops in Australia have long been suspected of tipping off criminals about which homes contain certain goods (as the police freely engrave serial numbers of electronic goods for people etc) including registered firearms which are highly sought after by criminals. Overwhelmingly, these firearms are stored inside a safe which the homeowner cannot access quickly in case of an emergency. Laws also protect criminals in break-and-enter cases, so gun owners shooting burglars is extremely rare.

Never put your name on a list, ever.

and gun rights only apply to well-regulated militias.

but conservacucks never let pesky facts get in their way.

oh wow 5 extra years of shitting in my pants and talking about how the country is going to shit relative to years past, might as well vote for the commies now!!!

>well-regulated militias
Isnt anybody within the ages of 18 to 49 in the militia?

So if I make one of those 80% ARs would I have to register it

>and gun rights only apply to well-regulated militias.

SCOTUS literally says you're wront

>Isnt anybody within the ages of 18 to 49 in the militia?
brits are actually this fucking retarded.

>hurr militia sounds like military so they r same right durr?

your anglo country deserves to burn

>North superiority complex: the Post

Damn racist yanks, i tell ya.

>there's a law in the US specifically forbidding federal registration of firearms

This is not a firearm registry. This is a national database of people who have been fingerprinted.

>The reserve militia[3] are part of the unorganized militia defined by the Militia Act of 1903 as consisting of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who is not a member of the National Guard or Naval Militia.

Dont know if this was ever repealed but its what wikipedia says.

Dont get your knickers in a twist.

>Average life expectancy per states

You do realize that those 10 states have some of the fattest people in the entire nation right? Obesity people tend to die younger than the average non-obese person. So how will "obamacare" actually help increase their life expectancy? Please explain because this meme is fucking retarded cherry picking data.

DO NOT REGISTER YOUR FIREARMS!

>and gun rights only apply to well-regulated militias.
where does it say this in the 2nd amendment? The second amendment give people the right to have a civilian militia if they choose to form one, and separately gives people the right to individually own firearms

I'm confused on where you are getting these ideas from that only militias can have firearms.

I dare Sup Forums to find a single instance where gun registration was not used for confiscation

Too bad I lost my gun in my house somewhere , you're more than welcome to look , but you'll need a warrant for that.

Huehuehue

as a registered gun owner, im constantly getting background checked to make sure I haven't committed any offenses.

whats wrong with keeping the mentally unstable out of guns? dont give fuel to the libtards

I too lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident.

It wont pass, its Illegal to create any registration database because of the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986

>"The Act also forbade the U.S. Government agency from keeping a registry directly linking non-National Firearms Act firearms to their owners"
>"Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 926 (law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926)"

Gun grabbers, as always, BTFO

>Militia Act of 1903
That is not referring to civilian, regulated militias. That Act was to organize and create the National Guard.

There is no requirement or notion that every man 18-45 is part of a militia in the United States, it is a choice that everyone can willing make to participate in a regulated militia or not.

The draft is different but that is for the Military, not the militia.

Theres nothing wrong with keeping them away from the mentally unstable.

BUT

If someone's mentally unstable enough to not be able to own guns, they also shouldn't be allowed to vote, drive cars, have access to other dangerous objects like knives, and in general shouldn't be among us.

>Believes that criminals actually register and buy guns new
>what is a black market

Because registries have been used for mass confiscations in multiple countries, idiot.

Is that really the Hawaiian flag?

We have a national firearm database in France, and next month it will be a common database for all EU countries. Doesn't prevent politicians such as Cazneuve from pointing out legal gun onwers as the problem whenever there are terrorist attacks or gun crime, and removing always more of our gun rights.
The real goal of a firearm database is for the police to know where to look when they get the order to confiscate all legal guns. Such a thing is legally allowed in France during a state of emergency.

yes

at least you guys are safe from terrorists and bad people because of all the government restriction and power!!!

oh wait...

To bad it's illegal and will not stand in the courts

Tell that to the Marijuana and Sanctuary cities.

Militia is Militia, as is referred to in the Constitution several times.
>To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

>To provide and maintain a Navy;

>To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

>To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

>To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Army, Navy and Militia are separated purposely to leave states with the power of militia. The 1903 act states what defines militia, and Heller v. District of Columbia established that firearms are, in fact, a right of citizens.

Well that begs the question: who, as stated by the 2nd Amendment, is allowed the right to bear arms? Citizens in the form of a militia. Thus, since citizens are allowed to bear arms, citizens are also allowed to form militias.

Interestingly enough, this also may imply that any such formed militia has to obey orders from the President, or at the very least some structure of state, if they were to wish to remain "legal".

They'll just keep chipping away at the edifice of self-protection slowly. Politicians don't want to wake up everyone by taking all guns at once.

Unfortunately for leftists in america, every step they try to take results in a kneejerk reaction in the opposite direction. Smith and wesson's stock has exploded since obama tried passing legislation, all he's done is increase the amount of firearms and drive down costs over time(the initial surge caused prices of some weapons to double). The leftists are actually losing ground in america because they woke people up with their insane rhetoric, people started noticing how closely politicians mimicked 1984 and communist leaders of the past. Obama saying there was no difference between communism and capitalism didn't help his arguments either.

It also didn't help that he said Americans have nothing to fear about gun legislation.

Like a giant red flag covered in shit.

>Theres nothing wrong with keeping them away from the mentally unstable.

Yes there is. Sane people murder all the time and no one makes a fuss but when a group who is often a target of violence more then a perpetrator of it suddenly its a problem. Its just a step towards confiscation with mandatory psychological testing.

You post on a racist new zealand wool weaving website which means you are mentally unstable. We'll just be taking your rights now, thank you very much.

fuck you, leftist scum. You're not an American.

They should register all boats in a federal database, that way these horrible boating accidents would not occur.

So this is a bill that was or has yet to be introduced, or it has yet to be passed?

The article says nothing about the state legislature passing it, but it does say the state attorney general is reviewing it so the governor can decide whether to sign it.

No bill numbers or titles are provided. God I fucking hate how inept journalism has become in this country.

NEVER REGISTER
NEVER REGISTER
NEVER REGISTER

God, I hope any HI bros here will refuse to register their guns.

Too bad it is already illegal.

Firearm Owners Protection Act

You can't create a federal database of of gunowners, excepting NFA owners.

This. Also reminder that only 4% of New Yorkers voluntarily complied with NY SAFE Act.

>NFA Owners
The end run around that is that isn't the owner that is registered, it's the weapon. i.e. They can't just search your name and see all your NFA items, but they can search an NFA serial and see it's attached to you.

Of course all of that is probably horseshit or whatever, but it is what an ATF agent explained to us at a meet n greet at a LGS

>not sharing your cake with that qt
Don't be so greedy burgers, its not like you lack calories in your diet.

Does whale meat actually taste good?

Hawaii can create it's own statewide firearms database, but it can't require it's citizens to register in a non-existent federal database.

Pretty good yeah.
But it's sadly increasingly difficult to find in eastern Norway. Years since I saw it in a store.

>it does

I thought so, I had seal meat in Montreal a few years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit. A friend that tried whale in japan described as tasting like a band aid or scab or something.

>A friend that tried whale in japan described as tasting like a band aid or scab or something.
Weird, more like beef in my experience.
I'll blame it on Japanese coooking, the kind of whale or lunar radiation affecting your friend's memory.

I lost my boat in a boating accident too.
damn

"Losing your firearms is now a federal crime, think of the innocent children who might find those lost firearms and hurt themselves."

I used to live where there were a lot of lost boats, but what the fug do I do now?

I guess all the "navigable waterways" are owned by the UN, so now I'll just dump them in there for jurisdictional purposes.

This is happening at the same time as like a dozen new states adopting constitutional carry laws. We are still winning by a landslide. Fuck Hawaii and the meth-addled, lazy coconut-niggers that live there.

CITIZEN YOU DID NOT REPORT YOUR FIREARMS LOST AT THE TIME OF BOATING ACCIDENT

PREPARE TO BE PROTECTED AND SERVED

I also lost all of my guns in a boating accident

There is a federal registry but thy can't require you use it

Hawaii is going to require you use it to get a permit

Perfect example!! When was the last time those countries had a mass massacre?

Unless the people want it.
Yes all the people, not just the people living in deserts and swamps

I do not understand this meme

There was no gun grabbing done in Canada, but it's still a good idea to always be opposed to registries

What about the grab when RCMP seized firearms from flood damaged homes in BC and wouldn't return them? Was that ever resolved?

No idea