Why did no one tell marilyn Manson made a good album?

Why did no one tell marilyn Manson made a good album?

This shit is pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WH08K70Duzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's got two good albums. Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals. That's it.

No, this is good so far

HUD will be even better, if I were you I would pre-order it right away

get help

stop following me around.

Portrait of an american family, antichrist superstar, mechanical animals and holy wood are all pretty good too

blatant example of the manson fanbase circlejerking even his shittiest music

blatant example of someone being out of their element.

Lol, keep pretending that emdm,heol, and bv don’t suck.
Good luck trying to persuade yourself that the production on wkwyfl is anything other than shit

He made a good album some twenty years ago. I told all my friends about it then.

Portrait of an American Family is decent, too

I don't know his music, but his interview with Nardwuar is one of the best. Cool guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=WH08K70Duzs

yawn trentfags

;)

you should listen to it, look out for the new record out on October 6.

You can't be serious... Portrait of an American Family sucks.

Hahaha.

Lmao when Nardwuar just rips open his shirt
"What do you think of this?"

Loved poker face

where in my messages did i mention trent? i don't need to be a trentfag to know that manson sucks

I know this is from a shitposting user, but the new single made me really not excited for the album.
Marilyn's vocals are at its absolute worst in it.
Meanwhile in The Pale Emperor he is actually working with it, his screams in "Killing Strangers" seemed realy emotive, added real nice punch the scream where Brian screams; "Love..Love..LOVEEEEEEE"
Seems much more effective than his poor attempt at being agressive "WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LYYFE"

>I hope the child protection services don't come across those pictures of me dressed as a woman and high on coke

what are they gonna do, seize half a dozen eurasian ticking time bombs?

in two generations, the Reznor boys will be actual pygmies

the only hope is the bleaching of Nova Lux

.... and i'm going to jail for saying that.

b-b-but trent produced it! And he's the only reason why Antichrist Superstar is good, so that must mean Portrait is good too!!!!

holy shit he actually named his daughter after a washing powder brand?
how appropriate.

Portrait is his best album, you god damned heathen.

Everything after Holywood is a dumpster fire.

Even Golden Age of Grotesque?

GAOG kills itself halfway through

Portrait is good. But's really more of a NIN album.

Really? I always thought portrait was his most unique, and antichrist was him most like NiN.

Portrait of an American Family, Holywood, and Pale Emperor are all on the same level.

t. shithead who doesn't get what makes Manson good and only bandwagons ACSS because of his deep totally """no-homo""" love for Trent who had a hand in producing it

kek, trentfags don't know shit. All of the material on Portrait was conceived, written, and performed years before Trent caught whiff of Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids. All the samples and themes were their ideas.

Unofficial album rankings
1. Mechanical Animals
2. Holy Wood
3. Antichrist - Superstar
4. The Pale Emperor
5. Portrait of an American Family
6. The High End of Low
7. The Golden Age of Grotesque
8. Eat Me Drink Me
9. Born Villain

>rating high end of low higher than gaog
fuck off depression fag

>ranking Eat Me Drink Me under High End of Low
otherwise pretty good

Not sure what I was thinking there actually
Eh THEOL is more consistently enjoyable I find but that's just me

OBJECTIVE album rankings
1 Antichrist Superstar
2 Portrait of an American Family
3 Mechanical Animals
4 Holy Wood
5 The Pale Emperor
6 The Golden Age of Grotesque
7 Eat Me Drink Me
8 Born Villain
9 The High End of Low

I'm expecting heaven upside down to be his fifth or sixth best album from what I've heard.

From the user who made the other list here, good taste

The only thing Trent added to Portrait was a cleaner, harder sound.

The original demo of Portrait is on youtube, it's almost exactly like the finished product but slightly more lo-fi.

Trent barely did anything on Portrait. It's an objective, easily verifiable fact.

Now Antichrist is a different story, but even without his involvement, the rock opera tone was already there, the songs were roughly the same composition-wise, Manson's vocal performance was already near-perfect and they concept was already fleshed out. Trent gave it a distinctive sound and all sorts of arrangements, but you'll notice that it sounds a lot more bombastic, twisted and less clinical than TDS.

So really "X is more of a NiN album" is always a wrong thing to say about MM albums.

To add what this user says, the demo tapes for Portrait and Antichrist are pretty good

Rackets & Drapes is a fun early Manson tribute band, and the funniest thing is that they're christian

I am concerned how much he's starting to look like the fat guy from Blood on the Dancefloor

they're great. Brian's early vocals and Daisy Berkowitz's riffs carry the first two albums just fine on their own, that's why the songs sound amazing live too.

where can i get the portrait demos?

nice reddit/discord meme

Pale Emperor is a fucking fantastic album, really caught me off guard when I first heard it. It's almost as good as his first 4 albums.

The smokey/bluesy feel and the fact that the music was written around and accounts for the fact that his vocal ability is seriously waning in his old age made the album killer.

Unfortunately the first single from HUD did not do much to inspire hope in me for it, but I'm still cautiously optimistic.

bootleggers
or just listen to the fucking thing on youtube

it's not fantastic, there's not enough tempo shifts, it always stays in the same tempo and that makes it kinda hard to listen through in one go. Kinda lacks the wild dynamic shifts of his early material.

obviously i can listen to it on youtube. i don't need someone to tell me that.
i'd prefer to have it downloaded though

nice

If Manson continued to solely release studio albums I'd honestly be happy. That being said, when he performs live it's almost like he's parodying himself, and his music videos try so hard to be "shocking" that they end up being cringey and tasteless. Take the video for "We Know Where You Fucking Live", for example. The edge is so sharp I almost cut myself.

WKWYFL has got to be some form of parody, purposely terrible, it's just ridiculous that video

That video is fucking awful. What went through his mind when he made that?

>le cringies

absynth and peanut butter

Whats in the video? I can't find it anywhere, only audio.

go to his twitter

Apparently not available in my country.
Thanks though, will have to wait on yt upload.

I muted it and fapped to the scene where the bondage nuns are molesting the familiy. Came to the bit where the girl sits on the dude's face

for real though that song was awful

The part in the first chorus when he points a gun at the camera looks alright. He should become a mafia leader.

Yeah it was, hope HUD is better

>Yes, everyone seems to be asleep
Nice. Just so you know, I got it ;) ;) ;)

One thing is common (according to this thread) Marilyn Manson albums cannot be good without contribution of others.

I saw MM as a mainstream appeal shock rock act, that serves as the poster child for edgy rebellious american teens

Which is exactly what he is/was specially with columbine and the censorship debates, he always played with hollywood, the american dreams and values but also patriotism and Christianity all vain attempts, but it actually makes sense he's just as obnoxious and vapid as the america he criticizes.

He's the mainstream counter-culture so to speak, he's hard to tolerate but that's the point he's the blown up american facade turned upside down.

Still i can't tolerate his "fanbase" or his appeal, his many talk show appearances and sometimes painfull pseudo-deep rants are annoying, still he does have interesting stuff to saw and he's intelligible enough, especially in contrast to the people protesting him back in the day, that's why he's likeable.

I went from avoiding and dismaying him to kind of tolerating him, his artist name also makes allot of sense with what he portrayals and stands for, he's is just a product that was bound to be created back in the day, a mainstream public speaker to react to the vain bullshit and a voice to te angsty teens that felt it.

I'm kind of annoyed with his fans and allot of his albums are rubber toy halloween-esque tier, i think allot of the more hardened music listeners that fall in his category don't appreciate him and i understand why, especially compared to skinnyp, so he's in stuck in the middle.

-

Killing strangers, deep six, seven day binge are decent, especially killing strangers

I really like mechanical animals tho

The fanbase definitely ruins it.
Most of them listen to nothing other than manson, it’s fucking irritating. The fanbase consists of faggoths and edgelords who think people give a shit about their political views.

You do realize it's the very types of people Manson fishes for. Be it intentionally or not, the content he makes are fit for those types.

Marilyn Manson is a band, you know. A BAND. of course it's a group effort.

Then the fat talentless asscrack shouldn't have removed """""AND THE SPOOKY KIDS""""" and stop showing his ugly face on every cover of album he's made since Portrait of an American Family

This pretty much. And he shouldn’t have fired everyone from the band.

everything you're saying about his fanbase is only true in the late 90s and 2000s.

Diehard or very late Manson fans are way less vapid than those who just wanted a goth daddy and moved on when he got old. They're also not very tolerant with his subpar 2000s output.

As a Manson fan I'm not sure what you're going on about, been a fan only for about a year now and I listen to a ton of other music from other genres and artists, like a normal person
I think you have a point here

The concept of the Spooky Kids didn't really fit with Antichrist Superstar.
ACSS (and the tryptich in general) was more about the Marilyn Manson character so it was better to leave the spooky kids out.

From then on he coasted on the success of his name though.

Marilyn Manson is a band, and as such the frontman isn't supposed to take all the credit, but since the main concept behind the band is "role models are fucking dumb" it makes perfect sense to push the frontman in everyone's face.

true

I spent a lot of time in manson groups online and i can tell you from experience that what i said is very true. That fucking reddit page especially.

>Marilyn Manson is a band
I am very aware it's a band, but saying having ideas = talent is fucked. He has an (sometimes) interesting point of view, he sells his trademark 'Shock Rocker' way too lazy now. Everything after Mechanical Animals (Golden Age arguably) have been forgettable. He doesn't make an impression, perhaps in his interviews, perhaps when he expresses his views, but musically, he's lost it.

The "rubber toy halloween" quality of his albums was originally very intentional. The Spooky Kids' whoe shtick was to parody children's entertainment and to liken all of American culture to cartoonish bullshit.

Then the Triptych is more serious but there's still the grotesque glam rock parody aspect that pokes fun at the fakeness of stardom.

Then the Golden Age of Grotesque is a jab at all the mallgoth kids who took all of his shit at face value so it's supposed to sound dumb, fake, cheap and trashy (cause that's what the fans want, right?).

And the rest is just him fucking around.

He was a fucking amazing singer whose vocal performances were absolutely perfect to express his ideas.

Up until EMDM he was irreplaceable, he was the perfect frontman for that band.

Now he's just whatever.

Can we all agree that he should quit though?

He should have quit a long time ago
he wanted to quit after Holy Wood.
At this point I think he should get his shit together and git gud again, if only as a form of apology for bullshit like THEOL.

Cause like it's okay to leave after something a bit underwhelming but genuine, like, no hard feelings and everything, but he's been dicking around for 15 years and it's become kind of offensive to see him wallow in mediocrity.

>23.8k views
>2 LIKES
HOLY KEK

Perhaps. If Marilyn Manson wants to share anything with others creatively, he will do it. It just doesn't hit as it used to. He is entertaining, but other than that you get the sense he is trying to maintain an image. It's like the digital zoom Sup Forums can't stand, it takes you out. Perhaps if he tried a different approach, he could be talented again.

He’s not going to release anything good again lmao. If he was smart he would have quit after the pale emperor was released.

I don't get what looks Cuban about him.