youtube.com/watch?v=UC-CoZ5Ottk
yeah

Sup Forums's catalog was FLOODED with this and Yeezus back in 2013

good times

>ambient
Not with that great drumming

fiestabizarra.bandcamp.com/album/sadness-sorrow-imathgination

peruvian screamo/math rock/post-harcore

I know it sounds generic but they are worth a try. Nice use of synth and basslines are killer.

>drummer
>black metal
If you dont see the problem then yuo are a nu-male

NO. There's more to screamo than just screaming. There's none of screamo's post-hardcore dynamics in Deafheaven. There's also nothing ambient about it. You're totally off base.

It's a legitimate black metal album. The only variance I'd that there are bright, soaring chords, which are frankly totally inappropriate for the style. But I'm not a fan. The vocals are screamed, but they're screamed in a pseudo-bm shriek. It does seem like Alcest had a big influence, but Deafheaven is actually much more straightforwardly black metal than Alcest. See their follow up, which I find much more enjoyable, even though it's less praiseworthy because it's much less unique - it gets rid of the inappropriately sunny tone.

So, black metal ?

youtube.com/watch?v=_4bB5-uUeCw >>>

>It's a legitimate black metal album
Stopped reading there

Because you're illiterate.

xD

>>

o.O

Reminder that there is nothing wrong with Sunbather, you just don't like the fan base or the members of deafheaven

What's it with the numales and the "it's not the band that sucks it's the fanbase" delusions? It's the same shit with mac hackmarco fans.

Not true AT ALL. I like the members in interviews, and I like some of their contemporaries. You're so insecure that you have to insult the critics, so I'm sure some part of you recognizes its weaknesses, or you're insecure in your own tastes.

>good times
Fuck no it was insufferable

>great drumming

black metal can have good drumming, just check out Hellhammer on DMDS for an example, his drumming is great and adds to the ominous atmosphere the album is known for, but I agree with your point that drumming isn't the highlight of black metal.

>it's a legitimately bad black metal album for people who dislike it, but want to say they don't

Ftfy

deafheaven > burzum

burzum > deafheaven

im confused by the choice "mac hackmarco" when you could say hack demarco
i assume this was totally intentional so you could see who caught on?

>>great drumming
implying it's not
>drumming isn't the highlight of black metal
you forgot to say that bm has no riffs

*garbage that is not metal
ftfy

listen to more black metal

>bm has no riffs
wrong.

you are hopeless

HAHaha ...NO
sound more to what it is:
shegaze + wraspy singing

and you're wrong.

Black metal drumming is easy peasy, blast beats require virtually no skill to do. It's nowhere near actual rock drumming.

I disliked Sunbather more because it felt like a sub par post-rock album, the elements of black metal and shoegaze were ancillary to me. It's bad and predictable post-rock with a black metal veneer.

Nice b8, but its shoegaze/post rock with black metal influence. Hate on the album, but that doesnt make it screamo

It's LITERALLY Envy with blast beats