Why is Tennis the only sport where people give a shit about the woman side of it?

Why is Tennis the only sport where people give a shit about the woman side of it?

What makes it different to every other sport?

>inb4 ronda rousey that shit is NOT a sport

It's the only sport run side by side with the men. If it wasn't nobody would give a shit. In fact nobody really does anyway

>what is handball

hockey
handball
volleyball (even more prominent than men's)
biathlon
cycling
track

list goes on and on...

Because Billie-Jean King beat that guy that one time and tennis is kind of half a sport anyway so female and male tennis players are about on par in terms of people's respect.

>If it wasn't nobody would give a shit
Are you telling me if there was a female World Cup during the World Cup everyone would watch it as well?

because they wear skimpy dresses

fat asses and big titties

people don't, there's just a big marketing push to make it seem so. Just compare audiences. I haven't seen a women's tennis mach since Steffi Graf retired

That's just you though.

p.s. For males there are only 2 tennis players in the top 10.

These, and also, it's a 1v1 sport that is skill based but also looks like an art form and is sympathetic to the female's strengths.

Same reason people give a shit about women's pro-wrestling now that they started taking it seriously.

Male track gets more recognition than woman,and no one gives a shit about volleyball except perverts and casuals who just watch for the Olympics.
Everything else on that list is shit tier,and should even be considered sports

People care more about wimmin's gymnastics and ice skating than they do the mens

Because an American is the best at it. Just like in the 1990s when people gave a shit about ice skating because the US was actually good at it.

Equal pay...for most part at least.

People watch tennis?

This.

The women's tournament at the slams is treated virtually the same as the men's besides their final being a day earlier than the men's.

Sometimes the tv coverage will even prioritize women's early round matches to show because there's a bigger chance of an upset. Not to mention if you're a fan of the game, it's a lot easier to appreciate the women's side, because it's closer to how layman would be able to play. Djokovic and Murray are inhuman athletes whose fitness and stamina almost overshadows their fundamentals at the highest level.

somewhat

Seems low for wimbly but I guess a lot of countries only care when their players are in the finals. Not to mention we haven't had many great finals there in the last few years.

I blame Boreovic

Women get paid the same as Men in prize money so I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove

It's a sport for posh cunts

I don't enjoy womens or doubles Tennis. There are a lot of craps mens games too, but at least they have one totally incredible play a game.

Why are there no top female players for table games like Snooker? There's no reason I can think of for a sex divide there.

>more people watching Euros than Champions League
Do people really come out to watch international football? It's no ducking wonder they don't like it.

I'd girl hockey that popular? I didn't even know it existed until that muh equal pay shit from last month.

>Why are there no top female players for table games like Snooker? There's no reason I can think of for a sex divide there.

They lack the spatial awareness of men. They also have to have separate leagues for men and women in chess. Also, pub games like snooker probably don't attract many female players in the first place

Darts is similar.

Although you see shit like this a lot more often in women's darts.

And I forgot the .webm. Well done me.

And you believe this is just an arbitrary decision out of nowhere? WTA is by far the most viewed women's sport.

>woman side of it
>posts a man

Women's cycling is not close to men's unless you mean track which the overwhelming majority of people only care about once every four years.

Can someone explain this webm to me? I don't know anything about darts.

The highest scoring area on a darts board is a triple 20, so it's what pros generally aim for (and get quite often). But the 20 area is right next to the 1 area, and the woman managed to fuck up all 3 darts and get 3 1s, which is obviously the lowest you can get.

a lot more than watch the womens world cup now, yes

way more people watch the mens wimbly wombly final than the womens, but that gap would be even bigger if the womens tournament happened at a different date.

Do you get minus points since it went from 360 to 357?
She seemed happy after the result, though.

20-30 years ago tennis wasn't as physical. That was the golden era of women's tennis. That generation pushed for equal pay because they were, technique-wise, as good as men. People came to watch women's tennis because it was still competitive and fun to watch.
The new generation of women's tennis players have zero technique and play a bastardised version of the physical men's game. The only reason it's relevant right now is because it was so great in the past. Serena Willian's is dominant right now because she can blast the other women off the court but when someone comes along who can actually play good defensive tennis or someone who doesn't let her come ji side the baseline she's fucked because she doesn't have a plan B.
It's a shame what women's tennis has become.

people care about women's tennis? I mean I watch it sometimes for the qts but the standard is embarassingly below the men's game

Yep, in darts you count down from a fixed score to 0.
She wasn't happy, just laughing at herself being shit in humiliation.

The only reason people give a shit about the women is to use them for marketing purposes.

Also, the fact that tennis is a wealthy persons/upper class sport helps further propel marketability tremendously.

Hell, it's not even really a matter of being a sport where people give a shit about the women, people only care about Serena and her sister, Venus, to a smaller extent because they were raised and grew up poor, so it makes a better story.

They can actually play competently during slam finals to an extent

The rules are the same for men and women, excluding match length

If you watch women's soccer, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, golf, whatever-the-fuck you want, they either aren't capable of doing everything men can or the rules are butchered and make the spectating experience garbage

In tennis, at least, you can see consistent serves, albeit with less power, some decent rallies, and some momentum swinging. it's still way inferior to mens' tennis tho