Black Sabbath is the best band ever prove me wrong

Black Sabbath is the best band ever prove me wrong.
Pro Tip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

thequietus.com/articles/23095-van-halen-the-band-the-velvet-underground-could-only-dream-of-being
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

These guys exist

/thread

t. "I'm not like the other dadrockers"

I agree

Black Sabbath, a highly influential band, further deteriorated the degree of skills required for playing hard-rock, but their distorted and booming riffs, their monster grooves, their martial rhythms, their monotonous singing and their horror themes, that evoked the vision of a futuristic medieval universe, laid the foundations for black metal and doom-metal. Melody and any instrumental prowess were negligible components of their most typical works, Paranoid (1971) and Master Of Reality (1971). They were not the inventors of gothic music, but they were the first to turn it into a genre.

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Autism

The most influential band of all time but they are shit.

if it was the early/mid 70s i might agree but they fell apart my dude

(you)

Twisted Sister has one good album.. you actually think their the BEST?

Its the true, crybaby

Pure shitposting

Not liking the Beatles is the most Contrarian thing you can do

Liking the Beatles is contrarian on this board because they're such boring entry level trite. How do you honestly listen to the Beatles? Their songs lose their value after just a couple listens, and after hearing them played to death everywhere for decades now, they are well beyond annoying.
I seriously don't get how someone can unironically sit down and think
>I'm gonna play an ENTIRE Beatles album to my ears today in one sitting
Possibly the worst way to waste a half hour of your life.

It's weird how the Beatles are the only "Influential" band in the mainstream
Throbbing gristle were a massive influence on industrial, synth pop, electronic music in general
King Crimson all but invented the concept of progressive rock
Sugar Hill Gang invented hop hop
Etc and etc
But all these artists are rarely discussed and covered the way the Beatles are
Yes I am aware these bands are discussed in large, but there's no Joy Division station on the radio, there aren't people devoting their entire careers to Chuck Berry and Link Wray and Jello Roll Morton and there's just no influential band that gets even close to the same attention as the Beatles
Just my 0.02, feel free to reply with whatever you want

>Possibly the worst way to waste a half hour of your life.
hey, this isn't a Beach Boys thread

>kek, OP thinks a shit derivative version of the cream is the best band ever.

The cream invented black sabbath.

Who cares who came first? What's more important is who did it better, and Sabbath easily beats Cream.

Now that's an example of a band that did Sunshine pop right. Their songs actually hold up after the first listen and have many layers of depth to be discovered with subsequent listens. Their albums are crafted as one cohesive thought, so there's actually a reason to listen to the whole thing. The only Beatles album that you could say you need to listen to an entire album for is Sgt. Peppers. Once you've heard a couple Beatles songs, you've heard them all.

>muh cream invented sabbath
So?

Prove it user.

>Pro tip: youre a shill

Cream are more loved influential technically better and with better pop tunes than sabbath ever were.

Cream fucking sucks
Clapton sucks
Go jerk off to your shitty blues dadrock somewhere else

And who the fuck are you. Sabbath is far worse dadrock.

Sabbath cant even play ginger baker jack bruce and eric shillton were all GOATs in their fields.

> better pop tunes
Sabbath isn't a pop band lmao. Black Sabbath set the foundation for metal and hard rock, what has Cream done again?

Ginger is the only good musician in this band.

If gingerr is the only good one sabbath have none. No cream invented hardrock jewfag. Cream were far more versatile and sorry but black sabbath is a pop band. Paranoid is a pop tune.

You are so stupid that you cannot even quote me correctely. What a joke.

> Paranoid is a pop tune
Are you drunk? Paranoid is blues/prog rock straight up

I tell you to end your life
I wish I could but it's too late

Its their lead single its a pop tune and did well. It was marketed.

Black Sabbath never had a charting single with Ozzy prior to 13.

>it was marketed
Oh, thanks, captain obvious

Youre just a stupid ass. Listen to cream live. Crossroads, sunshine for your love, toad, rollin and tumblin, born under a bad sign, spoonful, outside woman blues. Cream invented hard rock along with the who and invented all the early 70s metal.

Still designed to be pop.

>invented all the early 70s metal
No, Led zeppelin did this.

Great, meaty riffs. Definitely a contender.
Tried to hard to be sophisticated like classical music and failed at getting even close to that while completely watering down what makes rock music good. Influential, but mainly just to the shitty aspects of pop music.
Not enough heaviness and riffing; not even close.
Cream has Clapton's dumb as shit wank all over it, and they were nowhere near as creative nor heavy from a riffing perspective.

Urghhh no, the who invented led zepellin. Led zepellin just stole shit from people. Led zepellin was soft shit. Just a poppy sabbath

Nah far more creative and live was where its at. The who and cream pooneered the equipment.

So? What the hell these shits that are you saying have to do with the fact that they invented the early 70 heavy metal material?

The Who and Cream are the blandest, most boring of the dadrock bands
kys

Exactly. The who have just one album that is good, the others are shit.

Not at all. Cream was too busy playing the stuff in a generic Blues style with wanky solos. They didn't even pioneer the equipment gtfo.

Cream were good but they never made an album as good or as infuental as Sabbath's first four albumd

No they fucking intellectual stalwarts. Black sabbath were seen as trash and just made trash genres

Simply not true

They were the first to use it. And you dont know what you talking about because cream dont sound like generic blues.

They have atleast 4 top albums. All bette lr than black sabbaths. Paranoid is good first one decent but derivative master of reality boring as fuck

It is 100% true. You haven't cited anything specific either, just said "they innovated". That's it.

Beatles more like Mediocretles xD

Your argumentation is fucking pathetic. You are just saying that these bands are better than sabbath without any reason.

Jesus christ Cream poster kys. Black Sabbath is leagues above that garbage generic le acid blues xD band.

Besides Blue Cheer invented Black Sabbath not Cream, and what matters is Black Sabbath took that influence and made a whole genre out of it.

This user gets it.

Here is an argument that Van Halen is, in fact, more influential than BS. Not sure I buy it but he does make some great points

thequietus.com/articles/23095-van-halen-the-band-the-velvet-underground-could-only-dream-of-being

He does make a few good points but at the end of the day this is just one man's opinion.

If you like black Sabbath, check out ORB. They're on flightless, same label as king gizz. They're pretty cool.

I can't remember starting this thread, but I must have...

Naw I started it. Black Sabbath is the best band ever period

I was agreeing.
Should I have written, "you are me"?

Black Sabbath [Warner Bros., 1970]

The worst of the counterculture on a plastic platter--bullshit necromancy, drug-impaired reaction times, lengthy solos. They claim to oppose war, but if I don't believe in loving my enemies then I don't believe in loving my allies and I've been worried that something like this was going to happen ever since I first saw a numerology column in an underground newspaper. C-

Paranoid [Warner Bros., 1970]

I suppose I could learn to enjoy them as camp--the title cut is certainly screamworthy. I mean, their audience can't possibly take that whole Lucifer bit seriously, can they? Anyway, I always suspected that horror movies catharsized things I was too rational to care about in the first place. C-

Master of Reality [Warner Bros., 1971]

As an increasingly regretful spearhead of the great Grand Funk Railroad switch three years ago, in which the critics defined Grand Funk as a good ol' white boy blues band, although I knew of no critic, myself included, who actually played the records. Grand Funk are American--dull. Black Sabbath are English--dull and decadent. I don't care how many rebels and incipient groovers are buying. I don't even care if the band actually believes their own Christian/liberal/Satanist muck. This is a dimwitted, amoral exploitation. D+

We Sold Our Souls For Rock 'n Roll [Warner Bros., 1976]

By emphasizing songs (of the 17 cuts here, 13 are from the first three albums) and by omitting such pro-tempo-formula-virtuoso moves as "Rat Salad", this makes for a fitting mock-nostalgia document. Three cuts hail from the band's fourth LP, cleverly titled "Black Sabbath Vol. 4", which I never got around to putting on back in 1972. And you know what? I'm still not sure I've heard anything on it. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

Stop posting this plebian hack.

you are a fucking retard