4-4-2

>4-4-2
>wing back at RM
>Target forward at LM, on TOP of there already being Higuain being the target forward up front

Is the 4-4-2 back in style lads?

4-4-2 wide diamond is the most black pilled formation

And it's becoming a back 6 too lol. Mourinho did this against Man City/Chelsea recently.

I don't understand Juve's positions.
Is it actually a 4-2-2-2?
- - - - - - - Buffon
Alves- - --Chiellini-Bonucci- - -Sandro
- - - - - - - -Pjanic- Khedira- -- - - -
Cuadrado-- - - - - - - - - - - - -Dybala
- - - - - -Higuain-Mandzukic

??? I don't understand.

Swap Dybala for Mandzukic

mandzukic is a FWD in possession, but on defence he covers sergi roberto as a Left midfielder

my team the San Jose Earthquakes did this before

in possession it looks more like a 3-4-3, with alves still defending normally, cuadrado going up as RM, mandzukic pushing up to FWD, and alex sandro becoming LM

It's a Zona Mista

Guinny, you're over-complicating it, it's a simple 4-4-2 with Dybala sometimes going deep to help the midfield in defense and move the ball in counter-attacks. Cuadrado has always been a winger anyway, and Mandžo has played on both wings on multiple occasions throughout his career anyway, because he's very agile and willing to pull a Gattuso anytime needed.

Why put a pacey whiteboi in the center and using a slowpoke Balkan killerfoot on the side? I think he is somewhat wasted and I doubt he has the pace and physical to stay 90 minutes in this position( talking about Mario Mandz)
If any juve fan knows , does he sub him early ?

this

Leicester did it first you fat fuck

lol you're underrating mandzukic a fuck ton

im pretty sure sometimes ay Bayern he would be asked to track wingers

he has the discipline, awareness, and most importantly yes the stamina to do that

dybala is their main creator/scorer obviously, you want him fresh as possible for the counter attack

at major european level i would say Juve brought it back actually

they've played this same system in europe even later in the conte years, at the same time atletico was using it (they don't play 4-4-2 anymore im pretty sure)

I can literally make a hundred of screenshots in every Juve game that clearly show Mandžo, Pjanić, Khedira and Cuadrado in line. Dybala and Higuain are also often in line rather than being one behind the other, because you defend better and cover more space when you defend standing in line than one behind the other. Basic space gestalt.

You put Dybala on the left and you automatically nix many of his advantages. He'd have to cross more often, which is no good when you depend on Higuain in crunch time. If you wanna wing Dybala, put him on the right, the Robben/Messi style.

Fucking great tactically already from Juve, they're playing like a EPL team.

wtf is this formation
mfw i'm too intelligent for this

Well I can't say I am underrating Mandzukic when Im calling him a killer striker but I get your point, The coach needs to Maximize his players abilities. Have lost track of Mario Mandzukic this season since Higuain joined juve so I might not be 100% accurate about his pace and physical

they do play in a 4-4-2 but saul and carrasco have more freedom than your usual wide mid

pic related was the pinnacle of football tactics
prove me wrong

It's how Brazil got rekt in 1982

Everybody knows that 3-5-2 is king.

5-3-2 with emphasis on the right wing.

It never left. 442 is the like the gold standard, the stepping stone, the primordial formation in football.

Every other formation is nothing more than an ingenous, edgy, cheeky, tryhard, hipster, smartass variation of the Eternal 442. They come and go with the passing of time like the memes they are. The 442 lives forever.

A variation of 442 diamond, leaving Zambrotta the entire left side of the pitch for himself while Gerrard slips somewhere in the middle.

This shit is pretty autistic. You know that the 442/532/4231/etc thing is just for tv, right? The players move on the field more freely so discussion about this is pointless.

It's just an asymetric formation, the left fullback is dynamic while the left winger is more static, on the other side it's the opposite: a more static fullback with a more dynamic winger
That way things balance themselves out
Anyways this system was exposed in 1983 by Ernst Happel, no one uses it anymore

Well its like this, 5-3-2 is defensive, 3-4-3 is attacking and 4-5-1 is possession.

4-4-2 can be adjusted to suit whatever opponent by forming partnerships that can double up and exploit the other wise 2 track minds