B i really need your help, today a dear friend of mine totally changed and went psychotic or something similar...

b i really need your help, today a dear friend of mine totally changed and went psychotic or something similar, he said it was the right time to kill the neighbors and beat on their door and window and we had no idea what to do, please tell what is going on and if its depression, paranoia(from ganja), and anxiety or is it worse? how can i help him?

no bait guys, this is serious, idk if he really lost his mind because he actually said his mission was to kill neighbors. he said he hears a lot like speakers or microphones high up in the walls.

If this isn't bait, call the police you retarded faggot.

it obviously settled down be constructive or be gone

erm go help and stop assuming all his problems are cuz of ganja man only the symptym beyotch

> please tell what is going on and if its depression, paranoia(from ganja), and anxiety or is it worse?

First of all, don't be retarded, this is not indicative of depression or anxiety, and no one on marijuana has ever behaved like this unless it was laced with PCP.

Depending on how old he is, this could be burgeoning schizophrenia or he may have suffered a psychotic break with reality.

>how can i help him?

Inpatient treatment with a reputable psychiatrist.

If you know it's gonna happen and you aren't reporting it to the police then anything that happens is on you. If nothing is gonna happen why the fuck did you make a thread? Fuckin retard.

idk whats going to happen im scared and i had no clue he was capable of murder this morning.

for sure a psychotic break with reality thank you so much, any more help for a pleb? treatment or therapy really isnt out of the price range but getting him to commit to it might not work he seems mad at us even when i ask if theres beef he still thinks we have beef or something.

call the police or fuck off. stop talking to him.

>treatment or therapy really isnt out of the price range but getting him to commit to it might not work

If he's threatening to murder people you may not need his consent to have him placed inpatient.

Ditto if he's underage (which I suspect you guys are based on your grammar.)

It's almost always a bad idea to call the cops (they like to shoot people behaving like your friend) but they can stick him in a hospital for observation.

Just keep in mind that if you're in America it's Thanksgiving week and if he goes in tomorrow he probably won't even be seen by a doctor until Monday.

literally my brother, 3 men live in this place. worried that he will not just bang on the window next time but he will bust window out and do what he said his "mission" was.

call. the. police.

well we are both over 18, im 19 hes 4 years older and he has work tomorrow we have to let him go or we cant make rent

after reading about a psychotic break with reality i know that is it, he isnt mentally disabled hes actually the smartest person i know until he gets high or drunk, please 1 more question how often can these episodes trigger? i can only talk to him when he gets off work and i hope he doesnt trip out at work.

we talked for a while and he seemed really chill except he broke out in tears i could tell he was trying to hold back but he let out 2 little bursts this is really serious thanks for the input b.

>he has work tomorrow we have to let him go or we cant make rent

Well that sucks. I hope he can keep it together.

>please 1 more question how often can these episodes trigger?

Impossible to say. This could literally be a one-off and he'll never do anything like this ever again.

Or he could be in a situation where the only way he'll live a semi-normal life is by being on antipsychotics.

I'd see if you could get him to talk to a psychiatrist about what he experienced, and in the meantime you should do your best to keep him sober.

it is possibly delusional disorder, his only hallucination was that we were spied on.

small unintentional noises made with your mouth would piss him off bad maybe because prior bullying or it causes his not so uncommon migraines. he has made his depression clear before but has showed 0 signs of mental disorder until he was beating on neighbors door and window tonight ready to kill them.

could also be catatonia

please come back guys this is serious and i need to know how to console him i just read that they cannot take evidence and hold firmly to their belief.

>i need to know how to console him

What did he express that he's upset about?

What made him cry?

im not sure maybe it was him seeing the error in what he did or maybe he really still thinks we are being watched and cant even talk to each other or something i swear its like the slope thing but it's super heavily inclined and at this point. i truly dont know what the tears were for, i tried to console him, i told him i love him and that nothing he did couldnt be taken back and wasnt really a problem but the tears were not at all impeded, he was solid crying for half an hour trying to play ps4 and im really scared for him especially since he has never acted out like this only once but slightly over small noises and then he really left it to dwindle or it held an ember i dont know really he isnt very communicative, i try my hardest to be easy to talk to and i make sure to talk to him.

Hey OP: schizo user here who had two psychotic breaks in his life, none of them as violent as your friend, I just thought I was Jesus and shit and broke into other peoples houses cause I thought I lived there now.

But thing is, you can't reason with him. you probably can't convince him of getting into treatment neither. you can try but will probably fail.

Shit sucks, especially if you live in the trigger happy USA, but I think you need to call 911 and get police involved. or give NAMI a call and ask if they know of any better way to get him into treatment, like if they have trained social workers or whatnot that could get him there, but I dunno.

nami.org/Find-Support

i really hope he doesnt try self harm, thats what i really want to prevent.

Your friend sounds pretty fucked up and you're definitely in over your head.

You need to convince him to talk to a professional.

im asking for help how the condition clearly states he will deny and firmly believe in his delusions. he really thinks his mission is to murder the neighbor it has to be a fact my dad was screaming that he would call 911 but i convinced him to be patient because i figured it had to be a mental disorder.

im pretty much now asking for what would be good to put in a needle to sedate him to get him to nami support or a mental hospital until he can be treated.

schizo user here again: it is a mental disorder, but only thing that will help him is a prolonged stay (usually 2 months minimum) at a closed mental ward where they can monitor him and give him antipsychotic medication, that's pretty much the only thing that will make him snap out of it.
If he's like me he will be very thankful for it in hindsight, but will refuse any kind of treatment while he's in the psychotic state of mind. Psychosis is awful and it's a horrible state of mind to be in, so (forced) treatment is necessary for his own well being as well as for the well being of those around him.

>he really thinks his mission is to murder the neighbor

Like I said earlier, it's usually a bad idea to call the cops, but this is a case where you should call them.

>my dad was screaming that he would call 911

Your dad was right.

>but i convinced him to be patient because i figured it had to be a mental disorder.

Clearly it's a mental disorder, but when he's threatening to murder someone you've gotta roll the dice and call the cops.

>im pretty much now asking for what would be good to put in a needle to sedate him to get him

Yeah, you're not qualified or authorized to tranquilize your roommate.

Plus you don't have anything on hand that would knock him on his ass.

Also, jabbing a violent psychotic with a needle that won't immediately put them out is a good way to end up a homicide victim.

hes my brother if it doesnt work then ive been dying to give him a haymaker, ill sleep him if i have to i swear

>hes my brother if it doesnt work then ive been dying to give him a haymaker, ill sleep him if i have to i swear

I'm exhausted an sick to death of these captchas, so I'm going to bed, but good luck OP.

You're in a shitty situation, but with the right help things can get better.

My sister was threatening to slash her throat with a box-cutter at work a few years ago, but she got therapy and medication and she's a fuckload better now.

My best to you and your brother.

also police idea of restraint is beating with a baton which is unforgivable even if they are in psychosis