Anyone else feel ashamed by lyrical content of songs you like to listen...

Anyone else feel ashamed by lyrical content of songs you like to listen. I mean some songs I would never admit to like in public just because they are very shallow (not due to soundwords or being meaingless pop), but in general related to lame relationships, teenage existential crisis and other philistine crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rYHNrwg4jJs&ab_channel=Starbellx
youtube.com/watch?v=17EjdAH-TUo&ab_channel=LieutenantBoii
youtube.com/watch?v=e0QhxF4OmhQ&ab_channel=DeathGrips
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/search/tripcode/!!dfoWVXetsfT/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>would never admit to like in public
then don't. i only name mainstream shit when talking to normies

nah, most music has shit lyrics
just focus on music, voice is just an instrument too

simple doesn't equal bad you fucking troglodyte

Listen to music with better lyrics, then. More or less analogous to growing up and not been teen-angsty in itself. Eventually, it just is trite, and it's time to represent yourself in a better, more productive, and less embarrassing way.

sonic youth has some ass lyrics occasionally

lol true.

Yep.
Whenever I listen to hip hop or love songs I feel ashamed cause I'm a shut in eunuch KHV

>Cinderella's Big Score

I feel ashamed for listening to cocteau twins because the lyrics are literraly gibberish.

Weird way to spell Yes

I love the beatles for their music and not necessarily the lyrics

most bands in my library actually. am i autistic? am i pleb? I don't get the poetry aspect I just love interesting melody and emotions stemming from the noises. Most of my music would come off as shallow as well but some soundscapes are just breathtaking

so i think there's a lot that i can tell about you from your post. tell me what parts i get incorrect:

>watched welcome to nhk and is perpetually conflicted about his position in the world in context with other people. probably suffers from anxiety and is lonely af
>probably is looking for an existential salvation from the hell that this inner turmoil inflicts upon him
>has deep seated notions of regret, guilt and shame which are felt at a level which is probably much higher than normal people
>craves validation. doesn't like himself at all.

tell me if i got anything wrong. or how close i was to describing your personality.

Not really? I have to agree with ultimately, lyrics are just another instrument to me. Sometimes, after I've listened to a song enough times, I'll actually try to pay attention to the lyrics just for my own amusement, but what ever they might mean doesn't really influence whether I like the song or not.
How my music relates to other people however, is very a situational matter. I mean I would never unironically say that I'm "ashamed" of anything that I enjoy, but I will admit that my taste can be... hard to explain to some audiences

youtube.com/watch?v=rYHNrwg4jJs&ab_channel=Starbellx
youtube.com/watch?v=17EjdAH-TUo&ab_channel=LieutenantBoii
youtube.com/watch?v=e0QhxF4OmhQ&ab_channel=DeathGrips

Here are three songs I like but would never play around my family or most of my friends just because of the lyrics.

Anything by crywank really, I never wanna listen to it with anyone unless I'm in a confined room

This is how NIN fans should feel.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/search/tripcode/!!dfoWVXetsfT/

Sup Crywank.

what?

>be born with audio dyselxia
>hear really awesome melodies in the lyrics, but don't know what they're saying
>my mind which has always been really good at abstract thinking assigns deep cosmic philosophical meaning to the songs
> form really strong feelings about the music because to me it's like the voice of the gods
>look up the lyrics
>it's all mundane down to earth shit

Every. Single. Time.

You should be more ashamed about the fact you watch anime.

>audio dyselxia
Does this make lyrics like the Mars Volta's better or worse than actually knowing what they're saying?

>tfw you watch Welcome to The NHK and realize that you're never going to have a qt3.14 gf who obsesses over you
feels bad man

It makes everything so much better, it's like I'm constantly doing LSD, until I read the lyrics and my mind saddeningly sobers.

Oh k, not OP but random Sup Forumsser I havent watched NHK but everything else is spot on although I do have a large group of friends. What are your words of wisdom that I should take through adolescence? Seeing as you seem so clued up on it.

[spoiler]Please reply, anyone[/spoiler]