Tfw still not a famous musician at 29

>tfw still not a famous musician at 29

When the FUCK will it happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/74765633
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

never

i've accepted it and im 21, you should too user

I'll kill myself if I'm still not famous at 35. I fucking mean it.

you're posting here

Work on yourself, try to get really sexy and cute. then spam the shit out of yourself. No one really gives a shit about the actual music. That is just an added bonus.

don't do that tho

Do you like playing music?

Yeah, but I'd like it even more if I were famous and got millions of views on my songs.

unless you have money, connections, look etc. it's a crap shoot. It doesn't even necessarily mean you you're bad if you don't get recognition, lots of people have shit taste.
Just do your best according to your own standards and promote yourself as much as you can and have a backup plan.

>wanted to get famous
>wanted to even release your music
If you release it somewhere down the the line a pleb is gonna like it and ruin it.

None of my favorite musicians are famous

same

name some of them, I bet they're still famous despite what you say

How *not* famous are we talking here? Like some bandcamp or soundcloud artist?

Like, was mildly a part of a town's scene over a decade ago and now (maybe) has stuff online that few people support

A few include:
Data Rebel
Proem
Drexciya
Mostapace
Discotopia

Not him
Charles Cohen
Rolan Vega
Beau Wanzer
Steve Moore

And why would you say they are your favorite? and not any band that is more well known?

For me, they make music that has more favorable characteristics than popular musicians. There also isn't some huge image that goes along with the music. Most of those are individual artists who just pieced things together at home.

Plus, more well-known acts tend to stay away from certain sounds and genres entirely, or happened to stay away because they're not widely appealing. There are exceptions, of course. I mean, I'm a fan of Squarepusher, Autechre, and Aphex Twin, to name a few. But I don't usually reach for their work first

>Drexciya
>Not famous
You serious? They're God's in the Detroit techno scene.

Go ask 100 random people who they are and see what kind of a response you get

Hell go up to 100 random people and ask them about 95% of the artists posted on this board and see how many they know.

just brought a really good synth only to find out im not a good synth player

what the fuck

how do i get better?

I don't think famous is a good thing to aim for. Credible and respected is better.

practice?

Probably your best bet is to learn music notes and theory, and get used to playing in tempo

this is silly as fuck, honestly

I actually have more youtube subscribers than my favorite musician

That's a really retarded definition of "famous".

whining about it on the internet is a terrific start

Do not worry ! %99 of synth players are actually shit. 96 of them are just playing boring tonal music and the other 3 are playing shitty pseudo avant garde modular wank.

it's impossible to be a good synth player

this shit is so fucking daunting man

should i just hit the arp button and call it a day?

it's what ive been doing so far

it's impossible to be a good synth player because synths are the worst sounding an laziest instrument

join a noise band and buy some weird pedals and you'll be good

Calm down, Claire.

but everyone knows noisefags are just pseudo musicians who are to lazy to actually learn an instrument

>friend at his 30th birthday
>I dont care if I make it I'm doing what I like
>obviously near a breakdown
>1 year later he was playing a lolla

stick with it user, you too can play big shows and run a record label

that's why its a good genre for synth players

>famous
>not being satisfied with just making a living exclusively through making music and performing
>not being happy with just being lowkey but still getting by on your music
this is why you will not find success
your drive is related to fame and not just enjoying your passion

youre a silly bitch and we all know your dad is your favorite musician with 2 subscribers

Any Sup Forumssicians actually leave this shit hole besides like slightly ravin goff, but that's just youtube views, not actual fame

no I was thinking of Kev Hopper

>all these losers ITT talking about no name bands nobody gives a fuck about
>thinking you are so high and mighty by listening to losers in your local town nobody knows

Yeah, I'll stick to the top 40. You know, music I can actually talk to my friends about, and they actually know. Get over yourselves

Yeah boy I can't wait to go listen to tailor swift with the guys! Gee wizzerino!

>shit assumptions
>shit taste
>unwarranted smugness
great post

pretty good bait. even has an "image.jpg" filename and everything.

piss in your own mouth

No, it's both, you idiot.

find a job, and keep music as a hobby

Not a solution to becoming famous

and if they gargle the piss it would sound kinda like a synth.

Silence is the worst isn't it. It's when you're left with your own thoughts and they begin to fester. It's not your own mortality that is at the forefront of your mind, you're fascinated by death, in some ways you welcome it, no, that aching anxiety you feel sinking deep into your chest is the immense waste of time all of your years on this earth have been and yet, you don't know how to extricate yourself from your situation and it's an ever lasting circle of numbness, not pain, numbness, you'd love pain because it would mean you could actually feel something

r/im12andthisisdeep

Support your local scene

Kill yourself thinking you'll be the next Nick Drake where your work will explode in popularity long after your dead. It would put my mind at ease, and it's not like you'd ever find out.

>6 month fetus
>only 5 platinum albums

record the piss gargling somehow then slap some reverb and delay and then incorporate it into grossbeat in fl studio

then go on /gif/ and jack off, making the cum land on your face and laugh at the absurdity of it all

Stay with us

I don't even want to be insanely famous. I just want to be moderately successful. Like Braids or one of those types of bands.

Why hasn't anyone asked OP to post his music?

FUCKING DO IT ALREADY, WE WANT TO HEAR.

>my life's unironic goal is to get at least one 8.5+ BNM from P4K
is that weird of me?

No, plenty of people will have similar dreams. Life isn't fair, you probably won't ever achieve them. Not trying to be a cunt but it's something that should be considered by every artist who creates.

>I made this thread a month ago and everybody called me a vapid cunt
>OP makes this thread and everybody vibes with him
WHAT THE FUCK? FUCK YOU GUYS.

was it this one?
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74765633

My dream in life is to have dinner with Paul McCartney and to do that I have to become a famous musician. Literally the reason I'm trying.

yeah

How's the music going now?

Hey tonetta got famous in his 50s

It's going fine mostly. I have some stuff in the works but now I guess I'm OK with being obscure.

I'm the next Bowie

The love of the music needs to come first.

>Like, was mildly a part of a town's scene over a decade ago and now (maybe) has stuff online that few people support
oh
today things like that are just part of the internet blob

you didn't need to kill him

Who wants to be famous anyway? Maybe it's just my personality but i would hate to be famous.
Ideally you want to be rich and not famous. Famous people can't do a lot of things that non famous people can, like go to any place in public without being disturbed, but rich and not famous have it all.

I bet a lot of artists as they get older and get sick of the fame they wish they could go back or just be able to sell their music without being disturbed everywhere they go.

>I'll kill myself if I'm still not famous at 35. I fucking mean it.

Do a flip.

Or maybe something like Daft Punk, almost no one recognises them without the masks.

Thank you for this kindness.

I'm 28, can I learn guitar and piano and be famous still?
I can play drums and have been musically oriented my whole life but never learned any other instruments.

>Claire
>29
:thinking:
Besides, Clairo is basically normie-tier now anyways. She stopped making good music ever since the Keel Her split tape.

hey now maybe you are one of those that finally gets appreciated like 30 years from now

>Tfw sufficiently well known and enjoy my life

Feels good.

literally who?

DJ Naruto, Hokage to you

Believe it!

>It doesn't even necessarily mean you you're bad if you don't get recognition, lots of people have shit taste.

this is actually the biggest de motivating thing for me when it comes to putting in genuine effort to my music

I feel like if I managed to make the greatest album of all time it would get like 300 plays on soundcloud

How the fuck do you even get famous? post stuff on bandcamp and soundcloud and hope people like it? I cant even do local gigs because i live in the middle of nowhere

This is the nature of true glory

it comes down to word of mouth and stuff, and shilling yyour shit, if it is really good people will listen

shilling destroys artistic integrity though

move near a city
only way really

>tfw too socially anxious to ever play live

never gonna make it

>Tfw never going to "Make it"

yeah i know its pretty hard to get noticed without trying to get noticed though

Pretty much this, but for any performing art.