Who would win? Orca vs. Great white shark

Who would win? Orca vs. Great white shark

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YTHZ8Vi7tsc
youtube.com/watch?v=p3xmqbNsRSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Considering Killer Whales also hunt in packs and are very intelligent

However neither species is interested in the other

wrong. the only animals hunting for the great white are orcas. and this means they are hunting, not occasionally killing one when it's in their way. orcas are fucking savages

I didn't know they hunt them

The best thing about killer whales is their constant shit-eating grin

There's footage of these battles, I'd say a draw

Great whites have lasers beams installed on their heads, so the shark would win

The Orca by far.

Orcas are simply far more intelligent, physically capable, and also hunt in groups like many other mammals.

A shark can't even fucking breathe on its own without moving through water. They are extremely primitive sea animals, whereas Orcas are one of the most advanced sea creatures in existence.

Fucking kek I agree

This. Orcas have been known to hunt white shark for ages. Savages indeed.

Don't the orcas turn the shark upside down to induce that.. hypnotic state or whatever? I'm not educated on orca tactics but have heard of something like that

Killer whales are assholes of the sea and will fuck anything up when they feel like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YTHZ8Vi7tsc

Orcas know their shit, and know that Sharks are cunts, and give no fucks about taking them on. Orcas can actually be cool, but if you go around thinking you're a big badass shark and going to eat a tasty baby orca, prepare to get repeatedly drowned til half-dead, then have your head ripped off in an orca game of vollylulz.

However if you're lost at sea, occasionally Orcas will notice you're drifitng aimlessly and guide you toward land, so be cool with that shit harpoonman.

Orca because pack animal.

1 vs 1, i really dont know. The shark does not have to surface to breathe but how long can a shark keep up vigorous activity before getting tired? I would think the whale would have more stamina because of being warm blooded. The sharks skin is more tough than a fatty whale. I really do know

This one is good too.
It shows these bastards planning shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=p3xmqbNsRSk

Orca... every time!

nope, they just bum rush the fuckers. the shark has no chance. saw this once from a cage when diving, we simply didn't believe what we saw

Fuck seals, they eat penguins. Also, seals are the most populous mammal on the planet, so are not missed.

HOLY FUCK. Can't unsee KEK

Fucking amazing

HAARP
/thread

Orca of course

I have no experience with Orcas hunting adult sharks, but they are very intelligent animals, and objectively far more capable of thought than a shark, which is extremely primitive, so I wouldn't doubt that some have developed strategies.

Orcas have been filmed charging a shark from the side to stun it and then holding it upside down, which sends the shark into a catatonic state for some reason. Intelligence always wins out.

Many sharks have to move forward in order to filter water into their lungs. If they can't move forward, they asphyxiate.

being upside down is different than just not moving forward

Holy fuck mammals are OP

Not to be that guy, but they have gills, not lungs.
If they had lungs, they would be surfacing to breathe every once in a while.

Orcas are actually in the process of fucking up the great white shark's global shit right now.

The largest great whites in the world used to make an annual migration to the Farallon Islands off the coast of Northern California, but orcas recently started murdering them for no reason and now their whole migration pattern is fucked. The sharks don't come back to the islands in big numbers anymore. They know the orcas are waiting.

Scientists think the Farallons are a breeding ground. Great whites got cucked.

But sharks exist since bla bla and orcas only for blabla years

Thats cool, but also proves the sharks are not dumb. They have learned...or the only groups to pass through that area got proper fucked by the ocras

You're not "that guy" you just aren't on the same page. Sharks have primitive gills that do not move. They are not attached to muscles that agitate or pump water through. They are basically just slits for water to flow through. The shark must continuously be in motion for it to "breathe" otherwise it asphyxiates. Swimming around is how sharks "breathe"

Oh I know that, I just wanted to make clear that they don't have lungs.

That's right, and just like cockroaches and crocodiles, they haven't changed much, while Orcas, being mammals are on the cutting edge of the evolutionary arms race.

They also don’t have legs, just saying

>Many sharks have to move forward in order to filter water into their lungs.
Someone clearly did.

Orca would take out shark faster than a grizzly on a silverback.

Oh, I get it, I missed where the other user said they "filter the water into their lungs"

You are correct, they don't have lungs, and that user is wrong.

Like cheetas, brings its risks

A grizzly on a silver-back would be at a dramatic disadvantage trying to hunt a shark, and would probably kill each other first anyway.

Now if sharks did have lungs and some of them evolved to go on land, I think they could become some pretty vicious predators.

I don't see it happening. They're not on the right evolutionary path for it. It's more likely frogs would become super-predators than sharks ever leaving the water.

I just like imagining about alternative evolutionary paths for animals.
I did it most recently with the idea of "what if humans evolved from monotremes?".

shark