Need help dealing with stress. I drank 2 cups of coffee today and almost felt like I was having a panic attack...

Need help dealing with stress. I drank 2 cups of coffee today and almost felt like I was having a panic attack. I was playing video games too which adds stress and I was hungry which doesn't help, but the coffee pushed me over the edge and I felt light headed, nauseous, and couldn't focus well; plus my hands were shaking. I had to lay down for an hour just to get back to normal.

I don't know how to deal with this other than to avoid stressful things, but sometimes you can't avoid it and I don't want to have a panic attack every time my car breaks down or something.

I don't think it's my environment causing my anxiety, it feels like my brain just doesn't cope with stress well. Plz help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE
psychology-tools.com/adult-adhd-self-report-scale/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cut back on the coffee. Get some exercise. Eat some fruit. Settle down.

Kratom and kava kava

I never drink coffee, just felt like having some this morning. I walk 3-4 days a week. Fruit can make me more anxious.

I'm trying to relax but idk maybe I should try meditation or something

/thread

Maybe smoke some of the Devils lettuce. I hear it lowers anxiety in some people

eat shit and die

I don't want to get dependent on drugs to deal with it. I need to figure it out on my own but idk anymore

Pot gives me a lot of anxiety. And I can't get 100% indica strains where I live

:-(

Yeah if you have no tolerance to caffeine it can fuck you up like that. If you can't handle it, drink less

Dude you need to drink water. The brain is just like the body, it's also 70% water.

Spiking caffeine, especially when you normally don't drink coffee, will cause all of the symptoms you described. If that happens again, drink water

Yeah I'm done with coffee for a while

I drink a lot of water

I think you're right. I'll try that

you don't need 100% indica strains, you need strains that promote calm and reduce stress and anxiety.
Check out Leafly dot com, and look up the strain you're interested in.

This
Exercise and cut the caffiene
do some push-ups right now. I swear youll feel good when its done

BE AN HERO.

FUCKING NORMALFAGS.

It's not just the coffee though. I'm always having to deal with anxiety even when I'm just going to the store.

I think I know everything I need to do to deal with it but I'm probably just here to get people to relate and feel sorry for me.

I'm just gonna go jerk off

Dont drink stimulates and then not exert your self.

Yeah I'm done with that shit. Just water from now on

If I had to describe the feeling it's like when you have a real bad stomach virus and you throw up some much it hurts and you're on the verge of tears because you just want it to end. Fucking sucks man

Social Anxiety is worked on over time. If you work customer service for extended periods of time, you'll know what I mean. Force yourself to talk to people, even if it's scary or difficult. "Fake it until you make it"

>Fake it til you make it.

Solid advice

Go to /adv/ fool

This is exactly what happens when you drink coffee if you have no caffeine tolerance, the symptoms themselves are nothing to worry about

Good advice. The longest I've had a job is 3 months and during that I had to deal with people and got better but I got stressed one day and had a breakdown. It feels like no matter how much I deal with it nothing helps. Idk

This looks like heavy bait. There's no way someone could be that retarded.

But:
that was not caused by stress, you numbnuts. All of the symptoms you mentioned are normal if you haven't eaten, drank enough fluids (coffee does not count as it increases dehydration) and consumed stimulants (nicotine would have the same effect).
You might also have a comparatively low blood pressure.

How about you stop shitposting and learn how to make sandwiches instead of gaming?

Panic attacks and stress related disorders do not correlate with stimulant consumption. Stress related symptoms include heartache or highly increased heartbeat (it comes as a wave after a trigger), feeling of pressure in the chest zone, sudden feeling of dying, coldness in the back of the head. You on the other hand sound like somebody who simply doesn't know how to take care of himself like a decent human.

Also.

I ate oatmeal this morning and had some water before I drank the coffee.

My chest has been tense and my breathing is mostly shallow. I probably had low blood pressure from sitting all morning

How are stimulants not related to anxiety and stress disorders?

They don't cause panic attacks. The whole of your symptoms do not match stress disorders.

Also, read, go for walks and rationalize anxiety inducing thoughts.

Also, I'm not depressed. I'm stressed and mentally tired. I deal with anxiety daily

I'm pretty sure stimulants do cause panic attacks. I don't understand you got that info

I'll try

Well maybe not panic attacks, but just anxiety

Stimulants can cause or worsen anxiety. I think the other poster is trying to say that your symptoms are not stress or anxiety related, nor is it a panic attack. Pretty much all the symptoms you described are from consuming too much caffeine without having eaten properly and without being used to caffeine.

I'm a moderate to heavy caffeine user that also has dealt with social anxiety. I still over do it on the caffeine occasionally and have to lie down and wait until the nausea goes away. As for social anxiety, you have to force yourself to be around people and eventually you'll become desensitized. It also helps to understand why you are anxious and consider whether you really ought to be anxious over whatever reasons are the cause.

You really should eat properly (3 diverse and somewhat healthy meals a day), exercise most days, and maintain a regular sleep schedule of at least 8 hours a night. If you do all these things, you will make a dramatic impact on your anxiety, energy, and mood.

Yeah, it probably was just the coffee.

Good advice.

Do you still feel social anxiety daily? Does it feel like a constant struggle for you too? How do you cope when you're at work and feel like you're on the verge of a breakdown?

drink these throughout the day

at least 1 bottle every hour

helped me big time cut back on stress and anxiety

Yeah right lol. I'll try smoking crack too

crack would be bad!

redline is very very calming

>drink half bottle only

LOL

Kiko..

It'll pretty much always be there to some degree but you can condition yourself to the point that it doesn't really bother you or have much of an impact on your life. It was a struggle for a while until I figured out how to deal with it. I'm not really the type to break down. I don't understand being overwhelmed by it because if I let go when I start to be overwhelmed, I'll just cause myself more problems than taking a moment to sort out my thoughts.

If you have an anxiety spike, I recommend forcing yourself to breathe and then trying to think clearly about the situation causing you anxiety. Why is it making you anxious? Should that make you anxious? If so, should it make you THIS anxious? Would other people be this anxious? Why not? What will being anxious accomplish for you?

I run through a line of inquiry like this in my head and it forces me to calm down by either making me realize my anxiety is unfounded or by just temporarily dissociating me from the situation and making me think more clearly. Ultimately, I just kind of pretend I'm not anxious and try to keep myself focused on some goal. Staying occupied and really immersing yourself in a task will help you ignore any anxiety and pass the time.

I think my problem is that I think pretty much constantly. Even when I'm comfortable I still feel anxiety.

Thanks for the advice man

I'm the same way. I also prefer generally to be stuck in my own head rather than talking to other people. In that case, I recommend noticing what thought patterns increase your anxiety and forcing yourself to not continue those thought processes when they pop up, unless they will actually accomplish something useful.

youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE
Solid advice.

I'll try. Thanks again, it feels good to know I'm not alone in dealing with this crap.

It's quite common. I still think lifestyle change will help the most. Regular exercise is a godsend for anxiety management, not to mention the gainz bumping up your confidence.

Try to commit to 30 minutes of jogging (interspersed with walking as needed) daily for two weeks. Weight training is great too but you'll have to learn a lot to do it properly and it's a pain to find somebody to spot you when you already don't like dealing with people.

Eating properly helps a lot with your mood also, even if it's a hassle.

Jujube seeds tea

Tbh you sound like a pretty huge faggot ("games make me stress out" - then why the fuck play them you mong?) But if you're being serious it sounds like you're just very sensitive to caffeine, which happens.

Stick to tea if you're looking for a pick me up. Average cup of black tea has about 1/2 the normal caffeine coffee does while green tea has about 1/4.

But really though if you're stressing out over a game take a break and get a job or something

Dude you need help, working for a few months makes you breakdown? I get anxious around people I don't know either but in able to compartmentalize it pretty well when working.

It sounds like you have an anxiety disorder, none of us can help you with that. See a doctor

I'm done with caffeine lol

I saw a doctor they wanted me on antidepressants. And I saw a therapist for 5 visits and didn't learn anything new

I just gotta figure out how to deal with this shit

Drink water you fucking autist

It's obvious you were dehydrated

grade titanium bait

My piss is clear 90% of the time. I think I just had too much

A psychiatrist is pretty much always going to suggest antidepressants. That's pretty much all they can do. Therapy takes a long time. You can't expect it to fix things in a month. If you didn't like your therapist then find a different one. Therapists are not all created the same. Some are not very good at what they do or are not good at dealing with particular people. They mostly just give you the tools to deal with your shit.

Consider this: you've spent your entire life developing these issues and reinforcing them. How is a therapist going to work you past them in 5 hours? They're not wizards.

I just feel like I can deal with my problems without therapy and that I'm just paying them to talk about my problems which I can do for free at home.

I lack discipline and only I can change that

That's clearly not dehydration, you double-tarded renigger. Do you even caffeine?

That's literally what is occurring, but you're also paying them to teach you methods of thinking that will allow you to cope, as I did earlier. I also took it upon myself to attempt to deal with it alone when I was younger so I can imagine you're wholeheartedly intending to not see a therapist again. In that case, study up on cognitive behavioral therapy and other therapy methods for anxiety management and then implement it yourself. You're basically just paying them to hold your hand through this process anyways. They'll just have a better idea of what direction to go than you will, but this way you'll have more time to devote to it than an hour a week and that'll (probably) make up for it.

I'll try.

I'm just a lazy, weak-willed degenerate

I'm starting to take baby steps though

As am I, user. I actually didn't really find the willpower or energy to make changes and get shit done until I got diagnosed with ADD and started medication for that. Sounds like that may not work for you since you haven't figured out how to cope with your anxiety yet.

I think if I just exercise and talk to people more I'll be fine

What symptoms does your ADD give you?

>went out for a beer because i dont leave the house
>a few beers in i go to take a piss
>on my way back i notice a table full of chads and staceys, one chad is acting full and sure taking shots like a mad man and being loud
>he gets up, stumbles abit but suddenly hovers over the edge as hes talking
>he lifts his head up to look at the tv screen
>his face gets pale and just starts puking right next to some poor girl
>he tries to catch his puke and play it off at first grabbing napkins but it just keeps coming and he gives up midway
>he starts taking off towards the restrooms with his hands on his mouth
>ends up slipping on his puke and lets out a chewbacca like call
>"WHRUUUGHHH!!!!! fhhhhuuck"
>i lose my shit trying to contain my laughter see some other server in the back red faced trying to do the same.

Lol thanks for sharing

>>went out for a beer because i dont leave the house
>>went out for a beer
>>i dont leave the house
>>went out
>>dont leave the house

I don't know what the fuck you're getting at pal.

You can look here for the basics.
psychology-tools.com/adult-adhd-self-report-scale/

For me, I have a really difficult time concentrating on other people talking (which causes a lot of my anxiety) but I also tend to talk a lot when I'm actually focused on the conversation. It wasn't so bad that getting by was hard but it caused me to avoid social interaction since it stressed me out. I also procrastinated constantly, had a hard time switching activities (like, forget or neglect to eat until late at night when I'm absolutely starving). My free time is pretty much entirely video games and other highly stimulating activities. I'm also very forgetful of certain things.

Untreated ADD can result in anxiety, depression, symptoms of OCD, and symptoms of autism.

I think I have the opposite. I focus way too much on random things but when I try to focus on one thing I can't. I'm clumsy as hell

Yeah, I actually almost seem like the opposite of ADD in that area. The hyperfocusing is kind of weird for ADD. My other symptoms are more common with ADD. You sound like you might possibly have more conventional symptoms then.

ADD comes with working memory problems which are why ADD people are so forgetful and have a hard time focusing. Reality can be a bit overwhelming when you don't have the working memory to take everything in.

There is actually a test used to diagnose ADD and it involves sitting in front of a screen and playing little game where shapes flash on the screen and you click a button when the same shape and color appears consecutively. You do this for about half an hour. Then they look at your physical movement during and your accuracy and reflex speed.