Am I the only one who thinks the doors is a thousand times better than the Beatles...

Am I the only one who thinks the doors is a thousand times better than the Beatles? All of my friends say I'm wrong but I'd like to hear what you all think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZP3wzxEwnI
youtube.com/watch?v=ipUEBsXD2A0
youtube.com/watch?v=E9n3v4Wr-JI
youtube.com/watch?v=25Cc16mWVMA
youtube.com/watch?v=LXYiZn06TPY
youtube.com/watch?v=AVez4RS7IJw
youtube.com/watch?v=6lnoM25D-js
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You must be that stupid friend.

You're wrong bud, sorry

whenever i listen to the beatles i sometimes can't help but get kinda overwhelmed by the sheer impact the band has had on history. it's stupid, but i can't help it. strictly musically speaking, i wouldn't argue with anyone that thought the doors were better than the beatles. their first three records are ridiculously good.

I'll give credit where its due, I absolutely love the Beatles but I just find Jim's music more appealing to me. To each there own I guess!

I wish there was a band like the doors now, the world needs a new Jim Morrison.

Even a dog's turd is better than the beatles so you're right

The Doors have some good songs but that's it

hmmm

Doobs are great but not better than the Beatles don't be stupid

The Doors are the best. Jim Morrison is an icon.

I think their legacy is enhanced by the fact Jim died before being able to put out bad music. Lots of acclaimed 60s acts poisoned their legacies with substandard word in the 70s and beyond, but the Doors were spared this.

Live 1970
Fever/Summertime/St. James Infirmiry

youtube.com/watch?v=xZP3wzxEwnI

The Doors were the first American punk band

Jim was very often intoxicated on stage. He managed to pull off this bluesy rendition in Bakersfield

youtube.com/watch?v=ipUEBsXD2A0

You're right. Anyone who disagrees is fucking retarded.
Better rythym. Better frontman. Better lyrics. Better shows. Better.

youtube.com/watch?v=E9n3v4Wr-JI

Talk about a better frontman. There was a danger to the Doors that was lacking elsewhere. And a deep respect for the blues.

As far as the talk of stage presence goes he EASILY blows Paul Mcartney and John Lennon out of the water. I'm saying that while ignoring my abhorrence for John.

nah Paul is GOAT

"Well that's New York for ya."

WOO

"The only people who rush the stage are guys ya know?"

youtube.com/watch?v=25Cc16mWVMA

The best live album in my opinion. Hard to beat At Filmore East by the Allman Brothers in my book, but Absolutely Live was the only live album released while Jim was alive so it's an experience through the hits.

Either bait or you're actually retarded.

(Bo Diddley cover)
I walked 47 miles on barb wire
Cobra snake for a necktie
Built a house by the roadside
Made of rattlesnake hide
Brand new chimney up on top
Made out of human skulls

Come on baby take a walk with me
Tell me who do you love
Who do you love, now

Only LA Woman gets me as hype

One of the greatest psych rock songs sonically. bluesy and raw

basically fuck me two times
pretty risque for 67 radio play

youtube.com/watch?v=AVez4RS7IJw

say that to my face and not online see what happens you fucking malaca

Bar jukebox fav
youtube.com/watch?v=6lnoM25D-js

Yes, and this is exactly how I feel about the Beatles. The best thing that ever happened to the Fabs as far as their legacy is concerned is the fact that they broke up before they could start to suck. Now compare to the Stones, or Aerosmith, or the Clash, or...

The doors had an edge to them.
Beatles were too cute.

Very different demographics though. People look back at them as having a common era, as well as being a phychadelic/ rock group. But The Doors were much darker, and less straightforward in terms of songwriting. Where The Beatles typically use great melodies on top of chords, The Doors tend to ride a strong groove (think the bass/ guitar in Break on Through, or the bass line on Riders on the Storm), and weave melodies around that groove until they get lost in the layers of symbiotic melodies and make that groove intoxicating. It's hard to compare them, really, with such different approaches. I prefer The Doors, but The Beatles are amazing in a whole other right.

Youre right. The doors never got to mess with sailor sam. The doors never had a GOAT album.

True, only paul was capable of writing a GOAT song and slipping in possibly the cringest lyrics of all time. But then again, there hasnt been a GOAT album since band on the run.

Grateful Dead and 13th Floor Elevators both have a way better version of this

Also OP, the only thing that makes The Doors good is an incredible organ player and the typical cool guy front man

The Doors at their best were better than the Beatles, but the Doors really couldn't keep their initial quality up for long. They didn't really progress in style in any meaningful way either, unlike the Beatles.

I think they were definitely on par with the beatles. Definitely the greatest band from California.

I love The Doors, but I think the Beatles are better and certainly not 1000 times worse.