Today, I'm listening to the entire discography of Animal Collective, including the EP's and studio albums...

Today, I'm listening to the entire discography of Animal Collective, including the EP's and studio albums. I've heard most of them, I think it's mostly the EP's, Danse Manatee and Painting With I still haven't heard. This is gonna be fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/audiointerface
youtube.com/watch?v=tC-0yVR6uSI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

have fun user. danse and painting woth are great albums.

thanks

Just listened to STHGSTHV, my most listened to Animal Collective album, (atleast that's what last.fm says) it's great. Fave tracks: Spirit They've Gone, Alvin Row, Bat You'll Fly

here's my last.fm if you want to follow my listening live: last.fm/user/audiointerface

Have fun, they have a great and varied discography
Anyone else think AnCo gets a way worse rep than they should due to overexposure? I feel like they always deserved to be a cult band, but just got way more popular than they should have due to P4K BNMs - if they hadn't been so massively hyped by the late 2000s hipster crowd, they would be widely regarded as the best psych group of the century
Anyway OP, you planning on listening to the solo stuff and side projects too? Maybe check out Jane and Terrestrial Tones if you haven't yet

>untitled is not one of the favourites
It's ok. At least you like the album. That alone makes you a patrician

I'll be sticking to just studio albums and EP's but yeah, I think I'll listen to them too. I have heard Pullhair Rubeye, Person Pitch, Young Prayer and Eucalyptys. Panda Bear's self-titled debut seems interesting.

Nah man they got hyped when they went full "electro"

Since MPP it's been mostly synths. Same thing like Radiohead they won't go back to a rock album to maintain the velocity they are reaching

I like pretty much everything on the album, untitled is still a pretty good track, it's just not as good as the mentioned tracks.

Alrighty, that was kinda weird. Atleast, I liked some of it and some of those yells and sounds we're kinda interesting and the chaotic and unexpected style was also..cool. But holy shit, The Living Toys was awful, totally shattered my ears. The track names are also fun.

Fave tracks: A Manatee Dance, Penguin Penguin, Meet the Light Child, Throwin' the Round Ball

It grows better with time

Yeah, I forgot to add in the post that it will require several more listens

I liked the longwinded and almost acapella feel, super minimalistic. Also that transition from Pride and Fight to Forest Gospel, whew. Will listen to it again.

Fave tracks: Pride and Fight, Forest Gospel, Tell It To the Mountain

wow, that's a great blog! hope you'll kill yourself :D

this
fuckin neo mu

Just felt like making a thread documenting my listen of AnCo's discography user

I liked how simple it was and all but kinda boring, turned to background noise a little bit

Fave tracks: Doggy, Moo Rah Rah Rain

The instruments and textures are great, also the dynamics of Three Ships on A Sound and Slippi are amazing. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first time in April.

Fave tracks: Native Belle, Three Ships on A Sound, Slippi

Now this was really good. I knew from previous listens that there we're good songs but holy shit. I love the aesthetic, production, style, vocals. Really good.

Fave tracks: Pretty much everything except probably The Softest Voice

ranked anco album from best to worst user

Sounds similar to Sung Tongs, it's also only 15 minutes so it's an enjoyable and a nice listen. I also liked the singer. Pretty comfy and enjoyable,

Fave tracks: It's You, Prospect Hummer

I wouldn't have an attention span to listen all of that in one sitting

A return to a more maximalist sound after Prospect and ST, appreciate it. Some of this album is very lush and mellow but it kinda fell to the background for me sometimes, but when I concentrated, it was really good. I feel that I would like this so much more after I listen to it a couple times. The singing on Turn Into Something is amazing.

Fave tracks: Did You See the Words, Turn Into Something, Banshee Beat

I read that this EP is Feels leftovers and it feels (no pun intented) like it, it's not a problem though because this is a pretty short but stellar set of tracks, Tikwid has fantasic drums and singing and the live version of People has some intensity. Pretty good.

So when did you realize they were shit
I did in STGSTV

It's better than 90% of threads currently. Don't be such an asshole.

>openly admitting you're a pleb

>I also liked the singer
Listen to Vashti Bunyan

I will

When you're done, listen to something that isn't trash.

When I first began occasionally listening to Animal Collective in beginning of the year, it was really hard to get into this album, I always liked Peacebone but the rest just flew over my head. recently, I've listened to this album a lot, even maybe to the point of slightly getting bored of it, still a fantastic album.

Fave track: Pretty much everything

Suggest something lol

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Well only a retard would go against that, but STGSTV is still incredible.

GASP actual music discussion on the music board

A nice little EP featuring Strawberry Jam leftovers, nothing else to really say. The title track is great

Fave Tracks: Water Curses, Street Flash

i'd say some of their best stuff is scattered around on various EPs.

you are in for a treat.

bump

OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA

Fave tracks: In The Flowers, My Girls, Brother Sport, Summertime Clothes, Bluish

excited to see what you have to say about Painting With OP

This has a kind of similar style to MPP as in they're both spaceous, sample/loopbased and feature mostly Panda Bear in vocals but this is one of the most unique releases I've heard from Animal Collective, it sounds nothing like they've done, sounds different from even MPP, the second track sounds like..Coldplay or something (still a great track, it's mostly the vocals)

Fave tracks: Glaze, What Would I Want? Sky

But they are regarded as the best psych group of the century. What other modern psych band is more praised?

Nice and daring move to switch MPP to this hectic, layered sound. Interesting textures and instruments, Avey chances up his vocals time to time and Rosie Oh has a pretty funky bass line, I also like Deakin's singing on Wide Eyed. Let's hope they feature him again someday. The screaming on Moonjock is also fantastic.

Fave tracks: Moonjock, Today's Supernatural, Rosie Oh, Applesauce, Amanita

This was the first AC album I wasn't really into. Many of the songs felt sort of hollow for me despite the high energy that they had.

I'm excited to see the face of defeat/disgust

This, I'm at the corner of my seat.

On Delay is a really underrated song.
The vocals and piano are sublime.

I've heard a LOT of negativity on this album but it wasn't that bad, just kinda underwhelming. To be hones, like several people I miss the sonic mayhem too. Now I just mostly heard tandem vocals and goofy effects and stuff. I hope they go to a different direction with their next album.

Forgot:

Fave tracks: FloriDada, Hocus Pocus, The Burglars

Feels similar to Painting With, although it features decent tracks.

Fave tracks: Kinda Bonkers, Jimmy Mack

did you watch oddsac, op?

Do this! End with a bang OP.

Where can I watch it?

Listen to Meeting of the Waters, also Traverse Temporal Gyrus and end with

youtube.com/watch?v=tC-0yVR6uSI

MPP is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. The songs are great on their own and all but when you put them all together, it's just fucking amazing

From favorite to least favorite: MPP, SJ, Feels, STGSTV, DM, CHz, PW, ST, MOTW

Sorry but I'll skip, I have listened to AnCo non-stop and it's time to have a break.

I like that they returned to a more folkier and experimental sound but it kinda underwhelmed me, still some decent tracks.

Fave tracks: Selection of a Place

Now this has been fun, thank you all for participating in this thread and thanks to myself for having patience for lisetening to this all. I might actually do this a other time, does anybody have recs? I was thinking of Swans myself, probably next month. Will make a thread for it when it happens.

bump

Personal opinion, I think Animal Collective have a real interesting outlook on sound and songwriting. I feel they may use the theory of phonetic organization to compose their very visceral and ritualistic atmospheres. Anyways personal fav list
STGSTV - The morose and somberness mixed with harsh noise I dig
Danse Manatee - I find it fun for what it is
Hollindagain - Is dope as fuck, harsh and abrasive almost like weird post hardcore
Campfire Songs - Cosy as fuck, I really like Doggy. Learnt the entire album on guitar, it's pretty sweet
HCTI - I relate it to Holinndagain, more refined and some peak moments in their discography
Sung Tongs - I save for my Winter cutie :(
Prospect Hummer - Is all right I dig Vashti Bunyan she's really cute which jells with I guess the whole anco cutie ting
Feels - Is dope and rich and sad and shit
People - Short and sweet
Strawberry Jam - Is their most cohesive and best I say
Watercurses - Has banging beats
MPP - Is good just filler sometimes but the listening cycles are good
Hz - Gets hate but I really dig it, the "jump the shark" album?
PW - Is fun to listen to, again don't get the hate, in fact some of the vocal tracks are the best in their discog
The Painters - Is dope, I like the Martha n Vandellas cover
Meeting of the Waters - Is relaxation through and through legit listen in bath
ODDSAC - Is great to watch and the music accompanied is actually some of Anco's best. Watch on shrooms/acid/weed or like DMT i guess. All get a sick outcome, especially Geo in that suit
Ain't listened to TTG :(

Great opinions user, how would you rank them?

Ranks don't matter man, just listen to the music

MotW is so underrated

I guess you're right, just curious

do panda bear

I met Avey one time, he's a chill dude. Caught him outside the venue Anco we're playing at. Saw Panda and Geo by the tour bus but they we're just kinda fucking around and shit. Avey looked like he wanted people to come and say hi, but when I went over, he's just an awkward talented manlet. I still think he's cute though. Nice guy.

I have listened to Person Pitch and Young Prayer, I guess I'll listen to the rest. Probably next week? Been meaning to check out the side projects.

Cool story user, you're a lucky guy