In philosophy

>In philosophy
>Professor asks me about the meaning of life
>Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a certain quote from MC Ride
>"Life is fucking meaningless so just do whatever crazy shit you want"
>Professor looks stunned, class gives me a round of applause

Anyone else had music lyrics help them in real life?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvinism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Something similar happened to me but I quoted this instead

basrf

>In astrophysics
>Professor jokes about how physics has made him a god
>Clench my fist with anger, stand up and refer to a statement from Deakin
>"From the cradle to the grave, each individual pays for the sin of not being God. That's why life is an uninterrupted religious crisis, superficial for believers, shattering for doubters."
>Professor apologizes, girls whisper about my mysterious self

>nihilism
Not even once
Even without an objective meaning to life, in which there is none, the meaning of life is what you make it.

By all accounts, we're here to do nothing.

Life doesn't fucking matter. God is nothing. Read a book. Nietzsche Death of God and Beyond Good & Evil. Listen to Death Grips. You will no longer fear death. If you can't contribute, if you have nothing, if you're not happy, just fuck it, get out of town. Nobody will care, it doesn't matter once you die and it all fades to black. Perception will no longer exist, feelings will no longer exist, guilt won't exist, the only thing that will exist is everlasting nothingness, and in everlasting nothingness you have everlasting peace.

This is pasta, right?

its true shit

Whatever meaning you have been defending with these ironic posts has been lit up and turned to ash by the amount of time you've spent in its defense.

Nihilism is a cancer to the Western world.
Same with atheism.

>this whole post
Wew, assuming you're not being ironic, there is a difference between an objective and subjective meaning of life.
We both agree that there is no objective meaning to life, however this doesn't mean you can mope around and want to die.
Your life can last ~60-70 years out of the 13.8 billion years the universe has been around, so even though you're not here for a set purpose, is that a bad thing? Is it bad to not be enslaved by some goal that has been set for you?
It's more of an opportunity than something to sit around and be a sad faggot about. You have an opportunity to do whatever you want with your life and set forth something that's meaningful for YOU, pursue what you enjoy without intruding upon those of others.

how's your first day on Sup Forums newfriends

>"The Second Religiousness appears as a harbinger of the decline of mature Civilization into an ahistorical state. The Second Religiousness occurs concurrently with Caesarism, the final political constitution of Late Civilization. Caesarism is the rise of an authoritarian ruler, a new 'emperor' akin to Caesar or Augustus, taking the reins in reaction to a decline in creativity, ideology and energy after a culture has reached its high point and become a civilization.[15] Both the Second Religiousness and Caesarism demonstrate the lack of youthful strength or creativity that the Early Culture once possessed. The Second Religiousness is simply a rehashing of the original religious trend of the Culture."

I was going to make a joke about existential nihilism, but what's the fucking point?

>Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge
>You may not know the hardships people don't speak of
>It's best to step back, and observer with couth
>For we all must meet our moment of truth

Nihilism isn't good, but it's the only conclusion of a rational mind, and it's impossible to put the cork back in the bottle. You can delude yourself with a sense of purpose for a time, but it will collapse eventually, leaving you feeling even worse than before.

wew lad. you might want to get some therapy if you're really feeling like this and not just memeing

Want some ice for that burn?
God damn, nevermind, I can't bring you the necessary amount. It would cost too much to ship you the entirety of Antarctica.

>>"Life is fucking meaningless so just do whatever crazy shit you want"
>round of applause
>university
HYPOCRITES

Why do you need a sense of purpose in order to be happy? Isn't "fuck it" a great philosophy in a sense of being freeing?

guru what the fuck i thought you were dead

I always thought Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy answered the meaning of life question.

man is what he makes himself out to be

if you seriously find no reason in life then you might as well not exist, better go and kill yourself instead of wasting the universal space with your useless presence

ayy kids these days

>all the implied free will itt
topkek

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Fuck off retard.

>In philosophy
>Professor asks me about the meaning of life
>Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a certain quote from Ringo Starr
>"Life is fucking meaningless so just spread peace and love"
>Class breaks into a rendition of "Oh My My" and dances off into the sunset

When you casually tell people to kill themselves then you're a nihilist.
Free will and lack there of are mental concepts.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Death Grips. The music is extremely challenging, and without a solid grasp of experimental music most of the songs will go over a typical listener's head. There's also MC Ride's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this music, to realize that they're not just aggressive - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Death Grips truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the passion in MC Ride's existencial catchphrase "BLOBLOBLO HOTHEAD" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as MC Ride's genius unfolds itself on their speakers. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Death Grips tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

you first

nihilist fedora or big dg fan?

the crazy shit I want to do is go to uni fuck yeah bitch YUH

>Free will and lack there of are mental concepts.
so is nihilism if "purpose" can only be grasped retrospectively as you die

Enjoy your life and stop listening to a magical fairytale Jewish skyman. You won't regret it, trust me.

He's still with us in spirit, above the clouds

Not even sure what you're trying to say, but the fact that you associate you're view of existence with fashion trends shows how little respect you have for the seriousness of life.

People are gonna make fun of you and call your post "edgy" like the nu-males they are but that's absolutely correct.

Fucking cringe
sage

I'd like to believe this happened.

lmao, this is what I think of when I think about "white priveledge". I'm white too and I'm well off, but this whole "meaning to life" and "everything happens for a reason" shit is is made up by and for priveledged white people.

Go tell this shit to a child sex slave in Africa, or god knows who else. You wont, because you know it's all bullshit. Do what you want with life, but were here for nothing. Evolution of life doesn't care about your dreams.

>like the nu-males they are
ironic

>"everything happens for a reason"
it literally does tho

You clearly misunderstood my post since that was quite the exact opposite of what I said

When people say it, they're often implying that the reason is Jesus

Even as a non-DG fan I can tell you're trying too hard

prove it

yeah but who gives a shit about Africa. European and Asian people have come this far with science and technology, should we just say "lol fuck it, nothing matters, let's just give up now" or keep going? All animals evolve or adapt to the nature, and we have almost outevolved nature itself, it's just how it is. Maybe everything is pointless, but that doesn't stop evolution and progress, which are are a natural objective and instinct.

scientific reason or spiritual?

>should we just say "lol fuck it, nothing matters, let's just give up now" or keep going?

this isn't what I'm suggesting at all, no idea what makes you think that. Life is pointless, but that doesn't mean I'm suggesting we just stop what were all doing. We don't need a "purpose of life" to just live it and evolve.

this is a forced meme stop bumping this thread you fucking faggots

no

Both, they're not exclusive to each other

lmao, what's it like turning 18 years old and thinking you have it all figured out?

Op is a badass fuck yall

420 get nice...gonna toke in ops honor

When did this 'life is fucking meaningless meme take off?' I have been living under a rock I guess

that's not even a real quote.

you just did by replying

And obama was there

no I didn't.

That's what nihilism is retard

>Listening to Socrates speak
>He asks me if he's the wisest man in Athens
>Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a quote from The Oracle at Delphi
>"There is no man wiser than Socrates"
>Meletus and Anytus and look stunned, Socrates give me a round of applause

nah that's existentialism

No it's not
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism

You should read The Stranger.

>Cut to the end of the semester.
>Professor stamps F on your paper with the force of peak-era Dolph Lundgren.

more like trash

scientific; sure its just repackaging hard determinism but that framework is a fair refutation of nihilisms endless rumination on choices, sprinkle in some sisyphus and ""meaningful" "work"" and you're set, all while being aware that youre destined to believe this instead of nihilism

>critique this and ruin my life
>pro tip: causality is law

And that professor's name? Albert Einstein

Why do I come to these threads when I know it'll trigger my death anxiety and ruin my day.

>You want spiritual?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvinism

This tbqh

Nah, the tao will recycle you. One is all, nothingness as it is has nothing to do with it. Existance is punched from a hole in the fabric of nothing. They are the same thing.

Then I turned myself into a pickle

His name? PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

Read the bible, boy

bump

Nietzsche was NOT a fucking nihilist you brainlets

who /camus/ here?

I, for one, Love Anthony Fantano