What is your opinion on listening to music with studio monitors?

What is your opinion on listening to music with studio monitors?

Some people are against it, some people believe it is the true and best way? Who is right?

I use my bx8s for casual listening and also production purposes. I dont see why anyone would be against that.

Why would anyone be against it? Using headphones should only be done if you don't have any other options

It's pretty gay and a waste of money but idk i dont want my mommy to die

I think that if your hobby is mixing and/or recording you should get monitors anyway, and since they are dang good why'd you not listen to music with 'em? Though I think it's kind of a waste of money to go out your way and get them just to listen to music.
I actually know an
audio engineer who, when he finishes mixing, gets in his car, plugs in the USB and start listening there. He swears it's the best way to listen to a mix... so I guess whatever, if you think it makes a change go for it.

1) what is a studio monitor
2) gotta save my mom

don't care

It sucks never do it, don't get krks they trash

Headphones should only be worn for production purposes, only poorfags use them for actually listening to things.

The only real way to hear music is to have a proper surround stereo setup, with you in the middle, looking in the center between two speakers and focusing your concentration on absorbing music. Anything else is pleb shit.

listening in a car is one of the best ways to listen to a mix, cause the speakers surround the car all the way and you can hear where each sound is coming from

They're speakers with a flatter response than consumer-grade speakers, meaning that they will play audio back closer to how it's actually represented without boosting or attenuating various frequencies as much

gdga

This is the most reddit image I've seen in a long while
Please fuck off back there

No, you are trash

I've never bothered but I don't want my mom to die so here's your (you)

It's literally how the album was tracked, mixed, and mastered. Not worth the money for most, but I don't see why you'd be against it.

no i'm not

Oh

When I've had material professionally recorded, its good to try as many different outputs as possible just to work out how it'll sound differently. large monitors are a good way of getting an accurate read on the mix, but its just as important to listen through shitty apple headphones so that it sounds good across the board. If it sounds great through the monitors but sounds like shit on the average pair of headphones, who's gonna want to listen to it?

Immunity dogs are a myth

ok here

do these posts renew when you read them again? replying just in case- don't want mom to die....

fuck

how is jacking off better than gettin your dick sucked?

They're supposed to get progressively dumber I guess

I rather jerk off

ii

fuck you