Why does metal appeal to manchildren so much?

Why does metal appeal to manchildren so much?

I have a completely unrelated question, what genre of music do you enjoy?

Everyone has their preferred form of escapism, for manchildren its metal.

It lets them feel masculine through proxy. Also notice how far removed metalheads are from other music fans. It's a giant hugbox where they can jerk each other off. The moment you insult their favorite genre you'll see them get passive aggressive

There are still some good metal albums :)

Why does indie appeal to manchildren so much?

>people listen to metal to feel masculine

can we end this fucking stupid ass meme

It's incredibly embarrassing when my brother blasts his metal music. I don't know if it's considered shitty in actual metal circles or not but the crap he plays is just the whiniest shit I've ever heard. It's like, "my parents failed me and now I'm listening to this schlock" in musical form. He's 25 so it's extra extra bad.

And yeah I'm not acting like my parents didn't fail me either, but still.

I used to listen to shitty metal when I was like 13-14, it makes me cringe that I still see people in their mid 20s listening to shit like A7X, Metallica and Tool. I think it's just that it feels tough and cool and not shitty pop or rap, these are the only genres that exist for these people: classic rock, metal, pop and rap

For many it's not escapism, quite the contrary: the uncovered representation of the psychic catastrophe and the grimness of human life, which can be embraced and dealt with in a form of music.

>A7X, Metallica and Tool
these are barely metal, except for early metallica

Why does hip hop appeal to children so much?

explain this then

why does pop appeal to plebs and waifufags
why does rock appeal to dads
why does rap appeal to teens and black people
why does indie folk appeal to girls and hipsters
why are you such a cumguzzling faggot

it's one of the best baits ever, still get replies more than one year after it's creation

I wonder what kind of music you listen to?

Probably because it's the genre whose MUSIC (not the lyrical themes or w/e) entails empowerment more so than any other kind of music regardless of genre.

Everyone knows that rap is the epitomal manchild genre

-simple rhythm with no complex melody
-repetitive words "lyrics"
basically sesame street with explicit content warning

I listen to... a bit of everything

I think those two post explain Sup Forums's problem with metal pretty well
you don't know metal, you know mallcore, nu-metal and thrash metal bands after they sold out
and when Sup Forums is confronted with real metal, most love it (even if right now it's just burzum and black sabbath)

They are the kind of ones who aren't very expressive themselves so they try to listen to music that expresses their 'inner rage' or some kind of shit, they desperately want people to pay attention to their feelings

metal is for children.

because it's edgy and it scares soccer moms which is what 16yos trying to show the world how mature they are for finally dropping diapers want

if they keep being metalheads after becoming 21yo they're just mentally ill and never grew up. Their whole lives are based on their desperation to show their moms how badass and independent they are because they're miserable and extremely insecure but they haven't been exposed to real life so they think black clothes with spikes, blood and skulls are the darkest shit ever

That's an accurate description of US mallcore fans.

>It's a giant hugbox where they can jerk each other off.
but it's the exact opposite
it's a constant subgenre war
this thread, on the other hand, is an echo chamber

they are also delusional and go 'yeah even though i'm obviously a tough manly guy i still have feelings guys look at my deep side' lol

Tet

>they are also delusional
everyone has feelings inside you absolute nimrod

why does music appeal to manchildren so much

this is interesting. What is every genres stereotypical listeners?

because they haven't yet become brainless aging pieces of crap?

I love listening to metal, not because I am vicariously enjoying a power fantasy, but rather in that I enjoy observing its purview of impotence compensation to better clarify my loftiness.

Genres I like: intellectual, muscular and attractive young men
Genres I don't like: nu males, manchildren, cucks

>nu males, manchildren, cucks
it's like a verbal tic or something

if this wasnt pasta before it is now

is it.. anything but country and rap?

metal albums are so regularly cringy

album covers*

I should've included "cringy" and "losers" as well now that I think about it

There are few things that are such clear indicators of arrogant ignorance as contemptuous dismissiveness and derision of things you don't understand.

Why does metal appeal to nu-males so much?

Hello females

>studying mechanical engineering
>save for 1 or 2, all the top of the class kids love power, melodic or classical metal

really gets my noggin joggin

(no, seriously, is it just them being musical normies? only the ones REALLY into music branch out)

>tfw no qt stem intellectual/power metal longhair bf
(yes homo)