How do I come out as an atheist to my family?

How do I come out as an atheist to my family?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FexaQOvlDp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How old are you, and what religion is your family?

Graduate middle school first.

Say, hey fam im gay.. then say, lol jk... fr tho god is a lie.
if they care about atheism they're probably fag haters right?

Just keep your mouth shut because no one cares as much as you

I am 19 and they're Christians

what sect

Show them your fedora

orthodox

This guy is right.
The only reason to actually come out is either to seem like an edgelord, or because you're retarded

If you are 19 then just them.

I would ask what the point in telling them is?

I tried to tell my parents thinking it would let me get out of going to church w them. I was 13. NOPE I got more church and shunned for about 6 months before my parents calmed down. It wasn't worth it for me. I thought they'd just leave me at home but I was just force fed more Christ Dick. Are your parents more pacifist or aggressive type?

sitting down and like declaring you're an atheist is retarded. if you really want them to know, just wait until a religious topic comes up, and give an answer that subtly isn't in line with religious thinking and go from there.making a big deal about it is dumb always.

i weep for you OP

Just tell them, shut up, then take the beating, you fedora faggot.

Just wait until you're independent
This
But honestly if you're in the U.S. it shouldn't fucking matter. Literal "grab em by the pussy" President. There are no standards. You should be able to say whatever the fuck you want, at school, work anywhere. Freedom of speech

Just don't, you'll out grow it in a few years

>How do I come out as an atheist to my family?
youtube.com/watch?v=FexaQOvlDp8

they'll just give you a hard time. Keep your mouth shut and just avoid the topic with them. If the topic ever comes up you can be honest about it but most people have misconceptions about what atheism is and the fedoras haven't helped that at all so you're best off keeping labels out of it and just stick with the discussion.

Lol "come out" as an atheist. No one gives a shit what you believe.

Ooh.. good luck.
I'd imagine you should just be honest that you are not convinced by religion, but make sure you let them know you respect their faith and beliefs.

If your parents are hardcore christians then keep it a secret when you get your own place to stay and have a job

"Everyone raise your hands if your son believes in God. Not so fast, Dad."

Its easy.

Explain that their religion is as absurd as Islam. Yahweh is every bit as retarded as Allah.

My parents were pissed off when I told them I was an atheist. They carried on for years before they finally mellowed out. It's kind of a big deal in some families

That depends my friend. Are you an atheist because you're a fucking edgelord that just wants to argue with someone about what the choose to believe in and shit all over what you perceive as a lack of intelligence from them? Or are you an atheist because the idea of practicing a religion doesn't interest or concern you and mostly generates apathy?

If you're the former, I would suggest smearing your face and body with your own feces, stamping around the living room, and challenging them to debate you. If you're the later, why would you even feel the need to bring it up at all?

>Find a sharpie
>Write on your dick "God is not real"
>Stick sharpie in pooper
>Wait for family dinner
>Naked
>Run in helicoptering schlong
>"PARENTAL UNITS, AM ATHIEST
>Diarrhea shit on table
>Proceed to masturbate using shit as lube
>Stare mother in eyes
>Splooge the largest load you have ever squished out of your belly stick
>Lands on moms pussy
>Mom has baby
>Incest is wincest
>Start a inbred family with webbed toes
>fuck kids
>Profit

Steal all the money they have.
Tell them you are an atheist now
If they react badly, run away with money
If they don't go to walmart buy some car oil and go fuck yourself

Don't, if you still live at home you'll probably be disowned and hated by everyone in your family tree.
If you have your own crib, sure, but why? Cause unnecessrey tension, for what reason?

tell them you are a Jemima's Witness now
anytime you're in church try to convert everyone

>How do I come out as an atheist to my family?
Don't. Just ignore religious discussions and events. Pretend it doesn't really exist, because it has no place in your life.

I was brought up in a home with zero religion and never think about it unless my opinions are asked.

As long as you aren't the militant fedora neck-beard classic fag, then just say it isn't part of your life like sports or dance aren't part of others lives.

Pretty much this. If you don't believe in it, you shouldnt have a need to bring it up

Watch Jordan Peterson and gain a non-religious secular view on the great old myths.

Stop watching Rick and Morty and then see what you believe.

If you're not being a fucking drone, just tell them.