Standard religion bait thread. Why do muhfeels love their morally and physically absent god...

Standard religion bait thread. Why do muhfeels love their morally and physically absent god? Besides your own personal experiences (but post them anyway because I like how they're always bullshit) what logical reasons do you have for believing in a higher power?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_xYfdTNkmGE
theverge.com/2016/6/2/11837874/elon-musk-says-odds-living-in-simulation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because asshole like you dont - therefore it must be true.

The "You Are An Asshole Teleological" argument.

shameless bump of self

Stfu you will hate a jew but take up for a muslim in a second without realizing. Too stupid to understand that? Hypocrite.

>LOGical

Are you a moron? I never mentioned any religion in particular. I wouldn't take up for a muslim or a jew who actually practiced what their holy texts teach.

How about just being cool with the idea that it's an ancient code of morality. Something dudes following the atheist religion don't get, you have no standing to be moral faggot, and if I didn't have jesus i would fuck you up just like back in high school pussy.

>ancient code of morality

The reason why I'm not cool with it.

>atheist religion

An antithesis of religion, not a religion itself.

>if I didn't have jesus

Your shitpost exemplifies the morally bankrupt fuckwits who need religion to be good.

Go to sleep

Give me a modern reason to be moral. If your not cool with your ancients, you know the reason you are here those who fought and died for there family which became your neet ass.

>>An antithesis of religion, not a religion itself.

Your religion is the most easiest to troll.

>>Your shitpost exemplifies the morally bankrupt fuckwits who need religion to be good.

EXACTLY! we need at least like a sliver of a reason not to be cunts. Because trust me TRUST ME I Wish that doubt wasn't there that i might not go to hell cause i would have so much fun before i died otherwise.

Religion is beautiful. Has a very rich history. But like everything it too has its dark side

Atheism is mainly ugly including the majority of atheists. I would hate to be included in such an eyesore.

Agnostic master race. We actually get laid and are more popular.

>LOGical

fpbp
if atheism was the best path, it wouldn't be crowded with degenerates and faggots
so many faggots who are boastful atheists
we know you by your fruits

hurr durr, spaghetti monster, hurr durr, people of faith are dumb, hurr derp spend all my time disproving and looking down on religious people

How about mind your own business and get on with your own life

>Atheism
>Agnostic
You're either trolling, or don't have a firm understanding of what those words mean.

You can be a
Agnostic Theist
Agnostic Atheist
or a
Gnostic Theist
Gnostic Atheist

>youtube.com/watch?v=_xYfdTNkmGE

nobody's forcing you to go to church, just as this "higher power" doesn't need you to justify its existence; whether or not you need that higher power is what matters

Hurr durr you retards are as bad as the gender pro-noun retards.

atheism is just a religion for stupid people who weren't raised going to church, atheism doesn't exclude you from being a fanatical zealot that get's all preachy and bible-thumpy

Well no, It's just the fancy word to discern between the hard and soft positions:

>There is a God
>There could / could not be a God, but i'm convinced there is

>There is no God
>There could / could not be a God, but i'm convinced there isn't

Jesus give me strength.

Do you accept mathematics?

Is it more probable that we will be the first to create simulations of reality? or that we are living in a simulation?

I'm just defining terms user, I'm not going to argue the brain in a vat fallacy with you.

not that guy but you need proof to make those claims, otherwise you're just theorizing

probability isn't an argument in this case

Guise if i didn't have magic sky daddy to control me who would?
Kek

here are a few modern reasons to be moral:
1.Empathy
2.Its the law
3.Don't do something you wouldn't want done to you
4.People like you more
5.Its easier to get along in society

How can you not see these reasons? The religious argument that atheists have no moral background is an argument of pure ignorance and if you thought about it you would see how stupid it is.

>>probability isn't an argument in this case

Why? There's no proof for god or against why can't we use probability?

>Haha yes I liked “I FUCKING love science” page on normiebook and I watch Rick and Morty I have such a wide understanding of science from molecular biology to quantum physics xD

sounds to me like you guys got shut down.

Religion is just a form of social control used to control an uneducated public through teaching morals through storytelling. Anything beyond considering that text as stories is pure bullshit

> I have such a wide understanding of science from molecular biology to quantum physics
Some of us actually do

Because we only have one Universe, you have no others to compare it to. The chances of you and I being born and having this conversation are astronomical, but you have 1 instance of it happening, and Zero of it not. Assertion of probability isn't an argument.

1.Really Empathy? lol
2.Something based off religion yeah good one.
3.I don't want to suck a dick but want mine sucked.
4.Who the fuck goes through life only caring about being 'liked'?
5.That's just not true. It's sooooo much easier to get along without morality, i just don't get why you woudn't be able to see that.

Your only reasons are that society is constructed this way(through religion) as reasons to be moral.

>There's no proof for god or against why can't we use probability?

because you there is no useful data, probability as an argument only works when there is useful data to calculate said probability

your probability that god might exist is based on absolutely zero data, the only probability that a god might exist is based on the fact that we don't have any data at all, so it makes relying on probability in the case useless

with this level of data we can make any sort of wild claim that something might exist, your imagination becomes irrational number in this equation

>atheists
>smart

huh? so you don't believe in probability and mathematics by extension.

>>Because we only have one Universe, you have no others to compare it to.

Do you know that? or are you taking it on faith?

I’m not saying all atheists are larping scientist, but the person who made this “meme” certainly is.

.Don't do something you wouldn't want done to you
>3.I don't want to suck a dick but want mine sucked.
Funny thing is, I think the bible actually puts it the other way around, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

IS IT MORE LIKLEY WE ARE THE ONLY ONES TO CREATE SIMULATIONS OR ARE SIMULATED!
learn to read faggot.
Your religion belief in there not being a god, is still faith.

no useful data

try to refrain from becoming too emotional

Atheists are so bad at critical thinking.

suggesting that something might exist in a particular situation with some/incomplete data can be considered critical thinking

but what you're doing is just patronizing the imagination

and no I'm not an atheist, I don't even care about what other people believe, I'm just trying to convey that your argument is irrational

It's more like there are three of us who don't want to argue worn out old fallacy's with a person who thinks Atheism / Science is a religion, 'faith' is a pathway to truth, and meanwhile doesn't understand the fundamentals of the words (a)Gnostic and (A)Theist.

When people are this delusional / irrational it's time to walk away

Inb4 he flames this post with another fallacy, He's up to 'Brain in a vat' and 'probability', I'm guessing 'universe from nothing' is next, 'Morality from God' is being used I think by another user.

There are no people religious people on Sup Forums, only trolls :)

Well, I don't know mane. Human beings are hopeful beings by nature and religion IS the easiest manifestation of said desire of hope. I personally don't identify with any "mainstream" (or any other retarded term you want to use) religion. I believe (yes, BELIEVE instead of KNOW because I have no confirmation aside of my faith) in what I consider a spectator creator. I believe that God or whatever did not specifically created everything, but instead, put into motion the series of events that resulted in the creation of everything. For example, the Big Bang could have been an occurrence caused by God messing around with stuff. But as I said, he is not only creator, but also limited by the title of spectator, which implies he doesn't directly influence what happens. The frequency of his involvement could be anywhere from sometimes to not at all. After all, the basis of Christianity is the concept of free will. We can do whatever we want, but have to attain to the consequences later. The common threat is what we call hell, which some depict as a place of eternal suffering and pain. But if you're dead, and your soul is just ethereal essence, how can you physically suffer? That's why I consider that hell is actually the absence of God for all eternity, since being away for all eternity from the only light of hope we all aspire to reach all our lives would be, from my perspective, the worst of punishments. Sorry if I rambled too much xD.

>>Assuming that mathematical probability is just imagination.

You know Einstein came up with the theory of relativity and special relativity with incomplete data sets, stop being so autistic.

You walk away from debate's a lot i bet.

>directly influence what happens
Then he is indistinguishable from a God that doesn't exist

-Your talking about 'Deism', which is the most worthless position to be in. It's a cowardly half way between belief and non-belief.

>Deism is a form of Monotheism in which it is believed that one God exists, but that this God does not intervene in the world, or interfere with human life and the laws of the universe.

It's human nature to have something to look up to, methinks. Christfag here, btw.

>You know Einstein came up with the theory of relativity and special relativity with incomplete data sets

indeed he did, but he did so with useful data, he didn't just assert that relativity "might exist" because "it's possible"

this is what you're doing essentially

You are a member of the most dangerous and murderous religion ever to exist, government. Fuck off autist.

Because perfect God (Allah) revealed perfect book (Koran) to perfect Moslem (Mohammed) with perfect message for all mankind.
>It clearly says so right in the Koran

Yes he did you idiot. He didn't KNOW he was right, he used MATHEMATICS and assumed.

>He didn't KNOW he was right, he used USEFUL DATA and DETERMINED

there i fixed it for you

and that useful data was...?????

That's because science is descriptive not proscriptive.
It's our best explanation of the observable universe, it makes no proclamations of truth.

But what's more is you're setting up a false equivalence fallacy

>Mathematics are true
>Einstein used Mathematics
>God is probably real

>it makes no proclamations of truth.
funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks user

a culmination of mathmatical data extracted from direct observation of celestial events by hundreds of peers over decades of research

you didn't honestly think that one single person divined relativity all by himself, he was a smart guy but the whole system in which he operated was propped up long before he was born

Atheist here. I'm moral because of my understanding of human suffering, I don't want anyone to suffer and I don't want anarchy or the type of world described in revelations or the Kali Yuga so I think everyone should have a moral compass. Nihilism is more dangerous and prevalent in modern society than atheism. If Christianity gives you peace of mind then good for you. I just hope you don't honestly expect an afterlife because an afterlife would require a type of physics that there's no peoof of

>Mathematics are true
>Einstein used Mathematics
>We have the ability to create simulations
>We are less likely to be the first to create simulations
>We then likely live in a simulation
>God is probably real

Fixed that for you.

Well I'm worthless indeed. As worthless as any other human being in this planet. If elephants walked around thinking constantly about all the ants they are utterly crushing under they feet (huh, do elephant "feet" have an specific term like paw or something) they would die of stress. Why should a literally omnipotent, omnipresent, unending, all-reaching, all-powerful being bother itself with us? If he does is because he cares, but if he doesn't is because he doesn't even exist? Is like when you kill a cockroach. You don't necessarily do it because you explicitly hate them or because they are dirty or propagate diseases, etc. It could be only one of those, all of those, or a combination of all of them. And no one can REALLY communicate with God so no one can confirm how he feels and his intentions. So if he is either too powerful or too careless to interfere with us in any meaningful way, why should We even bother to care about him? That's why I'm not thinking about God 24/7. I just acknowledge his possible existence (I can see how that makes me worthless you got that right lol) and keep going on with my life. Also, Pic unrelated, I don't think you are edgy at all, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just ran out of WH40K memes. My folder got erased accidentally :c

So, you didn't read your Bible today?

The cognitive dissonance in you dude's is just wow. So Math wasn't used? that's all i'm defending Math.

You're just a cuck. You don't want a ouchy world.

ITT Insecure teens try to convince themselves that they aren't totally worthless virgins and fail badly

Nice try at a moral equivalency argument.

>We are less likely to be the first to create simulations
Assertion, you have no way to demonstrate this
>We then likely live in a simulation
>God is probably real

This might be the 10th time in this thread several anons have pointed this out to you.

All atheist are pedophiles , you have a loli folder don't you

>moral equivalency
I don't think you know what those words mean, at no point was my remark about morality. I think your just trying to be smart by copy pasting > false equivalence fallacy
^Which is a real thing

>a culmination of mathmatical data
>So Math wasn't used?

>The cognitive dissonance in you dude's is just wow

you know I can agree with you on that
you're black aren't you

Wow you autist must be smarter then Elon Musk, soooo smart n gud at critikal thinkin.

theverge.com/2016/6/2/11837874/elon-musk-says-odds-living-in-simulation

Hell no, yuk.

Who does want an "ouchy world"? There would be no peace and no peace of mind

What where actually talking about is the 'Brain in a Vat (Fallacy) see here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat

Which is an example of Hard Solipsism, See:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

The conclusion one can make is, It's irrelevant if our existence is an simulation, because the simulation =/= the known universe to us.

I don't really care what position Elon Musk has taken on the matter (Farther than a curiosity)

U started to type out a response, then realized you are a faggot...

Yeah but that's what you're living. Every human has a tragedy and will have more in the future, there are cute little bunnys getting there throats ripped out right now..

* Or anyone for that matter, it's an unsolvable philosophical idea

How is it a Fallacy? other then you assuming it is.

No if our existence is a simulation it is still a form of reality, we do exist.

um, no, you would be incorrect.

>smarter then Elon Musk
who released a fail of a tractor trailer.

nigga does you even unnstan wut a fallacy iz dawg?

god damn negros do have a hard time with abstractions

because to them, abstract and real are synonymous. They brains cannot tell the difference.

Well, First i'll point out that after you've (repeatedly) been called out for inserting unfalsifiable premises into an argument to reach a false conclusion, you decided to attack my character
>soooo smart n gud at critikal thinkin.

Secondly Solipsism has no logical conclusion, it's a abstract unsolvable philosophical exercise. It's not in itself a fallacy, But the 'brain in a vat' scenario (a subset of Solipsism) could be considered fallacious.

But look, this is probably the fourth or fifth time I've had to explain the basic groundwork of epistemological arguments to you, for everyone sake, and i'm not being snarky, write down your arguments, then go out and figure out if they're good and sound before you present them. I don't feel like bouncing off into another topic with you.

/This
This is why
Is true

>They brains cannot tell the difference.
>They brains

your ego has some seriously strong defense mechanism

comrade, the modern religion of catholics is indeed shit, based soley on 'muhfeels'
for me and perhaps a few others God is something to swear by, something to get out of bed for in morning, which you atheists seem to lack sorely
something to live for, something to fight for, something to die for
maybe you are right and there is nothing beyond, but it is nice to think that all comrades are in sky, having nice talk over bottle of vodka

lol bro there is no hell. have fun faggot

>fight for, something to die for
Which is a good thing, less car bombings and trucks driving through crowds
Found the Muslim

Your obversely smarter then Elon Musk. Smarter then anyone who put's there faith in mathematics. I don't know why your here in the first place.

this guy constantly talking about faith in mathematics, probably doesn't even know how to find square root without a calculator

>i got fafe in muh mafmatics, lawd preach it

Because religious fags are egotistical as fuck and they fear death.

idi nahui, kebab

Every religion and belief is full of degenerates and faggots.

>faith in mathematics
Yup, I really don't know at this point either,
By the by I haven't said a single mean thing to you, Just had a conversation, It's sad then when shown there is something you're fundamentally wrong about, you decide to resort to shit talking.
(I'm talking about the argument(s) you presented, not your belief in general)
Kek'd

The reason to not be a cunt is the fact that this life is all you and everyone else have. This is it. So make yours and everyone else's experience as pleasant as possible. If you can't fold that into your moral code then you shouldn't be around the rest of us. The fact that everyone has the capacity to suffer just like you do should open you up to compassion.

Apparently not islam, "its the best ever" fact the most hated are jews for no real reason other than Jesus

I*

I apologize for being mean, you did be cool.
BUT brain in the vat is only a fallacy if you don't accept that we are more likely in a simulation then not.

>Apparently not islam, "its the best ever"
If you're tied up, about to be beheaded with a rusty spork and need help, blink twice

I feel this is kinda self evident. Being a cunt is a lot more fun then not being one.

Compassion just leads you to being taking advantage of. Try it.

So you say you gotta know why the world goes around
But you can’t find the truth in the things you’ve found
But you’re scared shitless cause evil abounds
Come join us

All we want to have is your small mind......... turn it into one of our own kind.... come join us, whoah oh come join us!

The simulation thing is just a complicated version of "I make things. So things must have been made by somebody" bullshit. It's just more egotistical crap just like the concept of a living god.