youtube.com/watch?v=fZUG5j20Dtc
youtu.be/0EBktOmQdH4
youtube.com/watch?v=W9w9d33NuD8
strawpoll.me/13946988/r
youtube.com/watch?v=YKh4cKZEvAI
youtube.com/watch?v=Kub_YyJkNTs
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Starting now actually. I've already got some albums from the Quebec scene. gonna get some Greek next.

Greece produced some incredible black metal. Agatus is my favorite band from the Hellenic scene.

Discovered this gem recently.

youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2PtF1D-wA

Windir is vntrv af but hot damn those guitar leads are fvkkin brilliant
I've resigned myself to the realization that my love for this pseudo-bm band might never go away

too bad Vreid is shit

I am still not sure about how to feel about this record. Not because of the whole swastika Nazism thing, but I am just split on my opinion on whether I enjoy this or not.

I dislike how the extended synth sections just sound like an attempt at classical music from a person who just listened to some for the first time, not to mention there are a couple cheesy as synth runs as well and attempts at harmonizing with the guitars which help make the parts sound weaker overall due to the lightness of the synth. But at the same time, there's some really creative ways they use the synths ranging from creating atmosphere by having a sort of broken melody fade and move left/right or have a counter melody to go with two separate guitar parts creating something colorful and interesting to listen to.

The vocals are barely there throughout the album, making the album mostly miss a sort of textural layered aspect that vocals often bring in black metal, but when they are there they are actually pretty good.

The drums are done by a drum machine. This means that sometimes it sounds very obvious because each individual drum hit sounds like it's being done by a different person rather than one person, which gives it this unnatural feel that can pull the listener out of the music. But at the same time, they take advantage of the fact that they are stuck with a drum machine by having some excellent accentuation here and there like the bombastic sound they do for one of the riffs in the second track.

The riffs consist of mainly just tremolo picking with some power chords here and there, not really taking advantage of the kind of note choices black metal brought to the metal world particularly in how the genre works with chords. Not only that, but a lot of the riffs are less riffs and more melodies, only being riffs because the melody will have a couple octaves lower harmony being played on the second guitar. All this being said, there's a lot of surprising rhythmic variety in the riffs

Windir's riffs are fucking great though. Their note choices are on the melodic/folky side which may or may not be a problem for some, black metal's always been somewhat melodic even with a band like Blasphemy. Otherwise, all their records riff hard like if they are Immortal but with multi guitar parts rather than one guitar part that sounds sorta like two guitars.

god every xasthur pic just looks likes hes awkwardly waiting on the pizza guy to show up

what do y'all think of Xasthur's country/bluegrass shit

of course

Not bad, but still a bit weird to get used to.

Might as well bring my poll here as well.

Favorite notable well known country scene for black metal?

strawpoll.me/13946988

autism

ready
youtube.com/watch?v=0JSXMgcOXpk

How do you rank Xasthurs albums? He has quite a few albums and EP's.

1. Telepathic with the Deceased: 9.5/10
2. A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors: 9/10
3. To Violate the Oblivious: 9/10
4. Funeral of Being: 8/10
5. Subliminal Genocide: 8/10
6. Suicide in a Dark Serenity: 7.5/10
7. Nocturnal Poisoning: 7/10
8. Xasthur EP: 7/10
9. Xasthur/Leviathan split: 7/10
10. Portal of Sorrow: 5.5/10
11. All Reflections Drained: 5/10
12. Defective Epitaph: 5/10
13. Subject to Change: 3/10

Scott is le very awkward man
he seems nice though

why can I never find Batlord on M-A

Insularum pulls back the synth cheese and in-your-face leitmotifs if you haven't listened to it yet. Nowadays I view Noontide as an work-in-progress experiment to what they did on Insularum because it in every respect feels like the most mature, developed thing Eldrig has ever put out.

reminder that if you're not gay you're a falsie

I really don't like how clean the mix on Insularum is, along with how much more straightforward some of the riffing got. It is better in every other way though.

sunbather is pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=2sLmsMrnqyQ

>Finland in second place
How come?

How can you be offended? This is BLACK FUCKING METAL! it was never meant to be nice or pretty! If you want nice politically correct opinions and easy music then go find a different fucking genre! BLACK METAL is meant for those who against the popular opinion (The Jewish Media and Ideas) So if you are some non-white who thinks that you can like or get into BLACK METAL think again. BLACK METAL is meant for the true master race, the WHITE RACE. Not any fucking mexicans or other shitskins.

>taking a black metal picture in your house
At least go to the park where it looks like a forest, how lazy

His house is kvlt though.

youtube.com/watch?v=tHwhZM-EeAc

blackened techno?

mouse :(

>if I could kill every muslim with my bare hands I would do it
What did she mean by this?

who cares desu? When will you summerfags learn to separate the art from the artist's personal life? They can do whatever they want and say what they want, it shouldnt concern me, their art should take precedence over everything they are as a person

actually p gud

>blackened techno
youtube.com/watch?v=4CeqRlLD9Ts

My man. This and Naturkraft are tied as my favorite Horn albums

I like a lot of the compositions on here. But the guitar tone always gives me a headache. I get it, it sounds like an mg-42 blasting next to your ears. But that treble extended over 50 minutes gets pretty fucking grating.

they're also a good gateway band
melodic, crisp production, even catchy
and they're not Dimmu/CoF/etc.

um, whatever, buddy
that shit's whack af

youtu.be/U8jOhqOsouM
any actual black metal that sounds like this?
Or just good bm with bagpipes

cant wait for november

thoughts on pic relat?

boring riffs, weak vocals
decent atsmosphere
not much else to say

yeah but it ripps off urfaust

nice catch
I'm not much of an urfaust fan

>R A G E

so what do you think about deafheaven's upcoming album (spring 2018) - which direction will it take?

Essential Autumn bm?

Anything folk really.

fuck off tourists

here's my /nbbmn/ stockpile so far, how am i doing? any ugessentials i missed?

Is Present Day Varg based as he seems?

He genuinely appeas to have bested his anger, to come out a very intelligent and happy person.

Also does. anyone else watch his videos? I find them incredibly relaxing.

I enjoy his videos sometimes, even if I don't agree or care about everything, Varg is mildly entertaining and has a calm voice.
Looks very good, Nortt is an incredible band. I think you would enjoy the earlier Behemoth albums, like Sventevith or Grom.

he's fucking embarrassing

dirty*

>bested his anger

lol

thanks, will download some Behemoth to add

come back to /meal/ you retarded fucks and discuss black metal there.

>that shit's whack af
pleb detected. greek bm is best bm
youtube.com/watch?v=BEhfrTe0UGM

>He genuinely appeas to have bested his anger
his entire ideology is based on anger

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Striborg - Autumnal Melancholy
Kvist - For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vikke
Summoning - Nightshade Forest

I do love this picture so much

I have Autumn Aurora on cassette. Used to listen to it daily but I'm trying to preserve it's lifespan.

This is actually pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=DYKlo6gOza8

What have you guys purchased on bandcamp recently?

>hurr he actually pays for music
Didn't ask you opinion

just q'd up to d/l these on slsk

youtube.com/watch?v=fZUG5j20Dtc

great bm album from israel
youtu.be/0EBktOmQdH4

post bandcamp
i wanna have a look

not gonna post mine btw you'll just make fun of me for amtoshit and non-bm releases

>jew bm

"no"

fucking nice

>it's le juice meme XD

t. goldman shekelstein

youtube.com/watch?v=W9w9d33NuD8

Nice get, Satan

>strawpoll.me/13946988/r
>gimmicky as fuck Norway and France near the top or the very top
>shitty Darkthrone/or Blasphemy ripoff Finland second
>badly aged first wave or overly melodic shitty Sweden fourth place
>already watered down atmoshit even more watered down USA in fifth place
>based no gimmicks all awesome riffs Poland not even the in the top five
There's no other proof that Sup Forums is the most touristy, nu male place to discuss black metal.

What are your recs then? I honestly just want to know

Graveland - Following The Voice Of Blood
Dark Fury - Synningthwait
Mgla - Exercises In Futility
Veles - Night on the Bare Mountain
Furia - Księżyc milczy luty
Fullmoon - United Aryan Evil
Ohtar - Woodland Desolation
Gontyna Kry - Welowie

Also if you do want gimmicky stuff that's also in the scene:

Kataxu - Hunger Of Elements

Mgla and Fullmoon are dope, haven't heard any of the rest though, thanks user

Damn, it's weirdly telling that peeps haven't checked out Graveland and Veles. Not in an elitist way, but in a "not enough people have been exposed to this stuff as I thought" way.

youtube.com/watch?v=YKh4cKZEvAI
Here's one imho highly underrated band from Poland.
What do you guys think of these guys?
Bonus points if you know their (or at least singer's) side project.

Has new WITTR leaked in 320 yet?

Production too clean, keyboards too typical symphonic style. There are some good riffs here that I feel I would have enjoyed more in a raw setting.

none of the songs really got me into it, but i feel like i can draw inspiration from it, if that makes sense

What are the essential Quebec BM bands?

This charts is pretty good. Forteresse is probably the most popular from Quebec, they're also really good. Akista, Sombres forêts, and Sorcier des Glaces are great as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kub_YyJkNTs

Thanks man

Eeehhh... I'm not really feeling it. I don't think I'm an atmoblack guy.

I feel you. It's definitely an example of a record with some fantastic ideas yet not as great execution (at least for me.)

I really don't care for Panopticon either. It's really uninteresting, and there is so much better atmospheric black metal.

There is literally nothing wrong with Diadem of 12 Stars.

North is another Polish band that's interesting. They did a split with Graveland, Nokturnal Mortum, and Temnozor.

This probably gets asked a million times but is there a chart or anything for some starting off points? I do listen to the genre but wouldn't mind getting more into it. Sorry

list genres or bands or any reference points because this is as broad a question as asking where to start with rock music

oh wait this is /bm/ i thought it was /meal/, start with Norwegian 2nd wave ie
Burzum - Filosofem
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Mayhem - DMDS
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
this will give you enough reference to either go back to explore the 80's first-wave progenitors or forward to see how and what bm eventually developed into nowadays. dunno your starting reference tho and that may be too entry-level

bumping this