oh hey it's this thread again

Just dropped a real fearsome log, a real toilet-thrasher
AMA

what can i do to help this click?

lay down on your floor and blast it

Just listen to it

this album is literally the same song over and over again

Pleb filtered

You need to have dated a few times, then have a long drought when you find a girl you're about to ask out when you find out you can't date her at all.

stop posting this album
retard

No it didn't, you just convinced yourself that you liked it cause a bunch of other people who tricked themselves into liking it told you that you need to like it.

I'm a pleb for not liking the same song over and over again? oh no!
now that wasn't very nice

be sad

Maybe one day it will click for you too

you must've listened to it a few years ago while only partly paying attention to it because this makes no sense

I listened to it like a month ago dude. every song other than Only Shallow, Sometimes and Soon is the same thing

Fall in love with the songs one by one. Put the ones you like on a playlist, and get used to them one at a time.

most people that say any album is one song over and over has no idea what they're talking about
there are much more potent criticisms of Loveless, and this is coming from a fan

except it's actually true with Loveless

you're not a pleb for disliking it
you're a pleb for having babby ears that can't distinguish the differences.

To Here Knows When and When You Sleep don't sound like anything else.

Loomer does not sound like To Here Knows When which does not sound like I Only Said which does not sound like Come In Alone which does not sound like Touched
Please talk about the inconsistent mixing or the lack of drum presence, or the step down of melodic content from Isn't Anything, because at least those criticisms are true

when will the next BVB album come out andy?

this is objectively false. like, i don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong. try listening to it again, maybe louder

When the songs on an album all sound too alike or completely different from each other the album is probably shit as a whole (exceptions exist of course)
But Loveless is perfect. The songs sound similar enough to compliment each other but still have a range of sounds

you're a fucking idiot. it doesn't matter if there are drums or not it's still the exact same timbre holy fucking shit
:)
good job convincing yourself of that

>it's still the exact same timbre
"no"

not really
really hope this was ironic

now listen to the sequel

yes

I'm serious. you have to be deaf if you think the songs sound exactly the same.

>it's still the exact same timbre
There are many other things in music than timbre. Even if there wasn't, you should at least understand how To Here Knows When and When You Sleep are different.

it's just distorted rock music
woe to those unable to get into something as simple as that

they all sound the same chord progression wise as well
must be deaf then

This is good but Eccsame the Photon Band will always be my favorite Lily's album

After you go through something big

this

read the lyrics

also be sad

also drugs

I find it sounds better through good speakers than headphones desu.
also, listen to this first.
youtube.com/watch?v=FAWl6YeCN_w

Extremely overrated, tired of seeing these threads

You are correct in that the chord progressions are rather basic. The most different one from a cursory listen is Loomer which has modal mixture.
The true beauty of Loveless lies in the density of the guitars and how they float melodies over it. And most of them do it in different ways as well. The most densely compact ones are Only Shallow and I Only Said. There are many different lines you can follow in these, which makes every listen rewarding because you pick up on different things. Songs like To Here Knows When and Blown A Wish work because of the soft and glistening guitar tones in the background which compliments the minimalistic melody and breathy vocals of THKW or the full on dream pop melody and limerence in the lyrics of BAW. Each of these songs apply a similar formula and achieve different results depending on how they're built (like every song). Even Beach House which is wayyy more into the "write the same song 50 times" business has variation over their output.

I agree. Sup Forums doesn't realize it but MBV is not the end all be all to shoegaze.

music isn't about chord progressions and bullshit, it's about expressing and feeling emotions

... Which is a lot easier when you know lots of chords and chord progressions.

Which are expressed through chord progressions and bullshit

be extremely sad, and high on weed

I disagree, but Loveless's guitar noise and murmured vocals express feelings of limerence and heartbreak better than most.
The crux of a well-crafted musical composition is experimentation in its formal qualities (chord progression and bullshit) to give listeners unique responses.

Just listen to it on different ocations, moods, states of mind (I mean, maybe some weed or whatev.). Don't force it, maybe you just won't like it, you don't gotta like every acclaimed record, there are lots I don't and I'm sure that's the case for everybody.
Just try to listen to it every once in a while and find parts, sounds or little things you enjoy, and if you see it grows on you, fine. If not, then just leave it... maybe check it again a year later to see if it has any effect.
Don't force albums. Some are for you and some are not, most Sup Forumscore is good (well, some of it) but obviously you won't like all of it.

everything that was said before and also turn it up real loud
especially To Here Knows When on max volume is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard

literally and objectively not true

nailed it
i first liked it in high school while orbiting some girl but i've recently got back into it with renewed vigor after exactly the scenario you've described

>10mg valium
>lie down in your bed
>listen to it loud enough that you cant hear any outside noises

worked for me

Listen to the best song (When You Sleep) ten times then to the whole album

i know this sounds dumb, but you should be in love with someone.

>tfw i just realised ive never been in love
>iwn get the real experience of this album

fuck.

Fuck you in the eye.

My fav album.

Im a loser who peaked at 16 and hasn't kissed a girl in like 7 years and this album is still great to me