This is đť—® snow thređť—®d, anonists

This is đť—® snow thređť—®d, anonists

How do you like this shit all over the place?
Do they clean up the streets of your Cityname Town from snow and ice?

bump

bump yo fuckfags

melting bump

snow is great, havent had more than flurries yet. Ususally cleaned up decently well, but roads are fucked from the salt and temperature differences.

We get lots of snow here in northern Ohio. Doesn’t really bother me. Might be used to it after 20 years. The best part is when it snows real bad the whole city shuts down. It’s like you’re the only person left, literallly empty streets businesses etc. weird feeling.

ghetto bump

You live in the lake effect bands east of Cleveland?

I was on the west and while we got snow, missed out on the heaviest stuff.

40 minutes south east of Cleveland. Don’t get the full lake effect snow but it still fucks us every now and then. Full Lake effect snow is some intense shit.

semi related

>How do you like this shit all over the place?
I used to fucking hate it, so much so, I moved to Atlanta to try to get away from it.
After a year being surrounded by ignorant hillbillies and niggers, I realized maybe the snow wasn't so bad after all, and moved back up north
>Do they clean up the streets of your Cityname Town from snow and ice?
Mostly, unless we get a whole bunch all at once, then it might take a day or two to get it cleared out.

I live inSyracuse NY, literally the snowiest metropolitan area in the US. It fucking sucks.

Anyone ever see it this bad? Worst we get is ~18 inches at a time.

The only nice thing about the snow is looking at it out of your window.
I can't walk in it properly, my legs are slipping off and it takes a lot of exertion to move my way through this shit.

But the worst thing is when it has fell at night, then melted a bit at the morning, then frozen again froming ice, and melted again at the evening, so when you're on the way home, you have to slip your legs forward on these icy pools!
They actually use some salt and sand on it, but it's not effective at all with the temps of melting/freezing process

mfw i see glorious comfy snow pics and white xmas threads then remember im stuck in fucking australia and i have never even seen it irl.

all i want to do is fucking move to alaska and freeze to death Sup Forumsros

Where I live (NW Ohio) we get snow like that, but usually only when it's a really bad storm, or if it drifts alot.
Most of the time, it's less than about 12 inches at a time.

one of my favorite city snow pics.

Love the pics, anything more like that would be great.

The snow make it look less bad. Covers up all the trash and neglect?

If Atlanta gets 0.5 centimeters its a national emergency and thousands die.

Antarctica could be the nearer and faster way for you to freeze to death though

Any comfy oc snow pics?

Yep, and dogshit too

Came to say this

favorite

Winnipeg sends its regards

Vancouver

I used to live off Lake Erie. The wind is relentless in the winter.

Well, we have been talking about burying cables instead of hanging them. Problem solved.

Oh forgot to mention, am in Winnipeg

I know. They shut down everything for like a half inch of snow. It's fucking bizarre.
And good luck trying to buy anything like toilet paper or bottled water anytime there's snow in the forecast.
The minute everybody hears they "might" get even the lightest of snow, all the store shelves are empty, like they just announced that doomsday is upon us.
>pic not related

saved, though I thought the city proper was low enough to avoid snow, similar to seattle mostly avoiding snow.

i actually applied for multiple jobs on the antarctic research stations but was kept getting rejected because of mental health issues ( i was on anti-depressants for a few years).
honestly living in a remote research station would be my fucking dream , the isolation and climate sounds like fucking heaven.

any rich user's want to buy me a ticket to the tundra?

i love snow.
chicago streets are pretty clean- closer you get to downtown the better. burbs are crazy tho.

It generally doesn't snow in the city, but it sure did last year. None this year, just in the mountains.

trust me, it looks good from the outside and nice to see but once its a week after and all the snow is now slush it becomes a nuisance

I'm about 40 miles southwest-ish of Lake Erie, and the wind gets pretty bad even here sometimes, but it's nothing like it is in say, Toledo or Cleveland.

this has the feel of being extra cold. Usually the clear days/nights were the coldest.

Yes, but the air is drier, and you don't feel so cold even when it's -15C

Makes one wonder how chaotic a real emergency would be. Always good to be stocked up for a few days cause you never know.

>the isolation and climate
They see anti-depressants with that and think you will go postal. Unfortunate, because many people are depressed from being in a fast paced faceless city and would love to be in the middle of nowhere working.

The kind of air you breath and your boogers immediately freeze.

This is from a couple years ago, we were having a big snowstorm one night, and I went outside for a smoke, and saw some deer in the backyard. Pic is kinda dark because I thought the flash might scare them away

hate this shit... i used to live in the far north US now I live the furthest south you can get in the Continental US

I would hate to see what it'd be like there if they ever got a real snowstorm.
I'm sure it'd be absolute chaos. They just don't know how to handle snow down there.

Looks awesome, used to love smoking pot in the snow.

Random deer in Yaroslavl, lol

It never snows here. It rarely rains, and people cannot drive in the rain at all. Snow would be the end of the world.

having nothing to do in a blizzard in the city would be nice.

This looks like heaven.

Too bad my city won't be devastated even if volcano will erupt

>smoking pot in the snow
Yeah, it's great, especially at night when it's all quiet outside. It's like everybody's gone, and you're the only person left in the world. Then you realize you've been out here for like an hour, and you're starting to get frostbite, so you gotta head back inside.

Love me some snow. The way it looks, whether it packs or not, drifting over hills or roads, doing donuts in parking lots, stepping on half-frozen streams.
Once a friend of mine and I walked out onto a local mid-sized river and jumped a certain distance from the shore, and heard a really eerie cracking sound, almost the same as Ice Age when the giant ice wall cracks. Cool but spooky.

yeah i understand their thought process, just feels bad man :(

thanks for the empathy Sup Forumsro

I lived on a great lake and when it froze over there would be long low rumbling cracks as the ice settled over the waves. Very creepy indeed.

snow is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the world. i am SO HAPPY i dont live in the south. also snowboarding is my fucking life

I've always wanted to spend a winter in Antarctica, it's like the ultimate in isolation.
No way in, no way out, months of darkness, when the sun does come up, it's only up for a couple of hours, bone-chilling cold and some of the most ferocious winds on the planet.
Just you and a few other people and the cold and wind.
There's something about that that's always kind of appealed to me.

Mother ĐŻussia ITT

>It's like everybody's gone, and you're the only person left in the world
exactly my feelings. Gotta get a few joints for the first big snow so I can enjoy that feeling again.

now this is what i call home...

WINTER PLEASE COME FASTER

u will be stuck indoors with other smelly, yappy aspies.

things i want to do before i die:

-visit antarctica

one of my fav pics

Need some mean 4x4, individual electric cable, sewerage and boiler (b/w why I don't see the boiler on the photo?), LOTS of gas and to travel to the nearest town for foods and works every week, I don't understand this payment for the isolated life.

Parma here, It fucking sucks, be glad you're not north a bit user, be glad...

If you are rich enough all that can be set up during the summer season. Could also just be a summer house or hunters lodge.

If I was in the mountains I would certainly want it independent redundantly.

this would be a lovely view. just sit inside and watch the storm unfold

Yes

That does sound amazing. Not many people have done that, would be very unique.

I'd be too worried about falling through that, but it does look really awesome.

Awesome! I'd like to spent this December there

Hell yeah, walk to the stores and then maybe live in that apartment building in the back. Not too busy traffic/people out but its a city so there are still places open.

Get back, wrap in a blanket with some drink and watch the snow fall across the city.

skiing towns

at least you have those teddy bear looking mofos

It would not be "anonists" but rather "anonians" or "anonian".

Anons/Anonians, from the land of Anonia.

Just sayhing...

Are we anomalous, are we a region?

Anthuans, thenonyms, petards...

anyone ever encounter slushee waves?

>Walking down the road
>Something crumbles under your feet
>You're falling into someone's house

This is why one must shovel the roof.

I know in places like valdez alaska they get a dozen feet at a time. no idea how anyone can cope with that, and i love snow.

I live in California cause I am not a retard

That looks so cool!

Makes me thirsty cause it looks so delicious.

great thread idea

This landscape is repulsive and attractive at the same time (.__.')

It is hard to describe. I was hoping someone knew wtf was going on with the ice circles.