Is it true that no other female artist is better than these three?

Is it true that no other female artist is better than these three?

Kate Bush and Grimes > these three

lavren > everyone else

it is

great choices, OP

op has good taste

No fans of the raincoats?
But yeah I love nico, went through a phase where I listened to nothing but her.
Marble index > desertshore imo.

bjork
imogen heap
nina simone

Although rock is usually deemed as a masculine genre, these three proved that that doesn't have to be the case. And therefore they have my respect

>and Grimes

Very good choices, but Joni Mitchell also belongs to the top of the game. Pic related is the best solo female album ever with Hounds of Love being a close second

nice meme

Your proposition is ridiculous, but your taste is surprisingly good.

Nice replying to me in less than a minute you obsessed fan-xir autist.

finally some love for Patti Smith

her debut is GOAT

came here for this exact reason.

Joni Mitchell outclasses everyone else in the thread by a wide mile.

Nico contributed greatly to TVU's success. Nobody can deny it.

And she just further proved her talent it in her solo career

the irony

Official Sup Forums ranking in terms of “body of work”:

Younger Marina & Sufjan/Bowie (Take your pick) > Angel Deradoorian > Young Francoise Hardy > Joanna Newsome > Tinashe > Lights > Angel Olsen > Hayley Williams > Young Kate Bush > 90’s Britney Spears > Jhené Aiko > Young Mariah Carey > Demi Lovato > Kacy Hill > Beyoncé > Shakira > Halsey > Sarah Barthel > Esperenza Spalding > Janelle Monáe > M.I.A. > Charli XCX > Sky Ferreira > Katy Perry > Lady Gaga > Kehlani > Ariana Grande > Current-State Marina > Kitty Pryde > Rihanna when she is hiding her fivehead > Pre-lesbian midlife crisis Annie Clark > Pre-Die Antwoord Yolandi Visser > Young Madonna > Carly Rae Jepsen > Julia Holter > Kesha> Kimbra > Young Bjork > Lykke Li > Solange
>>>>>>>>
Lauren Mayberry > Chelsea Wolfe > SZA > Nicki Minaj > Selena Gomez > Kelela > Feist > MO > Grimes > Grouper > TSwift the noass thank you hunrgy skeleton > Kali Uchis Lana Del-Duckface Ray > o im laffin > Miley Cyrus > Victoria Legrand > Megan James > Lindsey Stirling > Jessie Ware > Kilo Kish >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Azealia Banks > FKA twigs (would be much higher if she closed her mouth) > Noname Gypsy > Alice Glass > Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (no idea what she looks like w/o a metric ton of makeup > Yukimi Nagano > Florence Welch > Old Madonna > Iggy > Fivehead Rihanna > fat tumblr all about the bass bitch > Adele > Romy Croft > Young M.A.

Open to change suggestions desu senpai. Help me make this more accurate.

if you like uggo annorexic cunts, yes

True. Specially PJ Harvey

I thought Nico was Joni Mitchell and I am disappointed.

Grimes, Kate and Bjork > all of them

>yolanda over crj

Wow this is one I actually agree with

Replace Patti with Joni, she has more iconic albums

Jokes on you motherfucker that is exactly what I like

This is Wata. Say something nice about her, or don't, it doesn't matter, she is nice either way.

Could these 3 artists produce their own music like Bjork, Kate and Grimes? Checkmate!

Chill. It's just boring folk.

Your amiibo obsession is cute

The objectively best one itt

>no Bjork
the absolute state of Sup Forums

>no Grimes and Kate Bush either
the absolute state of Sup Forums

>Grimes

grimes is the artist of the decade

Some variety is always welcome

it's spelled Joanna Newsom my dude

What irony? He didn't reply to you in under a minute.

Grouper makes great ambient music, but her looks scare me

You're a funny guy, mate

Thanks, buddy. But my point is still true.

anyone?

>LOOK ME TELL ME IN THE EYE YOU LOVE ME

Mate, she's even hated on mu, she won't be remembered in 10 years let alone be considered the greatest of the decade.

>no cat power
>no lisa germano
Shit list fag

females can't

>implying mu has any, i mean any, relevance
>implying she won't be remembered in 10 years while she's was very well remembered when she released art angels after a long break after visions
>implying there's another artist in this decade more bold, exciting, innovative, melodic, eccentric, diverse, and memorable than her

Unfortunately you're wrong about all of that

>she's even hated on mu
Different user.
user, that's how you know she's legitimately good.

/thread

>nico
c'mon, she sounds like Lou Reed doing a gay voice
Also Patti Smith just ripped off Rimbaud

PJ Harvey is the best outta three

There was really a lot of work put into this

>FKA Twigs that low

Even with her constant mouth opening her body is a 9/10

this, she's one of the most beautiful women alive

Agree but Nico >> the other two

bad opinions mate

Could Nico even produce her music? She's not fit to be compared to Grimes then.

>"Look at me in the eye"
>You can't even see them through the sunglasses

Better at what? Everything is the best something and the worst something else. You can't make generalised statements like that - there's no universal context for quality.

Yeah, good shout my man

t. literally never participated in a music discussion ever

bork

>boring buzzword argument
I guarantee you "Summer Lawns" is better than anything the 3 in OPs picture released.

>another artist in this decade more bold, exciting, innovative, melodic, eccentric, diverse, and memorable than her
Ignoring that she's an entertainer and not an artist...
Tentenko, Julia Holter, Grouper, the entire Japanese alt-idol scene, Melt-banana, Daoko, Laurel Halo, Chelsea Wolfe, Yelle.. Just to name some specifically female examples off the top of my head while I take a shit.

>Better at what?
> DUHHHH MUSICS !
Yeah, because music isn't a massively broad classification with innumerable values that each have their own Bests and worsts. Fucking brainlet, Learn to read.

>implying it was a meme

muh white womyn core.

>Ignoring that she's an entertainer and not an artist...
Just an entertainer? Educate yourself bro:
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele, ehru

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- writer

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production

She's literally the definition of an artist.

lol

>She's not just an entertainer !
>She is an entertainer who entertains with multiple tools !
Wow, thanks for the shitpost

She suffers from insomnia :(

She's a creator, not just an entertainer

Everyone is a creator. Making breakfast is creating. Not an argument. Nothing of value in vapid creating - at least breakfast has a function.

fugg

>Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
>She's literally the definition of an artist.
I do all those things myself. It's not particularly special when you're poor, there's quite a few male artists who've done the same, and there are female artists other than Grimes that have done everything.

>Hey user, do you prefer hotdogs or hamburgers?
>Yeah, because food isn't a massively broad classification with innumerable values that each have their own Bests and worsts. Fucking brainlet, Learn to eat.

>food analogy

A creator of art. Stop pretending to be an idiot.

>I do all those things myself.
OK. Not all artists do that.
>and there are female artists other than Grimes that have done everything.
Post 10 of them.

You're equating preference to OP's objective statement. And obviously food quality follows the same requirements for specifics when making an absolute statement. Don't be this stupid anymore.

Grimes has never made anything that constitutes an artwork. She has made commodities for entertainment and profit, she has performed as an entertainer and he has even done some shitty illustrations completely devoid of content beyond vapid aestheticism. If you think art means 'pictures or anything I like so I can convince myself it's the best then you're a retard.

Adriana Hölszky
Allison Cameron
Annea Lockwood
Annette Schlünz
Annie Gosfield
Amy Beach
Azalia Snail
Barbara Benary
Barbara Strozzi
Bianca Maria Meda
Carla Bley
Carla Kihlstedt
Caroline Shaw
Cécile Charminade
Charlotte Moorman
Chaya Czernowin
Chen Yi
Clara Schumann
Colleen
Daphne Oram
Delia Derbyshire
Diamanda Galás
Dobrinka Tabakova
Élizabeth-Claude Jacquet de la Guerre
Elizabeth Maconchy
Jennifer Higdon
Judith Weir
Elena Kats-Chernin
Elena Mendoza
Eliane Radigue
Elis Regina
Elizabeth Lutyens
Ellen Fullman
Ellen Taaffe Zwilich
Else Marie Pade
Ethel Smyth
Eve Beglarian
Fanny Mendelssohn
Frances-Marie Uitti
Fursaxa
Gabriela Lena Frank
Galina Ustvolskaya
Germaine Tailleferre
Gloria Coates
Grazyna Bacewicz
Haco
Helena Tulve
Hildegard von Bingen
Isabel Mundry
Isabella Leonarda
Jane Siberry
Jennifer Higdon
Jenny Scheinman
Jessica Bailiff
Jessica Pavone
Joan La Barbara
Joan Tower
Joanna Newsom
Julia Holter
Julia Wolfe
Lera Auerbach
Lili Boulanger
Lisa Germano
Liza Lim
Lois V Vierk
Louise Farrenc
Lydia Kavina
Maja Ratkje
Maria Schneider
Hildur Guðnadóttir
Marian Zazeela
Mary Lou Williams
Maryanne Amacher
Meredith Monk
Michiyo Yagi
Miya Masaoka
Nadia Boulanger
Nico
Nina Senk
Olga Neuwirth
Pauline Oliveros
Pia Gilbert
Rebecca Clarke
Rebecca Saunders
Regina Carter
Rosa Giacinta Badalla
Ruth Crawford Seeger
Sachiko M
Sainkho Namtchylakv
Sarah Kirkland Snider
Sofia Gubaidulina
Sofia Jernberg
Susie Ibarra
Theresa Wong
Thea Musgrave
Unsuk Chin
Vanessa Lann
Wendy Carlos
Wu Fei
Wu Man
and Zeena Parkins are all better.

>Yoko Ono
dropped

>Alphabathised by forenames

Yoko Ono isn't on the list. It's been improved

we discuss those artists every day shut up

Grimefags BTFO

>Young Madonna that low
I'm not even old, but I don't think there has been any woman in pop who was more attractive than Madonna in her prime. I would take her over everybody else in this list EASILY.

She was a professional visual artist (painter/caligrapher and muralist) in Montreal prior to becoming a musician. She is a bonafide artist by even the most pretentious of definitions.

see

Don't equate image-dumping to art. Don't be such a blatant, lumpen pleb.
David Shrigley is an artist, Pierre Huyghe is an artist, Rachel Whiteread is an artist. Grimes is a gnome with a synthesiser who makes inoffensive pop music for avant-teens.

The BTFO is too strong

Grimefags can never recover

Also, only pedos would find Ariana Grande attractive.

Idolising an unused model from a PS2 Trolls game is a cultural terminal illness. They were dead already.

>Don't equate image-dumping to art.
Don't equate art to "image-dumping".

>pleb
Pleb/patrician is a false dichotomy popularized by mediocre artists as a way to justify the own artistic failings.

>David Shrigley is an artist, Pierre Huyghe is an artist, Rachel Whiteread is an artist.
As is Scott Walker, Charles Ives, Hector Berlioz, And even Grimes.
What confuses me is what a person so small-minded as to be unable to comprehend music as an artform is doing posting on a music discussion forum. Shouldn't you be off cleaning your boss's brushes?

>If I make baseless statements demanding that two unrelated fields are the same then they are
You shouldn't speak with supposed authority about subjects you are ignorant of. Art is my real life profession and I take offense at your self-righteous misuse of my field to suppose a semblance of quality to some crappy popstar.

I am on a music board because I release music on the side. I do a lot of things, have a lot of interests. I make sure not to talk about things I don't understand, though, because I'm not an idiot.
How about you either make an actual argument equating Grimes to actual contemporary artwork by actual contemporary artists who actually practise art (not an unrelated creative field) instead of "Grimes is art doing because she draw picture and sing song" or stop posting blanket statements and fuck off. Thanks.

>jealous of Grimey's success
>hateposts about her on Sup Forums
Poor you, user.

Nice trips. I'm not jealous of a popstar user, I even listen to her pop music. I don't make vapid pop music so I have no professional jealousy. Grimes is as much in my field as Jake Paul is. I'm jealous of Nick Crompton though, my collar isn't poppin' like his.
I suggest you go learn about art and stop being an idiot. Use the internet to learn instead of spamming photos of a female hobbit.