Does anyone over the age of 16 actually like Nirvana?

Does anyone over the age of 16 actually like Nirvana?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ifnqUndKhd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course. Nirvana was not only a great band but the leaders of the grunge genre. Even though their image/mythicism probably travels further than their music; they still made some amazing songs that are still the reason why so many pick up a guitar to this day.

/thread

Can someone explain to me whats so amazing about their music? Seems very average to me.

nah you're just a contrarian idiot who's probably in love with the word "over-rated" and just got done listening to ITAOS or some shit

They were big in the early nineties so most of their fans are over thirty dumbass

t.16 year old faggot
The only people who I know have actually listened to most of their albums (and not just Nevermind) are above 20

22.... yes, you faggots were born in the 00s

in utero is production masterpiece, catchy melodies, raw agression and in the other hand calm mellow songs. Guitar sounds very good as well as percussion. There is nothing that is nothing that is really special in this but in general its masterpiece, as well as nevermind but i didnt enjoy this that much. Best band along with Alice in chains with their flawless album Dirt which is masterpiece

Question I wonder is what leads to all these people having insane obsession's over Kurt Cobain especially?

It's not happened with other stars beforehand who met an early end (Ian Curtis, Jim Morrison etc) I'm guessing its just down to the generation who grew up with him?

>implying they're still fans
Most grew out of it

I like Nirvana and I'm in my twenties. You should stop worrying about what other people like.

Considering most their fans from the early 90's are in their 30s and 40s by now, i'd assume so.

They're good for a nostalgic relisten every once in a while

Did courtney kill Kurt?

No but there's enough flaws in the original police investigation to warrant a reopening

>source: my cavernous ass

youtube.com/watch?v=ifnqUndKhd4

this song is good

i love the way the vocal merges into the guitar 1 minute in.

I doubt there are people under 35 who like them. Anyone I've ever met who considers Nirvana one of the greatest bands of all time is at least nearing 40.

Nah we're still fans.

Nice try though

Nah im just not into rock.

>grunge
fuck off pleb get a good genre

If you were in Nirvana's target demographic when they were popular you would be in your 40s now.

kids listen to them today the same way that 35 year olds listen to Joy Division even though they were too young to at the time

Jim Morrison has a huge post-mortem cult of personality surrounding him wtf are you talking about.

>when they were popular
When they existed even. It's not like The Rolling Stones where they are still active. The majority of this site's users was born after Nirvana ended.

I don't like th personally, but I know people even older than me like them.

Ive outgrown most of their stuff but In Utero still has some solid stuff that holds up.

I'm over 16 and like them
You know why? Because when you grow up you realize it's not about image. You're so immature that you can't see past their retard Tumblr girl fanbase.
Nirvana had great songs. And they influenced rock and punk to this day.

If I were to guess I'd say you're 17

Anyone who unironically thinks liking Nirvana is bad Should be kicked off this website.

>the leaders of the grunge genre
Not really, though. If there was a leader, it was probably Soundgarden. They were the band everyone knew and respected, and they had major label interest very early on. Nirvana wasn't really that big of a band in Seattle until Nevermind happened everywhere; when Jason Evermann joined Soundgarden, he saw it as moving up.