Is it illegal (US) to have a collection of poisons? Say if I were to extract Ricin, Nicotine, Coyotoxin, Coniine...

Is it illegal (US) to have a collection of poisons? Say if I were to extract Ricin, Nicotine, Coyotoxin, Coniine, Colchicine, or Amanita Toxins from various plants, would that be illegal?
Obviously poisoning someone is a no go, but what about owning small amounts of the poisons, just as a collection?
I'm a nerdy virgin and have played way to many vidya with poison potions, and I want to cook up some, since I have a good amount of chemistry experience, but I want to know the legality of it before I start.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4295216/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycloprop-2-ene_carboxylic_acid
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who gives a fuck about the legality of it just do it. Are you gonna take all your poisons to the local day care and show them off?

If it was, then it would be illegal for scientists to even do research on them. This MAY actually be the case where they require government approval, such as with the study of drugs.

Your best bet is to ask google, not Sup Forums.

Try not to fucking kill yourself, by the way. You're mixing random fucking poisons and I can see that killing you.

Really it's a logistical question of how much I will need to make, if it's illegal I'll have to make some for personal use, in case I ever get caught so I don't have to spend years behind bars because some lawyers thought I would maybe mail some of my stuff to someone.

You should be able to, however some laws are overbearing and generally ridiculous.

I too dream of having a garden with many rare and exotic plants.

Wouldn't it be amazing? I'd love to be able to grow my own poison garden, Something with beautiful plants like Wolfsbane, Oleander, or Angel’s Trumpets.

I would like to grow healing herbs as well as poisonous ones, and like you I would not even use them I would just like to grow and e,tract from them as a hobby of sorts.

They are beautiful too.

you're my likely to kill yourself experimenting with poisons you have no training in handling.

Exactly. Honestly that was my favorite part of the Hearthfire DLC in Skyrim, being able to tend my own garden of herbs was really rad, and I'd love to be able to achieve something similar in real life (although I'd have to find a safe place to do it, always from kids/pets)

send me some poison.

>Implying killing myself isn't an upside

Ricin. How in the fuck are you going to store and prepare it? It isn't necessarily illegal but if you tell anyone you're doing it the DEA will show up and "offer to dispose of it" for you.

Small is probably okay, for cataloging purposes. But if anyone finds out (assuming you are even up to it) there is really no good reason to have active ricin around. You'd have to be kind of retarded. Which the military is but there you have it OP.

Why?

Ricin isn't even that scary, it's not like Anthrax or anything, as long as you wear a mask and gloves, you'll be fine.
Preparing it is also a pretty elementary task, you just need some caster beans and a little knowledge.
I simply want to have a little collection in small vials, just to look at, as a curiosity. Much like one would have a collection of the elements and include Mercury, or Uranium, I'd like to include a little Ricin in my collection.

Are you going to be stocking anti cholinergics and atrophine too? What's your harm reduction for this little hobby?

It's exactly like anthrax except roughly 100 times more deadly you boner.

I know exactly how to do it. One spore, SPORE will kill you. Gloves and a mask.

Darwinism.

Yes it is, and for a reason, to prevent unexperienced people handling them and killing themselves or doing something like accidentally contaminating their entire block with a dangerous chemical or the water supply.

Should be perfectly fine legally speaking if you got a permit for handling those things, but to do that you're very likely going to need to have a degree in something related to it, and also an actual reason like using them for research.

Laws in the US regarding those things are weird as hell and change in every state, like for example owning an Erlenmeyer flask is actually illegal to do in Texas, that's absolute bullshit for whomever wants to have a labware collection.

Yes, I plan to take all necessary precautions, gas masks, gloves, proper ventilation when needed, ect.
I plan to start with mild historical poisons, and work my way up to things which are more poisonous. I plan to buy antidotes for what I create, and plan on locking all my equipment away in case I have guests over.

Reddit druggardening

They this may not be what you are into but it sort of fits the bill

Your an moron.

You're confusing the two. Anthrax is a spore, Ricin is just a protein. Anthrax stays around for decades, Ricin will decompose within a week.

True, I enjoy seclusion anyways.

The Elder Scrolls is a great series, currently saving up for a PC. Hearthfire bothered me because you could not plant everything you wanted and build structures to your liking.

You want to plant Jarrin root? Sorry, nope!

Still had fun with my imagination though...

I have seen through pictures what r eddit has to offer, and it is not for me. Thanks though.

That's why asked how to store. Yeah its getting late.

Still Op. You seem less than half cocked for something like this

I think the fact your can't plant Jarrin root specifically is because it's the wrong climate (although I agree it would be cool)

Why don't you do something fun like microwave batteries instead?

>One spore, SPORE

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4295216/

he infectious dose for inhalational anthrax in 50% of susceptible human population (ID50) was estimated to be 8000-50000 spores by biodefense experts from the United States Army Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID, Fort Detrick, MD)[33]. In 1998

Nice digits, it's alright man, I understand. Thank you for your concern.

Yeah, you are right. Hammerfell is an dry hot climate, but that is what greenhouses are for.

Still fun though.

Thanks

Like through screen caps here on Sup Forums?

>I plan to buy antidotes for what I create

there´s no antidote for faggotry

>implying ricin isn't an antidote for faggotry

ITT: OP wants small vials of poison cause he thinks its cool

Yeah, I hate the layout of the site, the rules and the phony people whom congregate there.

Very very few poisons in the US are actually illegal. Without being able to prove intent you're probably fine.

How would one even going about starting a collection of poison? Where would you begin? How do you collect poisons?
I NEED ANSWERS

hell has a special place for faggots

>whom
If you're gonna be a pretentious faggot, at least make sure you've got it right first

Unrealistic

if i were you i would store these poison in medical ampoule and cast epoxy resin over them so they look more like a display.

Not OP, but people collect a variety of objects and substances because they feel a connection to them. It really isn't that strange.

as long as you don't have large quantities it's fine

nice argument?

Which part? Not being able to prove intent? He doesnt seem to have murderous intent at all.

He seems to be an eccentric wannabe chemist, which is shockingly legal.

>He seems to be an eccentric wannabe chemist, which is shockingly legal.
OP here, surprisingly adequate description

you can still find some good links and sometimes, I mean sometimes, intelligent people who know what they´re talking about.
You should not join it like you shouldn´t join wikipedia but it´s sometimes a good place to start and head out to the specialized forums from there.

oh and they´re gay as fuck so that´ll be right up OP´s alley

Get the book Assorted Nasties by David Harber. It goes over various poisons, their use, dose, and synthesis, that's the book that got me interested in the topic.

Because in the country we are probably talking about the law is exactly the opposite in practice. If anyone found out HE would have to prove unintent (with liscenses, a degree, and employ requirement because you need a shitton of insurance).

Guilty until proven innocent.

As far as I know, The only illegal molecules are drugs and nerve gases.

I know from here and other places intelligent individuals lurk there, however your second statement says enough.

I may resort to its use if I am in need of something no other place can offer, though I doubt I will.

if you got to make a collection of poison,
add this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycloprop-2-ene_carboxylic_acid
to your list,

And explosives.. And you can get a permit for that.

Not at all. There are a broad range of chemicals that are restricted (if you had them you would get arrested) because they are considered reagents for drugs.

Yeah but it's nothing like grabbing a building permit. Even that is stupidly complicated.

Worst. Internet lawyer. Ever.

If you do pursue this hobby, you cant break any law ever. No smoking weed, No CP, No threatening people.. Hell I might not even own guns because it paints the picture of a guy trying to hurt people.

Basically just act like there is a federal investigation on you at all times. If the NSA is doing their job at all, this hobby is going to raise flags.

A real lawyer would never say it aloud but knowing the actual score is why they make money.

But realistically, what would the charges be? I mean, if I hadn't ever used the chemicals, and kept them sealed away, what would they legally be able to say?

Most of the good poisons are reactive. They don't store well.

/diy/ would love to help op make a thread there

Nothing the first time, but his things would be confiscated under a well backed warrant in the interest of public health. And even though no one would say "don't do this again" it would be heavily implied and a bad idea. Best advice is here I guess.
And the charges then would be amped up failure to comply, maybe some random misadventure statute, basically throwing anything that might stick and burying you to a point where the deal they're going to offer seems like mana. Manna? Fuck I don't know.