"Everyone has a finite number of good songs in them and I'm not an exception. Paul McCartney...

"Everyone has a finite number of good songs in them and I'm not an exception. Paul McCartney, one of the finest songwriters of the 20th century, has written nothing but manure for over 25 years. Rock stars over the age of 30 do not produce important material."

this is only true rock and pop songwriters though, and even then, not really.

Nice rockist meme. Most people agree that many classical composers released their best work towards the end of their life.

I'm biased as Oasis is my favorite band, but I have to disagree. Oasis' downfall was when Noel let the rest of the band write songs. He still had some great tunes in him like Stop Crying Your Heart Out all the way to Everybody's on the Run. But I thought his last album was a bit forgettable.

Being a pop musician is similar to a professional athlete where the peak age is late 20s to early 30s.

Noel is right in this situation, take a look at rivers cuomo

Lemmy was 30 when he started Motorhead though.

and Motorhead never made a good song

I think 29 actually because he founded the band in 1975 and his birthday was at the end of the year.

Bowie wrote one of his best albums literally in his deathbed

it was garbage

Other than that though, Bowie didn't make anything good after Scary Monsters (when he was about 31-32).

He says this, but his solo stuff is his best work since the 1990s. Most songwriters tend to go through peaks and troughs.

That has less to do with his age than the fact that he was a 70s artist who couldn't really adapt to the 80s.

>outside
>heathen
>half the songs on next day

>Oasis' downfall was when Noel let the rest of the band write songs

He said he ran out of ideas and the other guys should pull their weight.

Is this photoshopped? his face looks crooked

It was sure true of Megadeth.

>RIP comes out when Dave is 29
>and that's it, folks

Maybe, but you know he also got married and became a dad in the early 90s, that probably mellowed him a bit.

Kraftwerk were in their 30s when they started getting really good, but maybe they're not really "rockstars"

>Paul McCartney, one of the finest songwriters of the 20th century, has written nothing but manure for over 25 yea-

No, that album is shit too.

Pleb spotted

and this dude wrote nothing worthy of being saved

Noel's commentary on music is usually spot on, it's a shame his own music wasn't good

t. nu male

"I admire records, not bands. There are Beatles records even that I wouldn't replace if you robbed them off of me."