Pokemon Box 3

Pokemon Box 3
Previous: Requests welcome

i'm surprised. i wonder how php & js has lasted so long without multi-threading. guess i just don't understand backend webdev enough.

i'd be interested in setting up a basic php webserver on my local connection but don't really know how to go about it.

what kind of sites have you been making? anything cool? are they still online?

if you want to get started with PHP, i'd recommend getting xampp
as for the language itself, you'll just have to go about learning that the same way you would any other language
since you're already experienced in other languages it shouldn't be very challenging to learn
nothing cool or anything useful, i've just been using my website(s) as a dumping ground for projects or tests

Gardevoir plz.

sure thing

projects and tests can be cool. i've never really done much beyond that on the web myself.

thanks for the suggestion for xampp
is xampp maybe something that'd be better to install inside a virtual machine, or is it something that won't pollute my main windows install too much?

i'm not sure what you'd consider pollute
xampp is always the first thing i install as it comes with PHP and allows me to run php files from the commandline
if you reckon the additions it brings will pollute your windows you could consider using a virtual machine yeah

i guess i'll try it in a vm to be safe at first. windows has a habbit of getting pretty slow after installing heaps of things.

>xampp is always the first thing i install as it comes with PHP and allows me to run php files from the commandline
i guess that's similar to python. i use python instead of batch scripts due to how much more it lets you do.

i mainly want to host my own web sever so i can do things with some of my local files. that'd be pretty cool i think.

i've only ever written one batch script so i've not really had any need for python yet, but it seems convenient
hosting your own web server might actually be against your ISP's terms of service, so you should make sure you're informed on that

huh. even if it is against the ToS, i don't really care. it'll only be used occasionally for small projects. i only have 5mbps upload, which is a big limiting factor with that kinda thing. i've been hosting an internet facing ftp server for a while now, no complaints about that at least yet.

yeah in all likelihood unless your website blows up in popularity you won't get any complaints

Requesting lil rose wife.

not likely to happen on my current connection. it's interesting to see all of the login attempts from hackers on my ftp server. even though it's unlisted on the net. really goes to show you're never safe on the internet. especially if you don't have security.

sure thing

that sounds quite scary
my website is public but the only traffic i ever get is bots that ignore robots.txt

that's a shame. maybe you should share the address so you can get some real traffic.

nah it's fine
as i mentioned before, it's not much of a website
currently just a black page with a cheaply designed logo in the centre

hey that's better than nothing, which is what i have

at least 'nothing' is free

you're paying for hosting? i've never done that cause i'm a cheap-o.

paying for the domain name
hosting i lucked out on and found a good free site before it became pay only

ah. well then, don't waste it! create some cool projects to show off.

it's definitely not being wasted as i'm using it as a mail server too

i guess the justifies a domain name. i couldn't really trust myself to keep it online long enough to use for more than talking to friends though.

i think i'm going to go get some sleep
good night box

best cat

sleep well user

sleep well, susan

Please bump my thread. Please answer a question or two. Or ask a question or two

can't bump a dead thread, user

>How do we keep the earth fully populated with humans forever?

by copulating with pokemon

hot

But what about the sun expanding?

then we just gotta fuck 'em some more. it will solve all of our problems

requesting male Serperior
i have a large handfull of snek pokemon,but my folder is very small (less than 50 images) so if you could post dragon or snek pokemon that would be grat,make sure thier male though,i wanna see some Serperior or Charizard OR Rayquaza Cock

>people legit fap to this

yes, user. come join in.

Hello newfriend.