Is this too slow for a competitive artifact based edh deck? (Daretti, Scrap Savant)

Is this too slow for a competitive artifact based edh deck? (Daretti, Scrap Savant)

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [Artifact] ![Destroy]&color= @( [R])
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Possibly. 5th turn is important in EDH. You could be staring down the barrel of a nasty creature while you are still getting going.

Now, maybe with some mana acceleration, or some form of control to guard you ass it could work.

Also that doesnt combo with scrap savant FYI

Looks pretty slow to me

no, it seems really sub par, do u have ur list?

8th turn before you get to fetch a card?

It can be done so much cheaper. The only real advantage of this card is tou can use rings of brightearth and use other clue producers.

As far as fetching goes its slow.

But if you have the armor to live that long, and need the perfect combo piece to win it could work.

Asuming that youalready have infinite mana because you play competitive. Ring of three wishes does what the journal does but better. Even Planar Portal seems better.

If you spend your first couple of turns producing clues its quite good.

However since EDH is singleton and there arent enough clues to round out a hundred card deck, its way too conditional.

And then theres the 1:100 chance that you'll actually draw the damn thing to sac the clues to at all.

depends what you mean by competitve. If you mean 1v1, then probably slow. If you mean playing with friends and you all have decent decks, then maybe ok, but probably better options.

Late game you are only going to be happy to draw it if you already have lots of clues out.

There are better options. Is this Canadian highlander or 4 pod?

Things I would rather use for an artifact deck:
Tinker
Trinket Mage
Goblin Welder
Elightened tutor
Steelshaper's gift
Stoneforge mystic
Quest for the holy relic
Goblin welder
Fabricate
Gamble
Diabloic tutor
Demonic tutor
Hoarding dragon
Kuldotha forgemaster (blightsteel anyone?)
Tezzeret, the seeker
Reshape
Treasure mage
Trophy mage
Whir of Invention

>Daretti, Scrap Savant

Here let me fix your list.

Kuldotha Forgemaster
Hoarding Dragon

Done.

Oh also there is that one Trash for Treasure card. 10/10

That does graveyard shenanigans, not library fetch, which was what I was going for.

Kuldotha and hoarding over tinker? Amateur.

You can't play blue spells in a Daretti EDH deck.

I was at an EDH table the other day. He whipped out an EDH version of the classic eggs deck. It looked like a a normal brain freeze kill but then he cantripped into his combo pieces and looped out. 6th turn kill all 3 players.

That was the Mightiest beatdown I ever saw in such a slow format.

Wizards decided to print a few commander products. In 1 cycle they printed 5 planeswalkers that can be your commander.

Check out the bottom of the card.

I see that now. Didnt know there was a planeswalker commander.

There is very little artifact manipulation in red. Its mostly all atog effects, trash for treasure, and goblin welder.

I cant say I recommend it. Kind of one trick ponyish. Splashing another color would really help.

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [Artifact] ![Destroy]&color= @( [R])

Very few of these cards are giving me the "this is a viable deck" idea. Could be wrong though.

Matron Stromgald as your commander, Daretti in the 99. Make a shit load of tokens. swing 40 1/1 creatures with Marton swinging too and they all get +40/+40 except Marton.