It's really their best

It's really their best

yup, easily.
>STOP ME OHOHO STOP ME

Im glad it ended there, the next album might have been the greatest shit ever or a disaster

It is. Second is Meat is Murder. Third is debut. Fourth is The Queen is Dead. Why? Because the best songs on TQiD are the singles, and it sounds like they reacted to the mixed reception of MiM by going "whelp, better write some songs that sound like The Smiths, lads".

Very true

when tqid hits it hits hard but the misses miss by such a wide margin. in casual listening i end up skipping like 3 songs sometimes

It's very enjoyable but Strangeways and the s/t really get me into the atmosphere of the record. The other two can be heard about the same as background music

I agree about TQiD. There really are only a few great tracks (The Queen is Dead, Bigmouth Strikes Again, The Boy With the Thorn in His Side, There Is a Light That Never Goes Out), and everything else is varying degrees of mediocre. I Know It's Over is pretty bland, and Never Had No One Ever and Vicar in a Tutu are some of their worst songs ever. Strangeways, on the other hand, is consistently great.

Louder Than Bombs is the true best Smiths release.

It doesn't count

t. rockist/non-american

Vicar In A Tutu is a great song.
You guys only hate it because it's fun and not "woe is me".

self titled best sorry nerds

Well Morrisseys first solo album and early singles were great, so at least one more Smiths album probably would have been great. Still, it is good it ended where it did because Strangeways is a fantastic record.

For once I agree with OP.

Best Smiths tracks:
>Ask
>Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
>There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
>The Headmaster Ritual
>Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

>Loved and lost
>And some may say
>When usually it's nothing
>Surely you're happy
>It should be this way?

>I say, "No, I'm gunna kill my dog."

I kek and cry every time

s/t>meat is murder>queen is dead>strangeways

Trick question, everything the Smiths ever made was shit

Surprised no one mentioned Hatful yet.

The Smiths are utterly pap, and the most adult oriented """rock""" band since the last Sting record .

Strangeways seems like Morrisey channelling early Scott Walker. Its literally Scott V sonically.

It's their best if you count it.