Artists which require you to have a very high IQ to understand?

Artists which require you to have a very high IQ to understand?

>mr. bungle
>ween
the list goes on

Foo fighters

I consistently test in the 85th percentile and I don't think there are any.

Brokencyde

a recording of a black mans balls slapping your wifes pussy

Kate Bush, you need a certain level of intelligents to really vibe to her music

Tool

85th percentile is an IQ around 115, that's not "very high", there's tonnes, you just don't get it with your slightly above average intelligence.

85th percentile? weak

Seconded.

Steve Reich

idk probably some gay shit

death grips

I have an IQ of 217 and I listen to Touhou soundtracks and field recordings of trains exclusively

and fugazi

Free jazz in general probably. Om by Trane and Machine Gun by Brotzmann are some of my favorites. These might be more about an open mind than IQ but I can't imagine idiots listening to avant garde jazz.

Rick and the Morties

The "Rick & Morty" of musicians, in other words?

ramones, the queers, the list goes on...

The Dooob

Joking aside, I really do suspect that Can is this.

I has consistently tested 98th percentile and i mostly listen to prog, but i don't really think any music takes a high IQ to understand. Sure some songs can have more meaning given more comprehension of it, but each person can fully enjoy a song no matter their iq

Gucci Mane

oh god have not has don't crucify me

>i has consistently tested 98th percentile

ramones?

no, ramones

Merzbau

Hopsin

You don't need a high IQ to understand them, you just need to be from south Africa/ speak Afrikaans

>Om by Trane and Machine Gun by Brotzmann are some of my favorites.
lol I promise you that you don't actually "get" free jazz

I've an IQ of and I listen to as well as

radiohead & tame impala

So Radiohead?

>ween
why tho?
their gimmick is being silly

Hopsin, J Cole and XXXTentacion

stockhausen, boulez, xenakis

Excepter
Black Dice
White Suns

Andrew Jackson Jihad
I mean AJJ because they don't want to offend anyone since Andrew Jackson was a bad man.

Petzold

DID

Nirvana

David Bowie

Dan Bejar/Destroyer
I'm 50/50 on whether he's purposely cryptic or just bullshitting lyrics

Avant-Garde/Freeform Jazz

migos

unironically this. most plebs wouldn't know what very ape is about

honestly this probably

they require strength and ability to play.

This i got weird looks for listening to this type of music in high school.

He adopted an Indian kid and fought for the working man though

Dio

Talking Heads, Death Grips, Aesop Rock, Of Montreal, Devo

I test in the 160 range, this is what gifted individuals like me enjoy

>t. brainlets

see

unironically bach, liszt, schubert, tchaikovsky and rachmaninov

Tinariwen

Arguably none, since music is such a natural expression of humanity, all the way back before we even tried to conceptualize "intelligence", and any music that attempts to be "heady" for the sake of itself is pseduo-intellectual, pretentious bullshit not even worth listening to.

Only the truly intelligent can appreciate Grebo.

Pickle Rick

nirvana amirite

I laughed senpai

No way, I'm dumb and shit but I love Can.

underrated

nah thats standard mutant humor

Nirvana has a lot of depth to their music if you're not listening to their studio albums. Their B-Sides and Rarities are absolute sound kino. Kurt was to smart to understand.

Nirvana is garbage, even the other grunge bands, like alice in chains, are smarter then kurt, but to understand things like "lost in hollywood",(system) led zepelin or Tool, you have to break the reason limits.

There's more to it than that.

>nirvana is garbage
u and ur fat mom r garbatge

WHO DAFUQ WOULD WANT 2 AKCHOOLY BE INTELLIGENCE?

post-modernist Bowie
Genius = 80s Bowie
Mother Brain = Tin Machine

>J Cole
>Hopsin
>Rick and Morty
The list goes on

yez mister you speak le magnanimous truth

wouldnt no I'm a peace of shit idiot

>pls correct my spelling cunt

def gucci mane
Bobby Shmurda too, lots of hidden meanings
if Gucci can pump albums like a champ while in the pen, why couldn't Bobby?

99th percentile here. I listen to whatever sounds good, as should you.

What's good transhumanist-core?

Only people with an Intelligence Quotient above 174 can understand and appreciate the true artistic genius of Metal Machine Music.

THE

FACT

>pseudo-intellectual bragging about an arbitrary statistic that he is "so good at"
>listens to prog
sounds about right

Ya blew it

True Satanic Black Metal are bands like Darkthrone, Aryan Satankampf, Graveland, Gestapo 666, Satanic Warmaster, Beherit, and Impaled Nazarene. You can listen to Metallica if you want, but you do not understand anything about the real Hitleric Nazi Black Metal. You're just a poser and you can fuck a fuckin full of scenes.

Black Metal is Real Music that is not meant for your animals, but for real Satan Misanthropeans who do not like yours. Black Metal is the elite music and you do not understand it. No one of you understands Real Satanism. You're ridiculous little kids. Our world view is based on Wotan Hitlerism, personal level on Satanic individualism, collective level in Hitlerian fascism. Without understanding theoretical occultism, it is unnecessary to dream of understanding the Wotan worldview.

You can not understand Wotanism because you are all mentally like chestnuts. You can not reach the level of elitist Satanism, so why do you even dream about it. Satanism and Black Metal are the elite. For real misantrophies.

True geniuses, the ones that come only once or twice per decade exclusively listen to Caly Rae Jepsen

not a very high barrier, but i can't imagine someone with an IQ lower than 110 appreciating Daniel Johnson or any other outsider artist. it seems like the kind of thing that would frighten normal and confuse normal people.

IQ is the speed you recognize abstract patterns, listening to music is just processing abstract patterns, given enough time anyone who isn't mentally handicapped will be able to understand any type of music.

somehow jazz ranks behind akon

Unkle Adams

the data uses the average SAT scores of universities and the most popular songs/genres on that university's college group facebook page.

i'm guessing jazz ranks unusually low due to the popularity of the genre among poor, southern universities with large black populations.