twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

their tones make me wish i was def

damn......

deftones and faith no more were probably the only good nu-metal bands

What about SOAD?

I like the sexy songs in small doses

10/10 for 2000 if you were 16

what ones do you like?

if white pony was made by an unknown band today. hipsters would lose their minds

Chevelle is better

like digital bath, lucky you, you've seen the butcher etc

the ones with a deep slow sinister sounding groove

I think they're great. Perfect blend between mainstream alt. metal pop and shoegaze and electronic experimentation.

Good stuff, but haven't listened to them since I was younger so I'm not sure if it would hold up

they have a great catalog of music to listen to. sometimes its great to just listen to some of their heavier shit, but they also have those atmospheric shoegaze songs. white pony is def best album, but saturday night wrist is the second best imo

early Korn had its moments

The one band from my teen years I've consistently loved.

one of the few nu-metal bands with actual talent

They have a couple of really good songs. Sometimes chinos voice becomes to much for me. I feel embarrassed to listen to it.

his pitch is pretty sloppy. awful live too.
ok if you're a teenager and/or don't care about voices having very tight pitch.

>playing korn riffs at half speed with a guy whose voice cracks every 3 seconds singing over it
>talent

haha yeah

inb4: System of a Down Syndrome

I guess that's the whole gimmick of it though. That's why people like it because it's off just a little bit. Don't get me wrong I appreciate that and sometimes it works really well. But when you listen to a whole album it's just like fuck man. Please stop. Haha.

FUCK IM DRUUUUUUNK

i’d give this album an 8.4 out of 10.

Very underrated because they had the great misfortune of coming up in the age of numetal.
Chino was probably the only one from that scene who actually aspired to transcend the nu metal label through experimentation and its why they have lasted longer than the actual scene itself.
Mixing metal with dream pop, trip hop, new wave, makes me feel like they are sort of like the proto hipster p4k faggot metal guys.

Lyrically chino creates this really cool dark erotic tone.

“I took you home/Set you on the glass/I pulled off your wings then I laughed”

>korn riffs
>digital bath
fucking what

Can anyone tell me what is numetal? I thought the definition was pretty clear, it was rock/metal combined with rap, like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Hollywood Undead. So how is SOAD numetal? Or do I have the definition wrong?

Deftones is the fucking shit dude they're my fav band. Chino the goat. Best album probably white pony by my fav is saturday night wrist

During the height of the nu-metal craze they were the one band I really hated. This hatred was based solely on that 'Back to School' video which I loathed. I've since gone back and listened to a lot of their stuff and reconsidered them pretty significant.

significantly

This puts it perfeclty. Many bands have come and went since my teen years; Deftones remain-

I CAN YELL!!!!!!
but i can also whispeeeeerr~~

You should read how that song was made, chino didnt want to make it, he wanted to make some 2 deep4u shit, the record company wanted to sell more units. He gave in unfortunately

There are actually two versions of the song. The one you are talking about and the 7 min long one with no rap

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8wjOpxaNUo

youtube.com/watch?v=lMPtIhAPnn4

Will there ever be another vocalist that sings like Chino?

Around the Fur is incredible and pic you posted is there Magnum Opus. I think they're a little patchy after White Pony but have still managed to produce some amazing material littered throughout their discography since then.

Kind of. But iirc Deftones initially set out to make a "good new metal band". It's a hard genre to define, but guitarsound and hiphop-elements, i.e. turntables in Slipknot, are key elements imo

One of my favourite bands.

There's something rewarding to rediscover this band and see that it wasn't only nostalgia, it was actually some pretty good songwriting they had. You can instantly recognize a Deftones song and it has a lot to do with Chino as a frontman.

good band

Their first three albums are great, the rest I haven't heard

I don't understand why is it cool to like deftones but not incubus

I REALLY
WISH
THESE SNAKES
WERE YOUR ARMSSSS

daryl palumbo

IS
THAAAT
WHAT YOU WAAAANT

this is pretty accurate but thats not a bad thing at all