Be me

>be me
>young/jr programmer working 12-16h shifts 5 days a week +extra in weekends
>open to substances
any tips for enhancing performance/concentration and relieving stress?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-qxa91EwFco
forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2015/11/27/lsd-microdosing-the-new-job-enhancer-in-silicon-valley-and-beyond/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sex
working out
cold showers
sleep at night(im a programmer too so i know this is a joke)

Cocaine!! I prefer crack myself, but to each his own.

sleep
exercise
food and nutrition
meditation

amphetamines ofc

Do heroin. Then, you won't have the job after a month or so due to the crippling addiction. After that, you can sell your body for more.

It's a win-win.

op here
does working out actually help?
i'm quite skinny, so i don't tend to really focus on keeping fit and whatnot, since i rarely have any time, but i have considered it multiple times

Just adderall my friend. I pull 90 weekly easy. Adderall, and indica weed when im done so i can sleep.

I’d suggest sampling some extended release amphetamines like adderall or ritalin.

As for stress releif, nothing beats opiates. Just set a schedule so you don’t get a habit. I also find taking psychedelics once a month clears my stress a bit and helps put things in perspective

>>young/jr programmer working 12-16h shifts 5 days a week +extra in weekends

Learn how to poo in loo Pajeet.

op here
funny enough, i'm in northern Europe, not india
but yeah, fuck them

op here
psychedelics are a must for me, drop about 200ug+ acid once a month, or at least every other month, but regarding opiates, doubt there's any where i live, but i'll research it a bit

yes it does, as long as youre actually eating then you should gain some more concentration and stamina over time. it doesn't have to be a lot of time working out either
im skinny af and haven't really been going for muscle but i have gained a little, ive got a lot more stamina now though and could probably sprint a marathon nonstop

Darkweb is a decent source most of the time if you’re careful and find the right vendors. There’s also decent acid on there.

Darkweb seems like a good option for you because you mentioned you’re technilogically inclined

op
i've actually got a bit of good acid (125ug) tucked away for whenever i need it, a friend of mine pushed some
he stopped recently tho, so yeah, i will probably start ordering from the dw sooner or later because it's both cheaper and makes it possible for me to push it myself as well when needed/possible

some mild psychodelic once in a while
ventilate your brain

Get a new fucking job is what.

/thread

>12-16 hour shifts
you work for some amerifat multinational or something?

op here
but that's the thing, i don't want to
i love what i do, i'm doing it with dope ass people
and the schedules are so fucked up for me and the team right now because the project we're working on is quite enormous and on a really tight schedule, so i'm sort of trying to find a way to survive while working on this project, and also for future reference

>12-16h shifts 5 days a week
You should be careful with any job that has a junior programmer working 60+ hours a week with a chaotic schedule outside of crunch. Unless you're living in India or Japan, don't think that shit's a fact of life. You'll need to change your relationship with your employer over time, or use this job as an entry into a better one.

Long hours and chaotic schedules outside of crunch time is the result of shit management. This type of management will not appreciate someone with good worth ethic, but will instead abuse it.

How you stay sane in these enviroments is by not working as fast as you're able to. Getter better and faster personally as your skills improve, but do not greatly exceed expectations or the level of your coworkers. If you run at 50% constantly but are able to ramp it up to 100% when needed, it'll be better for your career than if you run at 100% constantly and then burn out and fuck up when you try to run at 101%.

Determine why they want you at the office for 16 fucking hours a day. If it's just toxic office culture which forces people who have their work done to stay because otherwise they wouldn't look like team players, then fuck that shit. Give the company 8 hours of work and 16 hours of presence. If they have you working 16 hours because your managers are retards who can't estimate, then fuck that shit. Maybe you can bail them out, but they don't deserve it.

more or less yeah, most of us are estonians, but there are some programmers from abroad and shit

If your goal is to relieve stress, give candyflipping a shot (MDMA + LSD).
The overwhelming happiness from the molly synergizes perfectly with the acid and creates a beautiful enlightening experience. The afterglow lasts quite a while. I don’t know how familiar you are with molly, but you have to wait 2 months between rolls

i've done some mdxx/candy, so that shit ain't new to me, but mixing it with acid is new to me. i'll definitely give it a go tho. thinking of trying dmt some time as well, any idea how well that'd go with mdma? or even taking a bit of dmt while candyflipping (a few tokes or so)?
read that acid and dmt have good synergy, but haven't tried it yet

okay, regarding actual worktime where i have to give about 50%+, it's rather 8-10 hours with 16h being more of an overall presence time, for manual testing (tl;dr: project manager didn't want to do tdd, even though i advocated it, and now he's regretting that choice), planning, meetings, etc

regarding testing, since we're almost done with the mvp, we're working on a more polished v2 of the whole thing, which means i'm able to rewrite the (most?) api as well as do tests first, even though that means i'll still have to work on the old shit while the new one is in development

I was a young man too. Take it from me. You think you love what you're doing, someday you'll realize you actually aren't

Some day you'll realize you spent the best years of your life busting ass to make someone else rich, with nothing in return. Fuck that, don't do it. If schedules are crazy it's because management fucked up. Don't enable them.

You're probably not even hourly, are you?

You could microdose lsd. Its trendy in silicon valley

nope, earn 1k eur gross per month, but my boss does pay me extra every now and then. for a 18 year old, that's good enough to not have to depend on another job or whatever

tried microdosing for a few months, wasn't my thing, didn't really see any real gain from it

Here's two fucking idiots, both of which currently don't have a job because of the advise given

Every drug i combine with DMT doesn’t affect the DMT trip to any significant degree. The ting is, the duration of the DMT is much, much shorter than whatever you're planning on doing. But what does happen is that the DMT Afterglow will have an impact on your LSD trip after you’re done with the DMT.
When i did this, i took the LSD and started hitting the pipe 2 hours after I dropped the acid. The first half of the acid trip was fairly typical, the DMT trip was insane (but no different from my other DMT trips) and the last half of my acid trip was more profound and thoughtful

op herr
perhaps. i haven't really worked for them for long, a bit over 4 months, so i'm planning to bite the bullet for a few more months, until this project gets it's feet off the ground, and i can move to another project

You must also have Stockholm syndrome from your employer.

well, that made up my mind. who said taking advice from /b was ever a bad idea xD

> i'm planning to bite the bullet for a few more months, until this project gets it's feet off the ground, and i can move to another project

That's how u do it

Anyone got dope in 321? Just moved here and some dickhead from reddit is charging me 100 for a half g and I gotta drive an hour? Surely someone can do better

sort of, actually. he paid me 50% of my paycheck in advance on day one because he knew i was broke and wanted to move out of my parent's place. was enough to get a room for two months, then i moved into my own apartment and shit. idk, i don't really want to jump ship, don't want to give up. off-work he's quite chill tho, we light a few joints every now and again at the office with a few other coworkers. first place i've worked where the people were this chill and open to substances and shit, so idk, don't want to jump ship or whatever

Modafinil, adrafinil, noopepts, etc.

But, back to stress relief.
Since you’re experienced with psychs, i suggest you read up on microdosing. I do this off and on and it makes a big difference. It’s difficult to microdose acid unless you find the specialized blotter on the deepweb

damn, feelsbadman

you should just get a better job

you're working too much for too little

i'm on the grind, a junior's gotta get "real-world experience" from somewhere, you know. planning on working there for at least a year, so that's 1/3 of the way done

The Charles Manson opening is the way i live my life

youtube.com/watch?v=-qxa91EwFco

>you're working too much for too little
ok mom

fuck, i love dg meng, the powers that b is my fav tho. blast dg all day errday, shit gets me going like mc ride's ipod gets him going

>op says hes open to substances
>suggest one of the most harmless drugs on the planet
>the use of which is popular with techies in cali (who, btw, have jobs doing the same type of work as op)
Maybe some shrooms would help you get out that bitterness youre holding onto. Acid is like 10 bucks in a month. The popular drug/money sink that is coffee costs much more in a month. Both make you more energetic, but only one leaves you in a naturally better mood (afterglow) for that month

microdoses of lsd-25 (aka acid), like a quarter of a 100uq tab
forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2015/11/27/lsd-microdosing-the-new-job-enhancer-in-silicon-valley-and-beyond/

Surprisingly, going outside and taking walks late at night helps. I suggest that, if you have a local park that isn’t full of drug addicts and the sort

gotcha fam, thanks. it's almost 6 am here, haven't gotten any sleep all night, so probably will go for a walk in a bit before taking a short nap and then heading for work

>8-10 hours with 16h being more of an overall presence
That's how you should approach it then. Give 8 hours of real work, and then for the rest focus exclusively on optimizing presence. What I mean by that is things like being early for work in the morning and early for every meeting. Take breaks or constantly occupy yourself with low-effort activities, but don't let people see it. Be the who who brings in donuts and other bullshit if that's your style. Done correctly, you can give the impression that you're the hardest working team player in the office, but in reality you're deliberately holding back.

Also, start looking for a new job and never stop.

will try, thanks meng

op here
thanks for the help /b
/thread