Is this album like that mirror in harry potter, where everybody gets a different experience from it?

is this album like that mirror in harry potter, where everybody gets a different experience from it?

why do YOU like/dislike this album?

I kind of like it because all the different rhythmic patterns and singing come together to form a really "groovy" layered combination. In isolation, each part is kind of shitty, but the way they arranged it gives a cool sort of polyrhythmic harmonic cacophony that's super pleasing to listen to when it clicks. You kind of have to see the forest for the trees and not focus on any one part to get the effect.

this

when it clicks it sounds a bit like pretty average rock music, just better.

What he said, but I disagree with individual part being bad.

This is like a music comedy show on a subconscious level on acid I don't know how to describe it

>pretty average rock music
wow pretentious

I shouldn't have said "bad", clearly the instrumentalists know what they're doing, but it really works when they're all playing off one another.

I dislike it because i've been listening to normie rock/metal from a young age and that's what i'm used to.

Huh. My dad was a massive blues fan, so that might have given me a leg up, now that I think about it.

You guys know there's more albums than the ten or so on the Sup Forumscore chart from 2010 right?

Everything is like that. You can't truly know you're experiencing things in the same way as anyone else and are forever truly, starkly alone.

Also I like all the dissonance and crazy rhythms.

scaruffi told me to like it so i did

I like it because Scaruffi told me to. But I also dislike it because Fantano said it's nothing special.

This album was not made to be enjoyable. Anyone who says otherwise is just pretending to look cool and edgy. Although it deserves respect for breaking the rules and being ahead of its time blablabla etc...

i liked that it made me discover the rest of beefheart discography

It's just a novelty album... let's be honest: if it were released today, nobody would give a shit. Pena is so weird it's good though.

I really like how the instruments are almost playing different songs and then they like line up every once in a while and it is like heroin for the ears.

Yeah that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it

>using fucking Harry Potter to explain anything ever no matter the context

>why do YOU like/dislike this album?
i really respect it for what it is and what it did as a work of art, and i find it to be an essential listen
however i do not enjoy it that much personally
i enjoy a lot of the instrumental songs, but all of the skits/poetry just ruin the record for me