ITT: Changes & improvements you want in The Elder Scrolls VI: Hammerfell

ITT: Changes & improvements you want in The Elder Scrolls VI: Hammerfell

>Pirates should do pirate things dynamically, i.e based on their AI and not just because the player triggered an event by entering the area
>The world should level around the player more, it's not fair or fun to meet an enemy with more health or better gear than the player.
>There's currently so many magic schools that it just complicates things, they should be reduced. We really only need two schools, Good and Bad (damage & healing)
>It can be hard to remember the NPCs because there's just soo many of them in the towns/cities. They should reduce the number of NPCs in settlements and instead add more bandits to caves to make up for it.
>Racial/gender bias could be reduced, if a player plays as a Redguard, Khajiit, Argonian or female they could get extra stats at the start for checking their privilege

It would kill the immersion and make the game shitty it everything scaled around you. I remember when I thought I had a big dick and got one shot by a giant. You are just a retard if you can't tell the schools of magic apart because their names are pretty self explanatory.

bait/5

Just because the game is about niggers doesn't mean you have to treat the player like one.

Nords should spaz out when a redguard dicks down their thots. More quests contra thalmor

obvious b8, but here are some real suggestions:

>disable quick-travel
>bring back mysticism and its teleportation spells
>allow the mage's guild to offer teleportation-services between guild-houses
>DO NOT add a bunch of settlements to be claimed / constructed by the player, however, use fo4 settlement crafting system to allow the player to purchase and craft in a selected, small amount of faction-fortresses (like the fortresses of the dunmer-houses in Morrowind). Do the same with player-homes in cities, too.
>split speechcraft into bartering (all trade / gold related perks) & leadership (warrior-tree, perks to inspire allies / intimidate enemies / improve companions)
>introduce unarmed combat perks in the thief's traitlines (improved running speed, dmg-buffs, improved jumping, special maneuvers)
>overall improve melee-combat to a more action-heavy system a la' rock paper scissor (light blow, heavy blow / parry & block), and allow evade rolls in movement direction.

thoughts?

>disable quick-travel
This. When first playing I was unaware of quick travel, those long walks were awesome and properly immersive

You have bad ideas

>The world should level around the player more, it's not fair or fun to meet an enemy with more health or better gear than the player.
but that's tonnes of fun, and makes all your leveling up and awesome new weapons/armour feel like it was actually worth something, while still giving you something to strive for until the end of game. of course in moderation, you don't want to have two impossible to kill faggots ruining your immediate mission.
>There's currently so many magic schools that it just complicates things, they should be reduced. We really only need two schools, Good and Bad (damage & healing)
retarded. make one school which encompasses all. otherwise it's confusing and stupid to constrain players to only one school/set of abilities
>It can be hard to remember the NPCs because there's just soo many of them in the towns/cities. They should reduce the number of NPCs in settlements and instead add more bandits to caves to make up for it.
again, retarded. having more NPCs in one area doesn't prevent extra NPCs in other areas. having memorable characteristics is what makes characters memorable, the sheer amount of characters is irrelevant, you faggot.
>Racial/gender bias could be reduced, if a player plays as a Redguard, Khajiit, Argonian or female they could get extra stats at the start for checking their privilege
ironic or not, kill yourself, faggot.

>oh noez a mob has better gear and hp than me!
Fuck you OP. What is the fucking point of playing ANY game if there is no challenge? Just because you suck ass you think the entire game should dumb itself down for you?

Kys. Now. Millennial trash.

change combat system to kingdoms of amalur style combat.

really, the fighting has been the biggest weak spot of the newer TES titles

Good graphics.
Non-meme tier npcs.
Bigger towns.
More kids.

>hange combat system to kingdoms of amalur style combat.
the combat system is definitively awesome, but there was a reason why all building interiors in amalur were hopelessly oversized:
its combat system sucked in close quarters.
It is good, for an MMO type of game, but in the elder Scrolls, where immersion is one of the biggest selling points, having proper interiors and spaced out exteriors to meet the requirements for this combat system to feel good, would basically destroy the feel and identity of elder scrolls games.

thread needs more angery reacts but keep going op, maybe there's a portal into our reality where the player can bring back guns

agreed. i meant it more like an inspiration and an example on how to make rpg combat systems work.

>More kids.
yes..

I see.
We certainly agree that the melee combat system of the elder scrolls could need some improvements. Maybe in the form of dark souls, or Elex (Risen / Gothic)

Make fast travel lore friendly like the mysticism or portals thing.

A lock on so ranged battles aren't "who can out cheese the other" and melee flailing matches.

Economy that reflects actual economies, the more business you and a place, the richer they get, unless you flood the market with the same item constantly.

More gestures and voices for magic casting.

Less bugs.

More realism in both world conditions and AI.

Don't split speechcraft.

More unarmed perks

Add polearms as another weapon type; halberds, spears, quarterstaff, double blades swords.

Mounted combat.

Mount and blade style giant battle sets for a siege

Bring back haggling.

Maybe add a "karma" type system. Certain bandits or guards will have groups that hunt you down if you are too good/bad, as well as increasing bandit attacks if you are carrying lots of expensive goods or money, kinda like fallout.

tbf, the karma system in fallout was never properly implemented.
had no impact on the game besides the ears / finger quests.

also, a karma system shiehorns the play into certain directions, so it would limit the range of options being available to you.
and since your main character never had a designated personality beyond what you'd rp, it would actually reduce immersion.

for dialogue heavy games like mass-effect, karma flags are useful, but I can not see them becoming beneficial for an elder scrolls game.

>actually gulping down the bait

needs more stealth archers

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU GOD DAMN FUCK YOU

Lock on? Fucking newfag pussies ruin everything, why don't we make all enemies die in 1 hit while were fucking at it

>other than that beautiful post mydude

Phantom pain handled leveling up the enemies in a cool way, taking out a guard post late game required some thinking or explosives, which just called more guards. Maybe elder scrolls could implement a similar system, where the enemies get wise to your play style and adapt. Stealth archer? They carry torches, wear chain mail, and dont give up looking after 30 seconds. Stuff like that, so you dont end up using 1 build the whole game, its also an excuse to level up ither stats. Eventually you end up as a jack of all trades with the best weapons but atleast you need to stop and think.

Shouldn't these writeups include details about prowess in stealth archery?

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

>Disable an entirely optional game mechanic that you don't have to do but is greatly for people who have a job

No normies would play if u wanna be autistic about it just mod it so you cant. And b4 reee if normies dont play then they dont make good dlc mods and more games so dont ree

I hate rock paper scissor combats but thats my personal opinion i feel like it should be 5 or 6 if you do something like that so it makes it more interesting and you have blows that dont match def or orther blows

>melee combat system
>improvements
>Elex

>more action heavy system
>like rock paper scissors

how about ripping the combat system from Mount and Blade ya know where its actually fun to fight in melee?

>Mount and blade style giant battle sets for a siege
yea that wont lag or anything

it takes like 20 mins to walk across the map calm down

Who gives a shit what normies want?

The game companies.

>They have forsaken hardcore gamers, the very people that made their existence possible.
>We were bullied because we played games, but now, the very same people who bullied us get favoritism from the companies we supported.

More space travel after being hit by giants. I wanna go full neil armstrong baby!

More male voices on females, it is after all 2017.

More kitchenware to blind shop keepers when stealing.

A roll mechanism like dark souls.

Less furries/kajits

Less constraints on character designer.

>go fetch item from A
>you are in B
>distance is vast
>waste mega ammounts of time just holding down a button
>real suggestion

>disable fast travel
>no longer fetch item from place A and bring to B quests anymore because it would bore the shit out of everyone
> get better quests

fuck off you dipshit
meme-generating le master troll npc's ftw

You referencing TES 3? Because if you're not than LOLOLOL pleb ass lil bitch go watch tv

no waypoints
no fast travel
less voice acting

>disable quick-travel

stopped reading

Go watch tv or play tic tac to you 0 attention span faggot

Spotted the inside boy.

>>disable quick-travel

You know you niggas can just not use it right? The entitlement.

Rest of the suggestions were good but fuck you still.

Make stuff that the npc's drop actually useful. I'm always botherd that i have to get super enchanted xxl dragondick armor while everybody else walks around in useless steel armor. Legendary items should not come easy and should be rare, but regular items should not suck ass.

No niggers would be nice.

You just know that it's going to be full of nigger/sjw/cuck pandering.

I mean maybe making it have an RP reason such as teleportation would be good just being able to skip around the map to anywhere you've already been is kinda lame in open world games

It's the side quests that are always the best. None of the games have a very good main quest, and the guild quests are always way to short. I would like to see them scrap the main quest and expand the guild quests.
Also add a merchants guild while you're at it. It would be neat to be able to buy stores and hire workers to make some gold.

I would also like to see there be more destructions spells. The spell options are pretty weak. There's just the three types, fire lightning and ice, and a few spells for each that just get increased damage. There needs to be more variety.

I agree with this. Fuck a main story build a living and dynamic world and some sidequests and you're set.

I agree as well with the spells, considering they are the only fun way to play the game (2handed orc/lizard = OP and stealth bow is just boring)

Disabling quick travel would be absolutely retarded. I'm sick of you autistic niggers whining about quick travel. Maps are way to big these days for it, and will only get bigger. I'm not going to spend a half hour riding a horse every time I have to go to another location because people like you don't want it in the game. If you want to waste away time going back and forth, feel free to just not use the quick travel options.

I dont think it needs to be turned off all the way just nerfed somewhat. Being able to teleport anywhere you've already been makes having a large map pointless.

Only being able to teleport to the front gate of main cities or something would be better or just flat out make it a talent tree you have to go down and you can end up teleporting wherever you so desire.

All I know is the first thing you do in Skyrim is walk to white run and take the carriage to all the towns and then you never have to run around the world again basically. Or much much less than you would normally.

>disable quick travel
You're a god damned retard.

It just needs a nerf. Being able to quick travel absolutely anywhere makes having a large map pointless. They just need waypoint style teleportation randomly all over the world. That way you still have to walk to your destination some.

>makes having a large map pointless.
how? there's still plenty of room for everything in the game..
having a large game is pointless if all you're doing is running around trying to avoid wild boars when all you want to do is finish a fucking quest

The only problem I have with this is, you can choose to do that already. Why take the option from people who don't have the time? It insane that there are people demanding less freedom and choices. Currently, the option is there but is in no way mandatory. How is that not the best option? Both sides can be happy and play how they want. Taking that option away because you disagree is just autistic elitism.

btw not saying I fully disagree with you I just remember when I played Skyrim by midway through the game I'd just teleport wherever I need to go and it made the game feel souless

I think there is a balance that isnt there rn.

Proponents of eliminating fast travel are often people who USED to fast-travel and then were happy to discover their playing experience was more fun when they stopped using it. Thus assuming others who still use Fast travel just need to "see the light".

Not everyone wants to fly / take a car / walk, so having options is the best.

Perhaps you can disable it, don't know, but I am aware of it now, and use it, can't help it. It was better before I was aware you could do that.

I felt the same way, so I stopped using Fast Travel. But not everyone experiences the same sort of immersion fatigue, so why force them to walk?

No. The map is huge and it doesn't need a fucking nerf. Not everyone has the time to run across a giant map and do one or two dungeons before having to go to bed for work the next day. Some people enjoy fast travel because it is convenient and saves time so you can actually quest rather than spend hours running around from a to b. If you have the time for that then great, you can just be an rp faggot and pretend like fast travel doesn't exist.

how about stop caring if other people use fast travel like autistic control freaks and just don't use it yourself?

It makes having the map pointless because you never see it besides the first time and then you can skip 90% of the world. Ought to put the teleportation point scattered all over the world instead of straight to each town/mine/lair.

I dont think they should get rid of it altogether just that it needs balancing to some extent, you shouldnt be able to skip around the entire map with no repercussions, it makes no sense because you arent "fast traveling" you're teleporting. Like its the games fault for not forcing you into the world a little but more. Not a lot (I agree hiking the whole map is BS) but enough so you actually feel you're traversing the map even when you teleport to your location.

Because the whole game is designed around fast travel being used you retarded faggot nigger.

It still sounds like you're allowing the principles of other gamers' freedoms to inhibit your personal experience.

If it's easy enough for you to resist temptation to fast travel, is it really that bad knowing others can use it?

>Waaa waaa I don't have free time so make the game for people like me!

You are the cancer killing gaming.

I'm not saying that I'm saying there is a middle ground. Having way points all over the map in central locations would allow people to teleport to their location but not EXACTLY to it.

Again I'm not saying to force people to only walk. Just that you should be able to only teleport. There should be a middle ground. Like you teleport within view distance of 3-5 locations and have to make your way to which ever you want to.

The people who want to remove fast travel are the worst kind of autists. Literally just don't do it. Not everyone has the free time of a NEET but still want to play a series that they enjoy.

So you're just upset that other people have the option to play the game in a way that would be less fun for you.

You see what I'm getting at? Your playstyle is not the ubiquitous "most fun" way - entirely subjective.

Its honestly not that cause I really like being able to fast travel but I feel that its really easy to rely on it and almost never traverse the actual world. Its not a matter of individual play styles as much as how the actual game handles fast travel.

I wanna be able to fast travel but still have to make my way to my destination ultimately on foot.

I know it sounds silly but I feel there is a best of both worlds. I realize I can just walk it if I want to but fuck that it takes forever I wanna be able to get close to my destination but not like....to it.

A solution: Fast travel to a close-by point that will force you to walk a little bit.

You being upset at how others use Fast Travel or have access to it is really just a reflection of how you feel weird about having it available to you.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

I'm not upset at all actually I'm having a conversation about video games....

I just think the fast travel concept in any game is flawed. I understand that others enjoy the way it currently is I'm simply proposing a compromise that would allow the people who want the immersion to have it and the people who want to fast travel to have that.

I can't decide if I like this idea. I think it was great in morrowind and I really miss mark and recall, but it seems like a pain to have to run around to find the nearest mages guild constantly. And it's weird to play a non-spellcasting character but have to train mysticism just to fast travel. Although, I suppose they could just have scrolls that you can buy instead of casting it yourself.

I changed my mind. I'd like the current fast travel system to get the axe in favor of a more immersive one like in morrowind. As long as there are plenty of different events that can happen in the wild and on the road, having to walk to the nearest city frequently wouldn't be too annoying.

I'd also like to be able to cast fortify stat and soul trap on self for one second so that I can buff myself into godhood like the good ol' days.

No you retard nigger I'm not. I'm just being reasonable in regards to autistic niggers arguing against removing fast travel from a series with a huge world map. I've grinded my thousands of hours in world of warcraft doing mindnumbing garbage and I still like doing it and hate the casual factor in WoW now. I've also spent thousands of hours playing TES and I don't want to multiply that number by orders of magnitude just because they removed fast travel and I want to do multiple thorough playthroughs with different types of characters.

I'm really not that upset.

And YES thats exactly what I've been saying all thread. Centralized waypoint locations, that force you to walk like...a little bit, not enough where its a fuckin hike but enough so you feel like you're an adventure wandering through the woods to a town.

Sorry, upset's the wrong word. I suppose i mean discontent.

Personally, as a non-fast traveler, I feel like that balance is already there.

Anyone playing just holds themselves to whatever standard they choose. Halfway through the game you get sick of running around the map? Or the opposite - sick of fast travel? Freedom of choice provides the best gaming option in this circumstance, IMO.

ES VI shouldn't have fast travel, it ruins the game.

I'm saying the multitude of waypoints that already exist are at your disposal. So fast travel to the Nightgate Inn and walk to Windhelm, etc.

>uou shouldn't be able to slop around the entire map
No, you shouldn't get to make that call. Holy autism, just don't do it if you don't like it. You're no different than the fags that think things they don't like should be illegal. Just mind your own and play how you like, you shouldn't be getting triggered over other people playing how they want.

You've spent thousands of hours playing new TES it sounds like lel. I bet you didn't play wow until quest markers were already in the game.

Your a fucking casual shit scum get off Sup Forums

Thats why I'm saying to have like waypoints all over the world in the wild but nearish to locations. It would give you a reason to explore the map some as well as get you to your location faster than walking.

The fast travel debate is missing the point imo. The problem is that the quests have you bouncing from one end of the map to the other constantly. It's just not realistic. They should have the quests more centralized around the npc, save for the biggest, global things. I'm not buying that some cunt in Solitude left a ring in Windhelm, who needs it appraised in Riften, then taken to Morthal etc. Nerd that shit, and fast travel isn't nearly as needed.

The reason to explore the map is already there for anyone who wants to explore! You're simply forcing gamers to play like you.

but..I'm not triggered at all is it something in the tone of my typing that makes you all think I'm upset or are you all projecting because I'm literally just talkin about how to implement fast travel in a maybe better way.

Yes I agree that sort of thing is already in the game if I so chose it. I was only ever proposing a compromise between the two styles.

Being realistic here, any large world RPG is going to be filled with Fetch Quests of various complexity. I'm more interested in seeing the interface tweaks that can work with this notion, than HOPING for each new game to be Witcher 3 level of questing.

Dude, if he uses words like autism and nigger you just don't have to engage. We have a real conv. going here.

I'm just curious, is the current system really that immersion breaking for you? Would you consider how your proposed system would break the immersion for countless casual gamers?

I wasnt proposing it all that seriously tbh I just thought it would be a neat way of handling fast traveling without breaking immersion.

I've played since TBC and have played TES since Morrowwind. Turn your autism down kid.

No, it's not your tone, it's the fact that you want something that doesn't affect you removed. Generally, people want things taken away from people because it upsets them. Having a fast travel option does not affect you in any way, it only gives extra options, so why ask for it to he changed or taken away? We should always demand more free and options, never less.

I think we need to get rid of all the useless fluff between towns and just make it a quick travel from gate to gate. The developers would have to make much bigger cities that were way more dramatic.

>getting triggered by a couple insults getting tossed in
You don't belong in this world. Stop being such a pussy.

Yea I realize that not everyone would enjoy having to walk even 5 extra feet to where they wanted to go. Most people want what they want when they want it.

I'm fine with the quests, just not the globetrotting. There could be a radius for minor sidequests maybe. I'll buy that the nig in Whiterun lost his sword in a local bandit den, but some of these minor things are just ridiculous.
In my last playthrough, the first Companions quest sent me to Windhelm just to intimidate some guy. I understand if the Companions are nation-wide, but if the world was realistically sized, with all the cities being as big as they should be, that would be insane in a medieval setting. Maybe they should bring back having a guild in each city, with only some later quests interweaving.

My son is autistic, so yes I am triggered. It dooms the thread to devolve into name calling, and I feel like we've had some good back and forth here.

I really dont want it removed I'm just having a conversation about other ways you COULD implement it that would be just as immersive or more.

Lol, I legit have autism too and am fine with the word. Get over it. I've made whole paragraphs to argue my point, you don't get to discredit it because I called someone autistic at the end of it.
It's just fine how it is. People that want it implemented that way can play that way. You can just use horse carriages if you want. Or only fast travel to places you think should be fast traveled to. There's no need to fix that which isn't broken.