XII was better

>dat gambit system

800 hours and counting

can you elaborate?

You didn't just start fightnig shit.

fighting*

OH HAI DOGGY

win

That is literally the draw of the game. Its a calm peaceful world and you go around fucking up its only inhabitants who happen to be giant monsters.

Your friend sounds like he has the attention span of a goldfish.

Get an emulator and play it yourself its a great game.

Just hold down O and it shines a light, you turn until it makes a point and then you follow it.

I promise its a good game your friend has shit tastes.

is that battle toads

I love the game, the people I show it to do not. There needs to be more handholding for the masses.

get the fuck out of here

Bretty gud

8 was the best. 7 was shit.

fuck that game, i shat myself every 5 seconds.

Fuck those people they have shit taste and should feel bad and fuck catering to the masses look what it did to WoW.

literally the worst FF ever

God Tier

JA!

nice troll, lul. 8 gets no attention because it's literally the second worst one, after IV. 7 gets all the attention because it's literally the greatest RPG ever created.

Yo I'm tripping out to this right now. I could not be more fucked up because of it

user no man, there are better RPGs out there, it's just a classic and was great for its time. Thats like saying Fable 3 was the worst RPG ever when there are way worst games that have come out since.

are we doing god tier, but (commercially) underappreciated? because boy then I have something for you.

The Mario Brothers Game

Have not finished it but it a good game. I've been playing older games recently and I love how relentless they are. I miss difficulty in games.

/thred

so name one? because FF7 literally built the RPG genre and destroyed it at the same time. even square-enix have said themselves that FF7 doomed 'gaming' for them because they've been unable to create anything that could ever possibly come close to it's greatness. also, after FF7, a lot of the staff who worked on it left and a new team was put together for FF8... hence why it failed so miserably. they then brought some of the staff back who worked on FF7 for one last 'hoorah', that became FF9 - the closest they got to an FF7 successor.

Not him

i, too enjoyed grandia 1 & 2, but it's a far cry away from FF7.
i also enjoyed the legend of heroes franchise and especially love the dragon quest series (especially DQ 7 and 8) but they still fall far short of FF7.

so good it temporarily ruined my life; also so good it made me find my wife.

Cmon.. that game is piss. Feminist bullshit

Playing this again right now. I love getting chased by the baseball furries.

Kinda disappointed no one posted it yet but here

Mass Effect, Witcher, Planescape Torment, I can go on. Again, maybe it was great then, but you can't expect everyone to suck off ff7 forever, otherwise it'll end up like ESV Skyrim, rereleased a million times because people like you couldn't accept that there are better games out there.

I'm playing it now, man this game is still fun to come back to.

>Duking it out with your bros

>> 752226431

Can't wait to play the remake version on ps4

Mass Effect I can't even consider an RPG
Witcher 1 was trash
Witcher 2 was alright but so short that in hindsight; it wasn't worth the install
Witcher 3 is alright, but it's just regurgitated garbage at the end of the day. huge elder scrolls like open world like basically HUNDREDS of other games in recent years. including these kinds of games are a dime a dozen and there's an onslaught more of them on the horizon. nothing special here.
planescape torment actually has some originality and is undeniably a great game; but does it compete? still no, at least, not in my opinion for this one.

is this any good? or more specifically, how much does the open world design suck? couldn't enjoy good games like mafia 3 and tomb raider because of this "we gotta ubisoftify each and every game" craze. :/

oh god it was the first game that i was using dualshock on my psx, it even had something like "best experience with dualshock" on cover.

noice

you sir are a wise man

it's good, i bought it on black friday (the 24th). the story doesn't have as much depth as the witcher 3 but the world is better designed, better optimized and much more fluent. i've only owned it for a few days but i've put many hours into it.

Singleplayer was epic and multi was pretty decent

>see shadow of the colossus listed
>not seeing ICO
fuck off, plebs.

I played the ever living shit out of the medal of honors but this one was a classsic, that pearl Harbor intro.

MY FUCKING NIGGERS

yep, a lot of people talk about shadow of the colossus as the best game ever... But for me is just incomplete if we don't talk about ICO. This games are brothers.

listen to this man. SOTC was nice, but ICO is where it's at.

How is The Last Guardian?

Ye

I actually liked this one

no other game has silt striders.

Help me out. Cant remember what it was called. Either gamecube or wii. You were fighting your way up a tower. You only get stronger and get more of the story every time you die.

i'd love to play it but i heard the controls are basically unplayable. that's what all the reviews i've read say. i get easily angered and frustrated, sounds like the kind of game that would make me want to destroy my playstation - which is a shame because i found ICO and SoTC to be quite chill (even if SoTC had it's control quirks too).

AGAIN, LADEN VS USA IS A WORK OF ART

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 hands down

Go back to Sup Forums faggot

Anybody know what this game was?

also nice. animation and controls wise all three are the same, but each of them has its very specific mood and setting. in ico, the secret main character is the castle. it's so unimaginably huge and empty, both solemn but also with sunny green spots, and it will always have a special place in my heart.

if I would have to rank it,
1. ico
2. last guardian
3. shadow of the colossus

sounds like azure dreams, but that was psx or ps2