Is it wrong to shoot someone who breaks into your house before knowing if they’re armed?

Is it wrong to shoot someone who breaks into your house before knowing if they’re armed?

depends on you laws

The door is locked to protect them, not me.
If you force entry, you are committing a felony.
It is assumed you have bad intentions.
Self defense, including leathal force is justified.
In America cannot say for turd world countries.

nope. if they broke in, it's not like they have good intentions. if you wait to find out if they're armed, you could be dead before you get the answer.

Don't think so, but should at least have a clear idea on their intentions, wouldn't want to hear something like "Hey neighbor they left this package for you at my place the door is open so I will just put it-*bang*

Yes, you must kill them because letting them go while they are injured is the immoral choice

subjectively no, objectively yes.

What do you mean?

Self defense is justified if you reasonably believe the bad guy has
1 the means
2the opportunity
3the intent
To harm you or a third person.
If they break into your house intent can be assumed.
You don’t have to wait for them to stab you before shooting them.

that you probably shouldnt but its a good idea to

No you should let the guy kill you so you don't feel bad.

It is definitely wrong you dontvknow why they are breaking in they could be trying to save a life even there own or could be fleeing an assailant

you don't need to shoot a guy to get them to leave you alone. they'll get the idea.
shooting an unarmed person is illegal even for the police and military.
yes, it's wrong.

>Is it wrong to shoot someone?
I don't understand the question.

that i can understand the urge to shoot an asshole intruder. and that it's still wrong.

Bullshit

An enemy must either be spared or utterly destroyed

what it says. read the words.

I'm really liberal on pretty much every other issue, but fucking this.

no you!

Edgelord. True facts nonetheless.

Might be the Amazon guy

Yes it is. We have police, law and a court system for dealing with criminals. No civilized human being should own a gun, I've lived in Canada my whole life and never experienced a crime.

I'd shoot them dead without giving it a second thought.

my only concern about shooting before seeing if they are armed, is that that means you basically havent fully seen them yet and it could be a family member coming in late. I have had to B/E into my own house when i was younger

All I have to say is I feared for my life. Make sure they are dead.

Nope. Not according to the law, anyway. I would yell at them that I have a gun to see how they react, but that's just me. I've heard killing someone changes a person. I'd rather give them the chance to spare me that, but my finger would be one the trigger all the same.

>someone who breaks into your house
There's too many variables to answer this question. Can you see what they look like? Are they obviously aggressive? Are they holding anything that looks like a weapon? Did you say anything to them, like stop or leave or identify yourself?. This is why it's always better to lock your door even if you live in a place that you don't need to. If you left the door unlocked you may have some legal problems. Your neighbor, the raging alcoholic, might have accidentally'd right into the wrong house and boom you killed him. Maybe you didn't like him anyway but you didn't want to kill him... and now the homicide detectives are going to have a lot more questions for you.

Is it wrong?
Legally, it depends on the laws in your area.
Morally, it depends on you.

Well ya your not going to be shooting into the dark but once you can tell its a stranger, bang.

In a hail of gunfire

nope. castle doctrine.
your home is sacrosanct and anyone forcing ther way into your home can only have bad things planned for you.

kill them. because survivors might try to sue

Right and wrong are subjective.

also try to make sure you kill them over tile or laminate for easy cleanup.

What.
A.
Pussy.
Killing a person is gonna change me and possibly hurt my feelings oh no. Thats what you sound like.

we can be quite sure about the extremes of right and wrong though.

>actually living life with the burden of a gun in the house

Not all jurisdictions have castle doctrine / stand your ground laws.

No

If you feel threatened I guess. You shouldn't aim to kill though.

You'd be much safer if you moved to a country with decent gun control though.

you americans and your convenience morality tsk

yes

He said he wouldn't take his finger off the trigger?
Are you implying that you have no conscience? You are an edgy one, Junior!!!
>300 confirmed kills

It isn't the gun that makes people uncivilised. I've known plenty of unarmed belligerent people that shouldn't be loose in society. I also have known plenty of heavily armed people that are overtly nice. By the way. It's because of guns and people acting in an uncivil manner that you and everyone else is free.

I have so many edges you dont even know. Its better than being a soft ass bitch.

No, they deserve it

all my neighbors are criminals. If they come through my door, then you can guarantee that they're breaking in, because it locks automatically. I don't live in a very nice neighborhood

>Hurrr everything is edgy

That word is so watered down now, that it completely lost all meaning. The only instances I ever see that word being used anymore is when it's being misused by retards who think anything remotely challenging to their ideals is "edgy". Everything is edgy. The world is scary. Edgy edgy edgy, I'm a little bitch.

There are laws that can get you in trouble for doing so. There's also laws that allow the thief to sue you if they injure themselves trying to rob your house.

Your edge only confirms that you're 12 years old, that's all.

Again, it depends on the laws in your area.

>Implying the police will show up on time to a home invasion

It only takes a few minutes for the dude who broke into your house to kill you and your family.

Besides, you fucking libtards are so undecided, it's almost comical. So we aren't allowed to have guns and we have to trust the cops instead, yet, we are also told that cops are evil pigs that shouldn't be trusted. Pick one, faggot.

I'm old, so anyone that thinks they're hot shit and talks like they're an action hero with autism is edgy. In reality that other user would probably piss themselves if anyone ever broke into their residence.

in europe u cant shoot them until they actually shoot you before

lol, no, I'm just an adult. I'll kill someone if I have to. I believe in gun rights and the obligation to use lethal force if others are in danger. I want a world where life comes first and no one has to die, even though I know that's not possible. If that makes me a pussy, then so be it.

Absolutely not

I would shoot in the leg.

Do you live in eastern Kentucky or around black people?

Honestly, you would probably be more liable if you injured them than if you killed them.

Duh yeah

>be me
>be stoned outta my gourd
>Walk into a random apartment thinking it was my gfs
>Some international student from Kuwait
>They offer me some tea and send me on my merry way

Life's good when you live in a rich liberal college town

Yep, i live in Belgium can confirm this.
If a burglar breaks his leg in your house while trespassing they can sue you and win.

It is forbidden to place traps against burglars, its is forbidden to defend yourself in any meaningful way because the burglar could have had a family and they can sue you to the poorhouse if anything happened to him

Depends on your state laws. My state's law is such that you can shoot someone who is outside of your home, in the process of trying to break in. As long as you don't shoot them when they turn their back to retreat, you're basically safe.

"It was dark and I saw what I believed to be a weapon. He approached in a threatening manor. I acted because I feared for my life and the well-being of my family."

My uncle went to prison for life for killing a guy that broke in to kill him. Good ol usa.

our burglars dont have guns and kill nobody they just fuck off at first conflict and take the next house the next night. no need to shoot anyone. better to just report and have them take out the whole gang.

>Is it wrong to shoot someone breaking into your house
no.

You'd be in the wrong if you did it here (UK), but if someone breaks into your house and it's legal to defend your property with force, it's their own fault when they are on the receiving end of that force.

Also, don't be a cunt and rob people. Simple.

Shoot both their fucking knees, then beat their ass, then call the cops.

>
>I'm really liberal on pretty much every other issue
Like what, autist?

Nope. Anyone in my house other than me or my family will die. Period.

You'd probably freeze if somebody broke into your house, tbh, OP.

Is the weather nice up there in your ivory tower?

Taxation and social programs, abortion/euthanasia, gay rights (not into the snowflake shit though), etc.

>"It was dark and I saw what I believed to be a weapon. He approached in a threatening manor. I acted because I feared for my life and the well-being of my family. I am not saying anything further until I talk to my lawyer"

Fixed that.

No, if someone breaks into your house then this person has proven they have no regard for common decency or the law. Any assumption could be correct and you should act as if the worst is true in order to ensure your family's well being.

Empty the clip.

Have you considered libertarianism?

You sound like a maggot dick motherfucker. Would love to sodomize you and exercise those gay rights.

No. It isn't wrong because at that moment you may know if they're armed but you do know that they have used force to enter your home and steal from you. This is enough to make anyone legitimately* fear for their lives and therefore justifies the use of deadly force to neutralize the threat they pose.

* inb4 hurr durr anything or anybody can make me fear for my life.

No

May not know* fixed.

Good point!

No. I'm far too fiscally left. Not every liberal is a gun grabber though, despite the meme.
Edgy. :^)

No. It's not wrong to shoot some one who breaks into your house even if your know they aren't armed. They broke into your house.

Just keep a spare kitchen knife in its plastic wrapper lying around so you can plant it on them when you call the police.

In my opinion should try something else first

But if it is the only/best way: Yes.

>let me just frisk you before i decide to shoot you or not

>edgy
I hope some Richard Ramirez type breaks into you family's home and rapes them too death.

Where in Canada do you live? I live in Saskatoon and man, there are streets here you don't wander too far down after dark. 20th and 22nd especially, they're kind of a shit show. There are violent places all over Canada, like anywhere else.

Look at Prince Albert; its about an hour and a half or so from Saskatoon. Its one of the most violent places in Canada. An ex-girlfriend of mine lived there for a few years, her place got broken into twice, her car got broken into a few times as well. She couldn't leave stuff out on her patio, or it'd be missing in the morning. PA has always kind of sucked, but it seems like the crime rate is getting worse and worse. We have it here, too.

There's a Mac's a block and a half from where I live, which is in a pretty good area of town. Not high class or anything, but pretty nice. I'm a night owl, I often walk there at 1 or 2 in the morning and it wasn't a problem for the first ten years I lived where I live now. Over the last year or so though, people started hanging out there at night; its often people wearing gang colours, begging for money, whatever. The place has a dedicated security guard now, its weird. Living in Canada doesn't mean we don't have violence, or that self-defense isn't necessary.

only shoot the niggers

Ok

Damn you're doubling down on that edge, huh?

I know all my neighbors.

Even the closest, who has a key, knocks first.

>too fiscally left. Not every liberal is a gun grabber
>fiscally left
you'll need that gun when your heroes and their promises fail (again)
and someone exhumes mccarthy (again).
yet it won't do you any good (again).

Moose don't break down your door and steal your tv to buy crack

>you shouldn't aim to kill
Imagine actually thinking this. If you put your finger on the trigger of a gun you're shooting to kill. Enjoy the lawsuit from blowing off the intruder's kneecaps.

No, you should wait for the criminal to shoot you before shooting them is justified.

Same in North Carolina. Got my concealed carry this year.

Uh, no. The fuck is wrong with you?

It is always wrong to shoot some one, user. Think it from the burglars of pov... you are just trying to survive. It is not some thing you want to do. You have to do it. For your kids, family, yourself. Soceitey is not there for you so you have to eck it out yourself.