The F-22 is back

>US Air Force Gen. Mark Welsh made
>comments at an Air Force Association event on
>Thursday about the restarting the F-22 program.

My body is ready

Could this have been planned all along? They wanted to get Europe involved with the F-35 and develop a separate code base for it (thus protecting the secrets of the other US' fighters). They temporarily stopped production of the F-22 (but possibly continued development) to make it look like the F-35 was replacing the F-22.

>Things that will never happen, and shouldn't happen

The F-35 is the new big guy on the block, get over it.

It has only ONE engine and it looks fat.

In case you haven't noticed, we and a bunch of other countries have been using single-engine jets as their primary fighter for about the last 40 years without any serious issues.

>BUT IT LOOKS FAT!!!!!!!!

That's only because it carries more fuel and weapons than previous generations of fighter jet. And it has a very powerful engine, so the extra weight isn't a problem.

Trump will restart it. He will order the canceled Navy bomber variant as well.

GODDAMMIT THE PLANES FILL SEPARATE ROLES. F-35 DOES NOT REPLACE F-22

sauce?

Sooo... it only looks fat because it is fat?

THIS MAKES ME WET AND HORNY. GREAT NEWS!

#deadlyatanysize

Is this the jet that has cost more than a trillion and cant even fly in rain?

No, that's the F-35, the F-22 is God Tier.

Oh great another wasteful military expenditure. For fucks sake you don't need f-22s to kill desert cave people.

Why does everyone who spouts shit about this think that a strikefighter is the same as an air superiority fighter?

>strikefighter
>air superiority fighter
Is there really such a big difference? They both seem to be "multi-mission" in many ways.
The main difference I see is that one is fat and the other isn't.
Do they really REALLY need the fat one? Why not send multiple F-22s if you want more bombs?
Also did anyone mention the A-10 yet? This is not a real /pol air fighter thread without it.

The F-22 is also a strike fighter.

>what are dogfights vs ground targets

for fuck sake's man... go watch Top Gun or Iron Eagle

BBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT. Reporting in

Call me when they restart the F14
Now THAT was a fighter