Odd Future is the most influential hip hop group of the past 20 years

Odd Future is the most influential hip hop group of the past 20 years.

Yeah cause they were like the only somewhat popular one of this millennium.

They didn't have much competition desu
BROCKHAMPTON will grow to be more influential

>not outkast

underage fag

brockhampton is just a collection of mediocre rappers over a good production, literally nothing they've put out is new or original

>20 years

A lot has happened in rap since 1997... Odd Future are only influential to memerappers of the 2010's.

I was just thinking earlier today how the collective may have dissolved fast but a few of its former members have turned out to be some of the more prominent artists of the 2010s. So in the end OF was a success.

>Gucci Mane
>Future
>Raider Klan
All three more influental than Odd Future when it comes to the current sound.

I should've said they have potential to be more influential
Also all the first projects from odd future were pretty bad so

>BROCKHAMPTON

Oh please. The white boys will be hopping on someone else's nuts by March FACTS.

Oh and yeah of course they are. Tyler's overall influence has been fucking crazy and he will never get the credit he deserves, Syd has basically brought back neo soul and Frank is well, Frank.

>blocks your McDonald's

>hasn't heard cLOUDDEAD-cLOUDDEAD yet

>brockhampton is just a collection of mediocre rappers over a good production
So exactly what Odd Future was?

brockhampton's production is so goddamn boring, they have like 3 good songs total, Tyler may have been cringy but bastard and earl had some pretty good beats on them

How is that shitty album influential in any single way?

I like em a lot too OP but that's mostly because there haven't been any popular hiphop groups of note in the 21st century, save for Death Grips.

one of the most, yeah.

doubt it. But BROCKHAMPTON itself is clearly influenced by OF

not even remotely true, even when considering just how fucking hard the showbiz industry shilled them

implying earl, milo, chester watson, samiyam, teebs, and coin locker kid don't take noticable influence from odd nosdam's production

they borrowed their sound from doom and their lyrics from eminem. this aesthetic is completely vacant from contemporary hip-hop. what exactly is influential about this?

cloud rap

oh ok, so Brockhampton, Tyler, Earl, Frank Ocean and Vince Staples are completely absent from contemporary hip-hop

ah I see so they influenced themselves. I guess you're right

Actual correct answer here. This user gets it.

not what I said, I said that they are a force in contemporary hiphop

No, never heard any rapper mentioning cLOUDDEAD as an influence to be honest.

milo has made reference to yoni

>"haven't been any popular hiphop groups of note in the 21st century"
>hip hop group literally becomes the biggest ever in the 21st century

I can agree for "One of the most influential hip-hop groups of the past 10 years", deal?

>Underground rapper makes a reference to another underground rapper
>Influental

outkast isn't a group it's a duo. outkast was literally the first thing I thought of when I saw the OP.

Brockhampton is an almost okay rap group that's labeled as a boy band, and it should stay that way so I don't have to hear about it on twitter.

There aren't many rap "groups" in general. It's not hard to be the most influential group when it's probably the only group I can think of in recent years.

lol

Their production isn't even that good though

lol the of tapes had trash production what you on

no they wont, brockhampton are everything those white boys were looking for but could never get. they will be huge and stay huge

No they won't. White boys aren't loyal to rappers. Even Fantano has already stopped acting like they are the second coming.

odd future are has beens, lets be honest