/daily/

dead again edition
The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make sharts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

On the last episode of /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/yamir-s/god-put-me-in-this-world-for-two-things
youtu.be/tUZsjJiFAvU
obsoleterecordings.bandcamp.com/track/clair-de-lune-for-twelve-string
open.spotify.com/track/4hfM7SkB0XrIjCCkemECvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5mMOsl8qpfc&t=102s
mega.nz/#F!6AkzwJxL!FgZKC1fOFE8V4h2gQDhAjQ
mega.nz/#F!DEVHUCYb!of7jT_RrNHfz6cYRuF4GhA
youtube.com/watch?v=7l6y-d-wnRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for hail satan robot 2

I didn't listen to any new albums from this chart, was p good would recommend

3nd for New Wave AOTY

my commission from the lady who does habits came in.
will be getting a physical version in the mail in a few days.

sicc barstool

plus cuba ripped off mario 64 wth

also i do not like that my reggaeton song has been added to rym

wew sicc

oddly enough a few months back i commissioned a drawing of me and my friend with haino and o'rourke for the mems

new OP image

high effort shit

thanks but the drawing isn't mine, the girl that draws clem made it

beautiful
hot meme.
i wonder if o'rourke or some other /daily/ staples will ever find our photoshops.

their poses and color choices make it look like a rap album cover

alternative universe quavo & schoolboy Q

i love caddyshack

yea idk

lmao

WHAT NEXT

prince :}

OK

>boris - flood
Good as expected. I'm still averse to anything metal so I can't say I enjoyed Flood III as much as everyone else, but I could listen to Flood I and II for hours.

>ninth moon black - kalyug
Pretty much just mediocre post rock, complete with corny spoken word samples. While there are a few heavier moments more indicative of metal, it's nowhere near enough to warrant the atmospheric sludge tag.

owls - s/t
It feels like the instrumentals would fit Mike's vocals better than Tim's most of the time. The less experimental songs almost sound like proto-twinkle daddies, and those are either the best songs or the worst songs.

umm what next i guess haha lol

diamond dongs

sick
just noticed you have yawning man on there, that used to be my favorite thing next to kyuss
days have gone by

Nice. I haven't heard any stoner rock besides True Widow so I'm glad that I didn't pick a shit one for my introduction to the genre.
Also what's the album with the gorilla on your chart, you should do that one after diamond dogs

desu it's not the usual stoner rock album, its just that it sparked the scene etc. its more like space rock noodlings n stuff
thats Pedro Santos - Krishnanda, sure ill do that

well, it does have rebel rebel
first half was good but yea

>first half was good but yea
you telling me you didn't like the botched 1984 rock opera songs?

Dios Mío, por qué me has abandonado?

Maybe it's because I had a trash day but I like it. I've listened to innerspace about five times now.

Where can I listen to yamir's reggae

lol idk what made him put those on there
your face is a mess? more like your record is a mess mr bowie hahahaha

Hey it's me, still alive. Might get great or horrible career news at a meeting tomorrow, what from here should I celebrate with, or what should I be miserable with?

the fish out of water score from the BoJack soundtrack album is absolutely incredible

>this fuckin guy and his scores without writing
Seer 3.5+
Fleet foxes 4.0
Strawberry Jam 4.0+
James blunt 3.0+
Ween 4.0
Opn 3.5++

>what from here should I celebrate with,
andrew hill

>or what should I be miserable with?
bill evans

why
soundcloud.com/yamir-s/god-put-me-in-this-world-for-two-things

>3.5++
wdhmbt

Various Artists - Music of Nat Pwe: Folk and Pop Music of Myanmar Vol. 3 (2007)
>mono

Can't say I've ever heard of "mono" before, so I went into this completely blind. What I got was a seemingly possessed compilation of detached, ritualistic tracks, soaked in religious fervor and pure, unadulterated passion. Not one of Sublime Frequencies' best sequenced compilations, with its tendency to follow tracks with tracks that sound exactly alike. It makes up for that in spades with its contagious atmosphere and the sheer zeal it projects. I will also be posting "Business Is Better Now Because of the Nats" from now on when I bump threads.

3.0+

Keaton Henson - Dear (2011)
>singer/songwriter, indie folk

Undeniable songwriting chops mucked up by an uninteresting approach. Henson's vocals are pretty, although he fits too firmly in with hundreds of other indie folk singers, making the tracks that focus on him and his guitar stagnate and leave little of an impression. His strengths lie in what he can do with his delayed guitar, deftly creating simple, beautiful soundscapes that perfectly compliment his downtrodden vocals and lyrics. I'm sure I'll like Romantic Works a whole lot more, then.

2.0+

like a hurricane, o

yuh

Wow, Miss America is gorgeous

Ok what've you been listening to recently, daily?

The Smiths
and also
Glenn Branca - Lesson No. 1 (1980)
>Post-Minimalism, Poseurcore, No Wave
The ostinato "Lesson No. 1 for Electric Guitar" is straightforwardly enjoyable. "Dissonance," however, is less straightforward and most enjoyable when the dissonance kicks into overdrive.
3.5+

The Sonics - Here Are The Sonics!!! (1965)
>Protopunk, Garage Rock
The raw recording and aggressive vocal styling lends itself to being called "protopunk" pretty well. The instrumentation isn't particularly angry, and is still recognizably R&R.
2.5+

A lot corny New Orleans R&B. I don't know why I love it so much. Especially Fats Domino, I love that Cory in the House looking fucker.
Also recently heard Bepis Envy (good), the RYMcore J-pop album (okay), and the meme Ukrainian folk album (GOAT).

There's edit meme potential in that Nat Pwe album but I'm not creative enough for it.
I'm very curious as to how you are going to react to that Mandry album.

write me a song, /daily/

Songs are for plebs
Instead, layer 3 field recordings over each other as well as an improv percussion session

done

wood alen

Bicg..

Still doing this
If no one else wants to join, trans wins
Do you really want that?

hmm, the winner decides the theme of my next chart
3x3
can be a drone, but can be anything else as well

choral spiritual jazz for your soul...........
youtu.be/tUZsjJiFAvU

can i join

yes

obsoleterecordings.bandcamp.com/track/clair-de-lune-for-twelve-string
is this legal? if not,

open.spotify.com/track/4hfM7SkB0XrIjCCkemECvQ

actually ignore the first one do the jazz

ok, Academia, right?

>"let's see what other people on here predominantly listen to"
>sees this

yes

not a bad looking map desu,

Jake Xerxes Fussell - Pinnacle Mountain Silver Mine

>The Deep - Psychedelic Moods (1966)

I suspect we're being fucked with here. This is for stoned people by stoned people. I can't think of another way this could have possibly been marketed. 1966, by the way. The Acid Tests were still happening and the term "psychedelic" was itself still new. It's also worth noting this New York band surely influenced The Velvet Underground to some degree.

This is swampy, black magic stuff. "Rock" might not be so apt, nor is "pop." This might as well be closer to ambient without any synths or new-aginess to speak of. A bit like what Dr. John would do in a few years. The songs are absurd, surreal topics, and it would be a mistake to think the focus was on deliberate songwriting with its simple, repetitive melodies. It's almost as if the music is playing in the next room over and we're just picking up runoff echoes and feedback. For a more modern comparison, it's like how Panda Bear's Person Pitch allows the writing on some songs to jusy take a back seat to everything else--some musique concrete, the atmospherics.

I don't think they're making fun of psychedelia--it was too new at that point, but they have crafted a hellishly disconnected haunted house interpretation of background music.
7/10

pretty great album, some of the songwriting lacks but the effects used are great. weird though that it's kinda an exploitation record, recorded by a studio band, but it's before it was a big enough thing to really be exploited

jazz ~~~

>wdhmbdtf
I enjoyed it, but "Want to hear more like this" outweighs "This is great"

>The Kindred - Weight

pretty interesting progressive rock music desu

Yeah, right, that's what I was trying to communicate. I don't think it's really about the songwriting itself, it's just a cool artifact.

Omni - Equestrian

oh yeah i got that i was really just being redundant and agreeing with you

Nah that's ok, I agreed. It kind of sounds like being too stoned at a party so you have to move to another room alone

>omni - equestrian
boy thats my S H I T im so hype

youtube.com/watch?v=5mMOsl8qpfc&t=102s

yeaa i'm glad you put me onto them, the guitar work :ok_hand:

so...
i entered the tourney two times
and lost twice
and one of those occasions to gob

It seems /daily/s darling Sondre Lerche is coming to my country.

finally someone listens

rock solid album, needs more attention round here

i'm still on a slight brockhampton kick

i'd edit it but that seems a bit self serving

also hate to bother ya but i can't find that Mandry album or the Cхoвaйcя comp, do you have links to them?

s

BRUCE CAMPBELL WITH THE CHAAAAIIINSS

post-feelist

>tfw /daily/ stays dead during a tourney call
huh

-feelist

tbqh I don't feel confident entering a Kanzler tourney

what, scared spooky reichskanzler bout to blitzkrieg your taste?

Shovaysia:
mega.nz/#F!6AkzwJxL!FgZKC1fOFE8V4h2gQDhAjQ

Lehenda pro Ivanka ta Odarku:
mega.nz/#F!DEVHUCYb!of7jT_RrNHfz6cYRuF4GhA

I can't understand a person that likes Placebo - Meds

lovely one

4lung & emamouse - Thunderstorm in the Radish Field

Krishnanda by Pedro Santos was p damn nice, sounds of being stranded on some tropical island. Catchy but with a deep psychedelic, spiritual touch. Couple of instrumental tracks that felt underdeveloped, still I listened to it multiple times today

What's Between by Wife was ok. Spooky pop with dark electronic backdrops co-produced by Roly Porter and Haxan Cloak apparently, so maybe I expected a bit more

best ones so far against each other

need recs from trans, lamb, darklands and gfr

are there any restrictions

has to be streamable somewhere
and nothing extreme long would be good i guess

define extreme long

My dick

this

like an hour or something

youtube.com/watch?v=7l6y-d-wnRk

If you're ok with 20 minutes I rec The Necks - Blue Mountain

20 minutes is fine
i heard that one already tho and was not sold on it
if you want i can give it a relisten and count that

hmmm prob not then
how about Liars - Cred Woes

heard it
the newest Liars album was a pretty big dispapointment, I really liked Mess but they changed their style a bit and it didn't turn out that great

i should really update my 2017 log chart, but topsters2 deleted it and now i need to rebuld everything :/