Will next season be their season?

Will next season be their season?

>one point shy of their best PL point tally ever
>solid defense and GK
>Son proving to be a reliable provider of goals and assists
>have a 20+ league goals striker
>pretty solid midfield
>one of the hottest young talents around, also a reliable provider of goals and assists

I feel like they are only one marquee signing away from the title. Or perhaps even just a few squad depth signings alone will do the trick.

I hope so. It's always nice to see a team work their way towards the top without spending billions.

They need to start winning things though. Would be a shame if Spurs' best ever team ends up with fuck all.

They've done a great job at slowly building a solid team, yes. Too bad they spent most of the Bale money on shit signings, though.

if they bought kante this offseason, they'd be winning it all now

If they bought Messi they'd be winning it now.

not exactly the same thing, ameriturd

Spurs spent 8 (eight) million pounds on Vlad Chiriches.

Not even a Spurs fan, but I really hope they manage to keep their talents this summer. Would be enraging if any of them went to Chelsea or City.

>All those hot young stars
hmmmm

It's just stupid to say "If Spurs had signed a player who they had no chance of signing then they would be better". Kante chose between Chelsea and Man United, Spurs were never in the equation.

yeah but i hope you understand kante would mean more for this spurs squad than messi, as stupid as that sounds

They already have the best defence in the league

well they did get 4.5m of it back with their jew magic. so they only really lost 3.5m plus wages, not that big of a deal for a PL club

Just taking the good times as they come, it's nice to be playing well as a team with players who all seem genuinely happy with being at the club at the current time.

It's amazing how much has changed, even since Bale has left. Pic related feels a long, long time ago.

That's a lot of wasted money.

Eriksen was the only solid buy there, an amazing signing for the fee. Shame that Lamela is permaded and Chadli also, because at times he did have his moments. All the rest were a total waste of money.

Related question: at what point do we start calling them the next Arsenal? Top 4 but never champions etc.

Maybe after another two seasons of being in the top-four? That being said, they've improved so much since two seasons ago anything could happen.

Literally a meme team of chokers.

They've only made the top 4 once in the past 5 years....maybe once they do it a few times.

Next season they play in Wembley, so nope

Last season was their season and they fucked it up.

Last season was Arsenal's season. If you asked somebody in 2015 "Chelsea, Man United, and Man City all collapse. Who wins the league?", they definitely wouldn't say Spurs.

This desu senpai

How do I fall for the Arsenal meme every year? Every single year they start strong and play beautiful futbol. Makes me sad desu.

If they do the same shit next season, being a scummy club that qualifies for European championships but does nothing in them

>Arsenal
>beautiful futbol

This hasn't been the case since like 2011.

The Eriksen buy for 11.5m or whatever it was was worth the other mistakes.

The other players they either recouped 50%+ (Paulinho, Chiriches, Capoue) or made money selling the player on (Chadli).

All in all they probably got their moneys worth given Eriksen is a 50m player in today's money.

In the grand scheme, that's not even the worst purchase recently for Spurs. Soldado and Sissoko were busts and even Paulinho was pretty underwhelming

>being a scummy club
You talking about Arsenal or Spurs here?

This.
>inb4 goal vs norwich

Reminder that Soldado >>> Janssen in transfer both value for money and goals

little international experience and lack of bench depth means that next season will be quite bad for them.

People said the same thing last year

dunno why but I despise Spurs

maybe it's because their gameplan boils down to pressing and committing niggly fouls and then hoping Kane/Alli/Eriksen scores

And CL/EL was quite bad for them.

Dumbass.

Aren't we talking about the league though?

It's easier to win the league if you don't have international cups (Chelsea and Lestah are the prove of that).

If they manage to figure out how to play in Wembley (which I highly doubt), then they will win the league.

Their only possible year is this year if Chelsea collapse, otherwise don't expect them to get any titles. They're pretty much done for.

any starters likely to leave this summer?

Alderweireld is a possibility because so many rich clubs need a CB (Man City, Barcelona, and Man United). But other than that, probably not. Maybe in a year or two you might see the English guys try to leave. Kane's eventual move to Man United/Man City is basically inevitable.

I hope so. Genuinely likable team, even if they did collectively chimp out against Chelsea last season